Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't feel like it was threatening either...And maybe he was offering to show them something, "down the hill"
The tone is different. Instead of sounding demanding, now he's a little more friendly. "guys, down the hill" sounds like he's luring the girls. Maybe he pretended to have a hurt dog and needed some help carrying it back up (if BG walks with a limp) and the girls agreed to go help him.

Sorry if this has already been discussed: please share with me, your opinion as to why LE would be so emotional over old info? Even if it were ALL brand new info, they prepared this PC ahead of time ... I just cannot reconcile a probable reason for his intense emotions. Thank you

It stays with you. Some cases have a very profound effect on people. Pictures of victims on desks years after the case has been adjudicated is commonplace.

Wow, it never even entered my mind that BG may be taunting Police, and this was their response. That's chilling af. It would also explain the utter anguish the Officer appeared to be in the whole time. I honestly hope that's not the case.
Now I have to watch it again with this in mind, it never entered my mind either.

Sorry if this has already been discussed: please share with me, your opinion as to why LE would be so emotional over old info? Even if it were ALL brand new info, they prepared this PC ahead of time ... I just cannot reconcile a probable reason for his intense emotions. Thank you
That worries me. Was it all for show? To prove that they're actually working on something? They JUST had a press conference 2 months ago and offered nothing. Maybe this PC was due to the criticism they received after the disappointing 2 year anniversary PC?

You'll need to remember that according to her family Libby would not have started that recording if there wasn't something that had her "hinky meter" running at a high rate of speed. The girls would NOT have gone willingly "down the hill." Which gives you cause to believe that the only reason that's the only part of the video you're seeing is because the next part introduces a weapon.

The tone is different. Instead of sounding demanding, now he's a little more friendly. "guys, down the hill" sounds like he's luring the girls. Maybe he pretended to have a hurt dog and needed some help carrying it back up (if BG walks with a limp) and the girls agreed to go help him.
I think the girls were too smart to fall for something like that. IMO, he wasn't luring.

The suspect, I assume. In the Press Conference, when he was talking directly to the killer, he said they know that he has changed in the two years since the murder. It may imply that he has changed physically as well as his general behavior. Jmo

Right, that's what I was thinking. They seem to know an awful lot IMO for not having arrested anyone yet...makes me wonder

I’m not a moderator, but I’m afraid you guys are going to get the thread shut down again, if you start wanting to bring a name or picture of a (almost certainly) innocent bystander here in the context of a possible suspect.

I remember when this case happened but I don't think that I followed it as closely as some of you I just know bits and pieces of it. Anyways I just watched the presser from the other day. Am I the only one that thinks the girls did NOT know BG? I feel like if it was someone they knew that Libby wouldn't have felt like she needed to take her cell phone out and start recording the person. Like I get this vibe she did it because he was a stranger. I know for me personally if someone I knew close was following me I wouldn't take my cell phone out to record them. Although on second thought it could be she knew who the person was but wasn't close to them so that's why she took it out. Cause I would if it was me if someone I knew that made me uncomfortable I may pull the phone out then. IDK what do u guys think?
*Snipped for Focus
I happen to agree with them not knowing BG. I truly believe that Libby knew something wasn't right with this guy, woman's intuition, perhaps...it was certainly divine intervention that she did record....MOO

You'll need to remember that according to her family Libby would not have started that recording if there wasn't something that had her "hinky meter" running at a high rate of speed. The girls would NOT have gone willingly "down the hill." Which gives you cause to believe that the only reason that's the only part of the video you're seeing is because the next part introduces a weapon.

I agree. I think that given the spacing between the photo of Abby (where absolutely no one is visible on the bridge or path behind them) and the video of the man where he came up behind them, it's safe to assume that BG moved quickly, and in fact probably surprised them by how quickly he had closed the distance between them.

I'm an adult and whenever a man walks up on me quicker than I expected, I still get nervous. I can't imagine being a child and having the same experience.

The idea that he would be disguised could make sense - cameras are everywhere these days - even in the woods you aren't necessarily protected. This does not seem like a random crime or crime of opportunity - to overpower 2 teen girls...it seems to me that would take some preparation/planning. Like he would've maybe scoped the area out to see if anyone else was around, to have some means to control 2 people, to get them to comply. It's very possible he disguised himself. And honestly, that new sketch looks like a younger man - and the clothes on BG are NOT the clothes a 20ish man would wear. Those are dad jeans and dad coat/hat.

I replied up-thread about a healthcare worker's opinion of BG's gait. As we know there are large open spaces between RR ties where he could slip through. Maybe he did slip through a large open spot and hurt his right lower leg? As I previously stated, I doubt he has a prosthesis on his right lower leg BUT maybe her hurt the leg in pursuit of the girls.

One thing that’s always struck me as odd was when the first sketch was released July, 2017 going by media reports it appeared a key witness had only came forward months later. I always wondered how accurate a distant memory of a stranger could be but LE seemed to have confidence the sketch resembled the person they were looking for.

So now we learn they had another witness who came forward right away but for reasons unknown at that time LE chose not to release a sketch of a person who looked very different and is much younger.

Interesting to contemplate a scenario involving two or more people who think they may have sighted the perp the day of the murders but who’s recollect is not at all in sync and how LE would go about choosing which witness might be more credible than the other.

I’d hazard to guess if any of us were walking on a trail, met up with a stranger without reason to suspect he was responsible for a horrible crime that had just taken place, then aside from the shock, being asked to remember an accurate description of the suspect right down to nose, ears, cheeks and eyes.....especially if the suspect did not arouse attention, I think our sketches definitely would vary greatly too. Memory can also be influenced by other people whom they saw later that same day also.

If I recall correctly, the photo of BG (extracted from Libby's phone video) was released to public around 2/15.

I did wonder how much the image of BG influenced the later witness account, and sketch #1 released in July. Other than the hat may not be accurate, I don't recall any other disclaimer about sketch #1.

Artist of sketch #2 describes his drawing very differently:

Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, a sketch artist with Indiana State Police who drew the new sketch, told IndyStar a sketch is based on how a particular witness describes the suspect. If there are several witnesses, Bryant would draw a sketch for each description.

"The witness is the main focus. So there’s no input from law enforcement at all in the generating of a sketch, other than my presence as the artist."

Bryant uses a "facial identification reference sheet" that has a list of different categories, from head shapes to different eyebrows and noses. The person will describe the suspect based on those categories. "(It's) easier to do that than to describe (the suspect) using just words," Bryant said.

The sketches are not exact, Bryant said. The renderings are a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."

The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant.
Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

With Police Supt Carter's announcement that sketch #2 is now primary in the investigation, makes me wonder why this earlier drawing was not promoted over that of the later witness. Did LE not believe first witness, or was their account withheld because it had seemingly no resemblance to BG? o_O More questions than answers.....

Good point about the hair. when I see the new sketch hair, I see
thick and curly like someone half Hispanic or half African American. Not sure that's what the artist wanted to portray but
the hair doesn't seem like regular straight hair. moo.
One of my brother in laws has hair like the sketch when it's short. He has incredibly thick, very wavy hair. He is also 100% white.

Thank u for this link! I’d read they’d mentioned the presence of a creepy guy, but I wasn’t sure if that was just a SM rumor or what. Thank you for posting MSM confirmation of it, now I can mention - that IMO seems to rule out BG being someone known to the girls.

I agree, unless he was in disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member