TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this helps but it may give some background to the area. This area around Roseland used to be my regular beat 20 years ago. Since then it has changed considerably, particularly the new apartments that have been built where there used to be old run downed houses and businesses. The old Scorpions M/C club hangout was just around the corner on Hall street but it too is gone now. Just 2 blocks north of Roseland between Hall st/Thomas/Munger and Washington is the Roseland Homes housing projects where I spent countless hours on duty. Down the street east on Roseland and Munger there used to be several drug houses. I am sure much of that has changed as rent prices have skyrocketed in the last 10 years so close to downtown. Any of these could be a factor in her disappearance but the area she was last seen is directly in line with how she would have likely driven to Mesquite from NW Dallas. Additionally if she was driving under the influence of any substance whether intentionally ingested or not and she needed to get off the road to sober up there are many exits off 75 and Woodall Rogers (hwy 366) that would have brought her to the area of Hall/Ross avenue. I cannot even fathom the number of citizens I encountered in the area that just flat out got lost because of all of the crazy roads, exits and on ramps around there. This was all made worse back when the light rail was installed.

Why is she holding keys on a lanyard in the video? Was she on her way out of the building and to her car? Wouldn't she put the keys in her bag if she expected to leave with someone else?
The police know when she parked her car and whether she entered the elevator or not. They know if it was a longer visit or a short one. In any case she seemed to have had an errand in the building and didn't just stumble into that garage. If there was something in her phone records connected to the building, it must have ben innocuous, since it did not generate police suspicion.

Her very worried brother is interviewed in a video here. A Texas Mom Who 'Loves Her Baby' Failed to Pick Up Her Son, and Now She's Considered Missing His last name is Peralta so is Reyes her married name? Is there a husband or ex-husband in the picture?
Not that I have seen. With Mexican names the father's last name is first and the mother's last name is second. So, at one point her mother's last name was Reyes. Thus, all the children (her siblings) have a last name(s) of Peralta Reyes. Though in the US they often keep it to the father's last name which is why when you see her in her National Guard/Reserve/Army uniform the name tag on it says Peralta.

Agreed. You never know when it’s going to have an reaction on you. But to your point of the contradiction and the phone call not being special or unusual enough for it then to thank she’s under the influence of something - we could also say if she took something on her lunch break at 1pm - by 5:50 pm, she also could be coming off of it as well.. hence why she looks a little unstable.

This may be stupid but does anyone else think they can tell the difference between drunk unstable and drug unstable, or is it just me?? Lol maybe it’s because I went to a party school and seen it every weekend

I think there's a distinct difference between people who are drunk, and people who are drugged, and I would bet on drugged rather than tipsy from the video, but who knows. People who choose to do drugs usually choose to add alcohol. I think it's also possible that she is stumbling around for no reason, but that also contradicts the straight as an arrow national guard. National guards shouldn't be walking like that.

Last edited:
Not that I have seen. With Mexican names the father's last name is first and the mother's last name is second. So, at one point her mother's last name was Reyes. Thus, all the children (her siblings) have a last name(s) of Peralta Reyes. Though in the US they often keep it to the father's last name which is why when you see her in her National Guard/Reserve/Army uniform the name tag on it says Peralta.
Can you upload the photo in uniform showing the name tag? If not, did you notice her rank or any other insignia?

I would very much like to be proven wrong here....but I am leaning towards she is on something in the video. There has to be a reason she just didn't go back to work. She called her babysitter but didn't answer calls from work, so she purposefully dodged work calls. She very well might have been at this apartment either to party, or to buy. My opinion of course.

FOX4 DFW is reporting an ex bf lives at the apartment complex she is seen at on the video. Her car was parked a block away. Info came from her sister. They don’t know why she was there. The relationship had ended badly. Again, per sister on local news. No link yet

Thank you.

She is pictured as an E-3 PFC Private First Class. She had completed basic training and has the typical marksman qualification badge everyone receives. She has also completed advanced individual training for her military occupational specialty MOS because she has an ASR Army Service Ribbon (rainbow) which is everyone's first ribbon award. She also has an NDSM National Defense Service Medal (red-yellow-red) everyone gets one within a time period. The insignia over her name is for her unit.

She is pictured at Fort Lee, Virginia, home of the Papa Pirates and a lot of training schools. It is often called Fort Leisure because it is a more relaxed atmosphere, an administrative post rather than combat arms. She probably did her MOS military occupational specialty school there - maybe admin. asst., quartermaster, maybe paralegal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members