Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some other members have mentioned it, but I also feel like I remember seeing something about a shack way back at the beginning of this case. I haven't had time to search yet.

I remember watching a video on YT where a “shack” was shown in the distance. For the life of me I can’t remember who posted it but they were talking about the case. It reminded me of a small dilapidated outbuilding located in the wooded area. I think but I’m not certain that it was talked about here on WS back in the day.

I’m not all the way caught up yet, but I really do feel like whoever BG is, was someone who had a solid alibi and got off the hook at the very beginning of this investigation. I too, feel like someone knows exactly who this is, and isn’t speaking up!!! I do feel like Carter is speaking directly to this person that hasn’t had a back bone to do the right thing, and he wants to let them know, they are on too BG one way or another!

Carter did this presser to speak right to BG and whoever is standing by him and not turning him in! IMO

Ok, ok. lol That’s respectable! :)
I’ve always said “guys” or something like it. Lived both east and west of the states but not north or south so y’all escaped me.
Shamefully I will admit that when I was younger I used the term Youse. I still have well educated friends that grew up in NY that say youse. As in hey youse!

Yes, it was a VERY targeted statement and he knew BG would know what he meant. Doesn't matter that the public doesn't get the reference.

Was that movie shown recently at church? Was the book or movie given to LE by someone following the case? Did a pastor mention it in a sermon recently?

Is there an actual shack in this case where evidence was found???

jmo

Maybe there was a copy of the book in the car.

I look at the two sketches and see so many differences that I cannot come to terms with this.
I also have difficulty with an 18 yr old using the term, "guys," as it was used - sort of a mini pause, almost friendly - seems like something an older adult would use.

I remember watching a video on YT where a “shack” was shown in the distance. For the life of me I can’t remember who posted it but they were talking about the case. It reminded me of a small dilapidated outbuilding located in the wooded area. I think but I’m not certain that it was talked about here on WS back in the day.
I may not be remembering correctly but I could have sworn the "shack" turned out to be an outbuilding on RL's property with no evidence of value at all within.

Do we know any of the following:
Appx. time of death? How long were girls on the trail?
The Cause of death? Were they strangled? Decapitated? Shot?
blunt force trauma? (FB said one grandmother said the girls
both had scarves around their necks.)
What was motive- sexual assault? or simple murder? abduction?
Why wasn't a description of vehicle (abandoned) given?
Were girls' bodies found the next day? Who discovered them?

Lots and lots of questions remain unanswered.

Born in the Midwest, here. My siblings and I, born in the early 60s through early 70s all use “you guys.” And often.

I'm from the deep south and we use 'guys' at times when talking to either gender or to both.

Lol! I even use it here at times if I mistakenly make a duplicate post. I say "sorry guys' even though I know posters can be both genders.

Imo

This.
Teachers often call their students “guys”.
It implies a casual non-threatening relationship, and to be honest, used when a teacher who sees/knows many students can’t quite remember names at a given moment. A teacher would say “Ok guys, let’s all sit down and turn to page 27.”

A teacher would have been off on the school holiday that terrible day in February 2017 just like Abby & Libby were. Were Delphi schools off yesterday, Easter Monday? Schools in my area were out. If Delphi schools were out, the presser could have been strategically scheduled for a school holiday after inviting the public to attend. That would allow a teacher to attend. If the families were told the perp could have been a local teacher, that would be shocking and upsetting to them.

I am a teacher, and as much as this theory troubles me, it is preferable to me than the thought of a family member or LE being involved.

This is a good theory. I said a few pages back that I don't think Libby would have pulled her cell phone out if it was someone she knew really well. I mentioned in the post that if it was someone she knew but made her feel uncomfortable then I could see her pulling the phone out to take a video. I could see her doing this for teacher that made her uncomfortable at school. I feel like who ever this is fits under the description of 1 or 2 people:

1. A complete stranger

2. Someone that she knew who made her uncomfortable

I really believe if it was someone she was comfortable around that the cell phone wouldn't have been pulled out. JMO

Do we know any of the following:
Appx. time of death? How long were girls on the trail?
The Cause of death? Were they strangled? Decapitated? Shot?
blunt force trauma? (FB said one grandmother said the girls
both had scarves around their necks.)
What was motive- sexual assault? or simple murder? abduction?
Why wasn't a description of vehicle (abandoned) given?
Were girls' bodies found the next day? Who discovered them?

Lots and lots of questions remain unanswered.

They will never give the COD until the suspect is in custody and going to trial! That isn’t something you can say without jeopardizing the whole case.

The girls were found around noon on the 14th!

They were found the next day because the night before, searches had been called off! I believe people still searched, but with it being dark, made it difficult.

We aren’t sure why there was description of vehicle ...everyone has theories.

I may not be remembering correctly but I could have sworn the "shack" turned out to be an outbuilding on RL's property with no evidence of at all within.
I could totally be wrong here, but I don't think "The Shack," with its story line, would be used in a literal sense by LE, as in something happened in an actual shack. I tend to agree with others that it might have been mentioned because of the moral aspect. What surprises me most about that comment is why a veteran officer, who's so obviously affected by what's happened, would even watch a movie like that. Was there motivation to watch it?

I have noticed that people have many words available (especially because we all watch TV and movies) and they instinctively choose to use different ones in different contexts. Abducting two people isn't the same as asking them if they want pizza.

For example, it's interesting that on this forum we don't call Abby and Libby 'guys', but we do use the word to describe the perp.

A police officer who is about to arrest you and your accomplice won't say "Guys, put your hands up." Someone might say to police "Guys, I'm innocent", but smarter ones will say "Officers".

As the detective said, this crime was about power. The word 'guys' is used in an everyday context, because it avoids expressing power. When you want to express your power, or acknowledge someone else's, you don't normally use that word.
Not to beat this dead horse, but a Midwestern parent or teacher will definitely use “you guys” in a powerful way as well. If you grew up in the Midwest, you’ve definitely heard “‘Knock it off, you guys!” In a serious or angry tone before. We use it with every tone imaginable. I used it Sunday in this way when my nephews were trampling mom’s flowers. They stopped immediately.

When there’s no info or media attention for extended periods of time and suddenly info is given I always feel like something big is coming. I hope and pray that’s the case.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member