Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know a physical therapist that can review the "gait" video? They would be the experts.
I don't think there is enough video to be conclusive on that, especially when taken into account that he was walking across a bridge surface that was less than ideal. (LE stated much the same thing.) But I'm not a PT.

bridge.jpg

You guys, I found this picture on the Pharos (Indiana) Tribune from Feb 14 2017. The article states this photo was taken the day the girls were discovered, but BEFORE they were discovered. Interesting vantage point, and at least one of the guys is wearing a blue jacket and jeans, with hands in his pocket. Identified as searchers. Also shows the condition of the bridge slats. The guy on the left of picture looks like he is being careful not to fall, which reminds me of the BG "gait".

Please chime in with what you think.

In this day & age, with cameras everywhere & digital & DNA technology, would it really be possible for someone to taunt LE without being IDed??
It sure as hell ain’t easy.

One way that it has been done, is through online tips. In many situations, it’s set up to protect the anonymity of the person providing the tip.

Eric Lyle Williams did this when he murdered two prosecutors in Kaufman County Texas.

His code word was discovered when law enforcement searched his house, proving that he was the person communicating with LE.

Something very significant happened to make Carter as angry and emotional as he was. Clearly he had seen that sketch well before the last few days, and had seen the video as well. Simply the holding of a press conference wouldn't cause him to be in the state he was. Whatever happened - it's personal to him, beyond his obvious desire to catch this guy. Something affected him deeply and profoundly. He seemed to be horrified, angry, and even incredulous - like he'd been shocked and appalled by some new development. Either someone he knows, or a person in a position of trust to the girls or children...there's a sense of betrayal there.
ITA! I was just wondering the same thing you have expressed so well. He is the superintendant of ISP, a mature man, long term cop, on this case for 2 years - yet he is overly emotional at this point.

Sounds like it fits to events to me.

Libby videos an assailant in baggy clothes.
Looks 40.
A witness comes forward immediately after the murders because they saw someone they needed to report - a younger looking person- like 22.

At the time of the murders the police appealed to public for help looking for a backpack- seems like at the time they might assume the clothes were in it.

And backpack might still be found
sometime. IMHO the pack is 25 feet off the trail or i25 somewhere in dense brush.

But it seems they went with the older affect description for their suspect
sketch - and hesitating to do that until July.

Maybe police were split in directions to
pursue.

1.Older drifter
2. Younger local

MOO MOO
of course.
I guess it's possible that BG had two sets of clothing on. That would cause him to look heavier and perhaps not be recognized. He would also be able to discard (or put them in a backpack) the outer layer of clothing after committing the crime and walk away looking quite different.

I noticed it too. I thought maybe the right leg is shorter than the left, or that there was a knee injury/surgery that required him to lift his thigh so high to step. Something is off with the right leg. Could it be a brace? Seems to use his hip to lift his leg.
My right leg is shorter than my left by appx. 2 inches due to a
crushed femur that didn't heal properly and the leg bone collapsed. when I saw the video, it reminded me of how I walk
but I also suspected the hip on perp could also be involved.
Maybe we have a wounded military veteran or young man injured
in motorcycle accident. I do believe he is disabled somewhat.

On the first and second sketches - one think I remember is that they took a lot of flak for the type of hat they put on the perp in the first sketch. So this new one has no hat. But in the video, he has a hat of some kind, although it doesn't resemble the one drawn in the first sketch. Curious, if he was wearing a hat, how the witness knew the hair details - or if this is just a "filler" by the sketch artist.

Hi all! A few thoughts and IMO . FAMILY means all of the family of the girls. Carter wasn’t singling. BG was about to turn, there is definitely more video. There were 2 witnesses and 2 sketches done. If you read the earlier posted article, the artist says there is a new sketch done from each witness.... There is a LOT of catholic/Christian innuendos and Carter was speaking to someone specifically. Thoughts?
Just a thought..".we know you have told someone"....could it be that he confessed to a priest in a confessional booth?

Sounds like it fits to events to me.

Libby videos an assailant in baggy clothes.
Looks 40.
A witness comes forward immediately after the murders because they saw someone they needed to report - a younger looking person- like 22.

At the time of the murders the police appealed to public for help looking for a backpack- seems like at the time they might assume the clothes were in it.

And backpack might still be found
sometime. IMHO the pack is 25 feet off the trail or i25 somewhere in dense brush.

But it seems they went with the older affect description for their suspect
sketch - and hesitating to do that until July.

Maybe police were split in directions to
pursue.

1.Older drifter
2. Younger local

MOO MOO
of course.
Then maybe they think the backpack is/was in the car?

Haven't been on here in a while - Mollie Tibbets and the Watts family sort of did me in for a while, along with a death in the family.

The following are MOO, IMHO....

1 - Guys means NOTHING. I live in the midwest and call my daughter and her friends guys ALL. THE. TIME. It is regional.

2 - I believe the officer calling the suspect a 'coward' was a taunt.

3 - The recording really sounds to me like it has a *slight* accent? Maybe Hispanic? I don't think the sketch discounts that.

4 - There HAS to be more audio if she was recording. They are withholding it for a reason.

5 - The family has been told more. Frequently, that is the case. Asking media to leave them alone helps ensure they don't accidentally leak anything.

6 - LE knows who it is, or has a really good idea. Just need a final piece to have an airtight case.

To your points:
1. "Guys" means "everyone" in the midwest -- boys, girls, dogs, etc. I say, "Come on you guys, get in the house" when trying to round up my dogs. I live in Indiana.
4. More audio could be the girl's voices. If so, I thank LE for the editing. :( I really don't want to hear their fear.
6. I feel LE know who he is and knows he lives or has family in the area (they expected he may have returned to celebrate Easter with family).

I wonder if the car they are seeking was borrowed. Since I feel they know who the BG is, the car isn't directly connected to him but may have been borrowed. I think they are hoping the person that owns the car will remember loaning it to BG and come forward.

I am also wondering if the younger sketch was discounted due to a false alibi and now LE realizes it.

I don't think it was someone the girls knew or respected or Libby wouldn't have felt the uneasiness to begin recording. They were creeped out by him.

I am confused though -- do they or don't they have DNA?

JMO and thoughts...

I am trying to wrap my mind around all this. IF...as it almost seems certain now....this is someone who the girls were familiar with....what do you think would have alarmed Libby to the point she needed to get it on a recording?? Thoughts??

I think she was recording her friend and happened to catch the guy approaching in the background. Then he may have attacked quickly and she didn't think to stop the recording. I don't think she necessarily started the recording thinking bad things are going to go down, better video it.

I would like the opinion of other healthcare workers. This guys gait seems impaired. Initially, when I saw the video, I thought this guy was a R BKA (below the knee amputee) . He purposely has to pick up his right leg and set it down. His left leg seems to rise and fall correctly.
His foot swings outward a little. The persistent crease at his R knee is where the top of the prosthesis would sit. The crease stays there when he is walking. I don't know. It is such a short video, sadly. I have replayed it and replayed. His gait is not of someone young.
If it is not a R BKA , then he has an injury. He walks like someone with an unstable core due to back or hip problems. I find it hard to believe he is young. But I read the new sketch is from an eyewitness.
I don't know. Any healthcare workers out there have an opinon.

I am in healthcare. My personal opinion is that if he has a RBKA he would not try to chase down two teen girls. Stumbling around in that terrain, he'd likely fall to the ground. Not optimal for chasing someone down. However, he MAY be limping with a twisted knee after creeping around, peeking through trees and stalking them. He may have cracked his shin on part of the bridge climbing up onto it or may have twisted his ankle slipping and sliding around. By this point he was likely p***** off and wasn't stopping now. My other thought would be...regarding the "not blue eyes" [whatever was explained regarding eye color] perhaps he was high on drugs and his pupils large [blown] making his eyes a scary darker-than-normal color. If there was an injury to the leg causing a perceptible limp, that may be what LE was referencing when they said to watch his mannerisms. As far as hands in his pockets, he may have had a pistol resting inside a jacket pocket or other sort of weapon which he didn't want falling out when he made his move. I have my CCW and when in the woods alone, I do carry. I had to trot away from an animal before and kept my hand in the pocket to keep the pistol in place. Just my thoughts an IMO only.

A couple of thoughts bouncing around in my head.....

1) The killer in The Shack was a serial killer. He left a ladybug drawn on each victim and added one more dot on the bug each time.
Has BG killed before?

2) When my adult sons shave their beards, I think they look so much younger.
Maybe he was clean shaven on 2/17 and has grown his beard since that time?

Interesting to choose “abandoned” versus parked...
Maybe where and how it was parked would change the definition. A parked vehicle would be in a parking lot, between lines. An abandoned one would be on the side of the road, maybe with a piece of white cloth to indicate car problems?

I think she was recording her friend and happened to catch the guy approaching in the background. Then he may have attacked quickly and she didn't think to stop the recording. I don't think she necessarily started the recording thinking bad things are going to go down, better video it.
I've wondered this, too. Do we know when the video was shot compared to the photo of Abby on the bridge?

I am not local, but it was said to be an unseasonably warm day and that was why the girls were there to start with.
IMO BG was wearing more than one layer of clothing.
I think he was wearing a brownish hoodie under a much larger and thicker coat filled w/down or some other material.
jmo and I'll check in later hoping for justice.
Chi
I agree. And possibly he did this so he could discard the clothes and walk out wearing what's underneath them.

Sorry if this has already been discussed: please share with me, your opinion as to why LE would be so emotional over old info? Even if it were ALL brand new info, they prepared this PC ahead of time ... I just cannot reconcile a probable reason for his intense emotions. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288