Found Deceased MS- Shawn Martin, 26, Pascagoula, Jackson County, 21 March 2019

doodles1211

Reaction score
Shawn Martin, 26, was last seen by his family on March 21 when he reportedly left heading to the Atlanta area. Police say they are not sure if Martin, who is from Pascagoula, made it to Atlanta or not. A missing person’s report has been filed by Martin’s family in both Moss Point and Pascagoula.

7URIPSEUMRGXPBFYUUP636F4BU.jpg

His description was sent out to law enforcement agencies between South Mississippi and Atlanta but no one has reported seeing him, said Moss Point Police Chief Brandon Ashley.

Martin is described as standing 6’2”, having a medium-sized frame, gold teeth and various tattoos. He was last seen traveling in a dark blue 2003 GMC Yukon with Mississippi tag number JHV264.

If anyone has seen Martin or the vehicle, or has any information relating to his whereabouts, please contact Moss Point Police Department at 228-475-1711 or Pascagoula Police Department at 228-762-2211.

JHPX55F3ZVHXDKIXHUI3M3YSAY.jpg

http://www.wlox.com/2019/03/28/missing-pascagoula-man-last-seen-more-than-week-ago/

So if I am reading the article correctly, it states the he was last heard from while gassing up in Moss Point. Now his vehicle has been found abandoned there. But this is confusing to me:

'Moss Point Police Chief Brandon Ashley said the case is being treated as a missing person.

“There is no telling what is going on,” he said. “We have sent out information on him to agencies from here to Atlanta. He is not technically missing from Moss Point, but we are checking and coordinating with other agencies to find him.” '

BBM
I would think if Moss Point was his last known contact location and then his vehicle is found abandoned there that he would in fact be considered missing from there? Is this possibly due to an edit to an prior article and they failed to correct this?

Read more here: ‘I’m hopeful I’ll find him alive.’ Coast mother asks for help finding missing son.

Oh wow. Thats got to be a difficult thing to see. Thank you for your search and rescue efforts which ultimately located this young man.

It is a hard thing to witness but bringing some sort of closure to a family is my ultimate goal. Me and my team have located many people but this was the first time that the news has given a search team credit for the find and not law enforcement. I hate to say I don't see this case ever coming to a close or there being justice. We found him roughly 250 yards from where his truck was dumped...we could see the spot where it was parked in fact.

So if I am reading the article correctly, it states the he was last heard from while gassing up in Moss Point. Now his vehicle has been found abandoned there. But this is confusing to me:

'Moss Point Police Chief Brandon Ashley said the case is being treated as a missing person.

“There is no telling what is going on,” he said. “We have sent out information on him to agencies from here to Atlanta. He is not technically missing from Moss Point, but we are checking and coordinating with other agencies to find him.” '

BBM
I would think if Moss Point was his last known contact location and then his vehicle is found abandoned there that he would in fact be considered missing from there? Is this possibly due to an edit to an prior article and they failed to correct this?

Read more here: ‘I’m hopeful I’ll find him alive.’ Coast mother asks for help finding missing son.

There was a crime scene in that vehicle. One that is undeniable. Sorry, I'm new to Websleuths but I found him and I know that LE was doing nothing to find him at all. When they found that vehicle, it should have gone from missing persons to a homicide investigation and looking for a body to recover. He was a known drug dealer so they thought the problem took care of itself.

There was a crime scene in that vehicle. One that is undeniable. Sorry, I'm new to Websleuths but I found him and I know that LE was doing nothing to find him at all. When they found that vehicle, it should have gone from missing persons to a homicide investigation and looking for a body to recover. He was a known drug dealer so they thought the problem took care of itself.

I see. No matter who he was, if a crime was obvious that should have been reported and investigated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back