Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions - At this time, I believe LE thinks they know who did this from witness information and early and recent tips. I also think someone has helped "alibi" this person early in the investigation. Nearly everything in that PC yesterday was aimed at confronting and alarming the perp and whoever has alibied this perp. I believe the perp is well known and respected to at least a part of the community including LE. They feel angrily betrayed and shocked by this perp..... I sure hope they can get enough evidence to make an arrest.......This is all my own "hinky meter" deductions and opinions and I have been both right and wrong in the past.......moo

Opinions - At this time, I believe LE thinks they know who did this from witness information and early and recent tips. I also think someone has helped "alibi" this person early in the investigation. Nearly everything in that PC yesterday was aimed at confronting and alarming the perp and whoever has alibied this perp. I believe the perp is well known and respected to at least a part of the community including LE. They feel angrily betrayed and shocked by this perp..... I sure hope they can get enough evidence to make an arrest.......This is all my own "hinky meter" deductions and opinions and I have been both right and wrong in the past.......moo

I agree completely. . I also believe he is connected to a church.

I’ve been following this case from afar but haven’t posted before. These are a few of my own thoughts and opinions following the press conference-

The new sketch looks like a reverse age progression of the original sketch of BG. To me, it looks like the same guy but younger, or someone trying to disguise their appearance/true age. I’ve always thought that if the girls knew him then they would have found a way to say his name so that it was captured on the recording, so either they didn’t know him (although he could still have known them) or they didn’t realise they knew him.

Add to that the emphasis on BG being local or having local connections and it seems more likely that he would have been worried about being recognised by any potential witnesses and disguised his appearance.

I believe that the ‘could be in this room’ comment was intended to really focus the local community on the fact that he really could be living amongst them and hiding in plain sight, making them reconsider people or information that they might have dismissed previously.

Out of interest, has the fact that there is a witness been mentioned before or was this new news?

rsbm.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? What exactly is the new strategy?!
They really didn't say, did they?
I think this is cop-speak that really means 'we're at the end of our
tips and need more help'.
When LE has exhausted all means of investigating (that they know of), and in order to keep the crime in the news, they will plan a
pc to try to generate more leads. It may help or it may just stagnate
longer, which is where they are now- stagnated.
Wish I could be optimistic but I'm not.

Agreed

So, I'm unaware of it's been mentioned on here or not, but the date the movie The Shack was released coincides with the very same date that the Delphi United Methodist Church had their final movie night.

Yes, I can be this dense sometimes. :)

Did they watch The Shack or did the dates just coincide?

New strategy is that it was random. He is known to community.

And, we knew you actually looked quite different (younger and not so unkempt) as we initially lead everyone to believe??

I am spending so much brain-space trying to figure out LE's thinking... Its just not making sense (at least not to me). Lol

very happy to see movement on this case after so long. I hope their new strategy and this new sketch and release of additional audio generates new leads and a good suspect. The girls have not been forgotten.

So, I'm unaware of it's been mentioned on here or not, but the date the movie The Shack was released coincides with the very same date that the Delphi United Methodist Church had their final movie night.

Do you have a link to this info? Did they attend that movie that night as a group (appears to be March 3, 2017)? Is there any connection between Abby or Libby and this church?

Okay, random thoughts and a couple questions...
1- Do we know for a fact that the "Guys... Down the Hill" is just another word from the previously released "down the hill"? Or is is said at another time? Can we put them back to back? "Down the Hill... guys.... down the hill" ?
2 - It seems they are implying that BG parked at the abandoned building from 12-5 that day. 5 minute walk to the trail. They have asked if anyone was seen walking WITH A BACKPACK in that area of the highway that day. So, BG parks, walks with disguise to the trail, stalks/kills them. Puts his stuff in a backpack and walks back to his car and drives away. 3. OR... parks at the building, WALKS WITH HIS DISGUISE IN THE BACKPACK down the road to the trailhead, goes to the "shack" and puts on disguise, does his thing, puts clothes back into backpack and leaves just the way he came. It could be that Libby's phone is the only time someone saw him in that outfit.
4. The "new" sketch from a witness would be how they saw him on the trail/parking lot/road and the "old" sketch was BG from the video? And maybe they just realized no one else probably saw him dressed that way??
5. It's been said before, but, worth repeating. Libby is a freaking HERO here. Having this info/pic/video/recording is going to solve this. And because they have it, it's possible it kept BG from killing others... they have more evidence than he thought and he doesn't dare to do it again.

I have a few thoughts about the PC yesterday. First, LE has some new piece of information that allows them to to achieve some degree of certainty about a particular piece of evidence. Up until recently, I do not believe that this evidence was as trustworthy as it is now. I have no clue what that is, but LE certainly does.

Here are some things that stuck out yesterday:
1) LE clearly stated that this sketch was the murderer. They also stated that the audio clip was one person. In the first (or one of the first) PCs, LE stated that BG was simply a POI and that they could not say he was the killer. They also were unwilling to state that there was only one killer at that time. Some piece of evidence has allowed them to now definitively state that there was ONE killer and that it is the man in the "new" sketch.
2) If the sketch was actually created three days after the girls were murdered, why do they feel comfortable releasing it now as the primary sketch? There is something that bolsters LE's belief that this sketch is the man responsible for the crimes.
3) Also, the words were so pointed yesterday. LE was speaking to the killer. The PC was not for the public but for the murderer. If they did not have some idea about the identity of the killer, they would not be able to make such pointed remarks. LE knows the killer understood exactly what they were saying.

I do not believe that the girls knew BG. There was something about BG that let Liberty know that something was not quite right. I believe that this is why she started filming. If she knew this person, I think that she would have spoken his name. She also could have texted or alerted her family. It could be the case of one degree of separation, but I do not believe that either girl personally knew BG.

My hunch is that LE now has something that ties two locations/crime scenes/crimes together. They were able to gather additional information from that secondary location, and now they have a better idea of who BG is. They may know his exact identity yet, but they are close.

ETA - I agree with the Parabon train of thought.

Hi all! A few thoughts and IMO . FAMILY means all of the family of the girls. Carter wasn’t singling. BG was about to turn, there is definitely more video. There were 2 witnesses and 2 sketches done. If you read the earlier posted article, the artist says there is a new sketch done from each witness.... There is a LOT of catholic/Christian innuendos and Carter was speaking to someone specifically. Thoughts?

And, we knew you actually looked quite different (younger and not so unkempt) as we initially lead everyone to believe??

I am spending so much brain-space trying to figure out LE's thinking... Its just not making sense (at least not to me). Lol
I edited my response but not on this one. I’m saying that initially maybe it was thought this was random by drifter. I think it’s turned into not random by known person to community. IMO

I am going back to news articles from early on, one of which was when DN was a suspect. It seems as though there were at least two witnesses from the articles I have linked below this one, but that seems to contradict what was stated yesterday. It could just be lousy reporting....but I can't stop thinking about the major changes in the sketch. The reddish brown hair seems to be the only consistent detail.
Police release new sketch in Delphi murders of two girls | Daily Mail Online.

"We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls,' he said.

New details emerge about person of interest in Delphi murders
"Investigators say a witness claims he saw a suspicious-looking man on the trail the same day Abby and Libby were killed. Police produced a composite sketch of the man they believe murdered the girls. The witness was so close he reportedly says he could even see the color of the suspect's eyes."

If the male witness in this article was that flipping close to state the color of the suspect's eyes, then how does the suspect go from having facial hair to no facial hair in the sketch released yesterday?

ISP releases sketch of man accused of killing Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams

"Police say they hope the sketch will help clarify some of the pictures that were previously released regarding the investigation and the man on the bridge. Police say the sketch of the suspect is based off witness tips, including one woman who told police she saw this man near the Delphi Historic Trails the day Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered."

and further on in the article it says....

"police say the person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a white male between 5’6” to 5’10”, weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair. The eye color is unknown, but according to one witness, his eyes are not blue. Additionally, this sketch depicts a hat that may not be accurate."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member