IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
These people in foreclosure was supposed to be out two weeks ago financially in debt and not paying property taxes isn’t going away. New baby coming with three mouths to feed. They had to get rid of one kid to make room for new baby. AJ the oldest eats the most first to go.

Potentially the wildest thing I've ever read on WS

In answer to the dispatcher's question about what time AJ had to be at school, the father responded: Well, he didn't (or doesn't -- it isn't clear to me what he said) go to school . . ..

It makes me even sadder to think AJ wasn’t going to school, which would have been a welcome reprieve from his home life. This poor child...

ETA- If indeed this was the case.

MOO

"Investigators in Crystal Lake, Illinois say they’re focusing their search on the family’s home. Police say K-9 teams have found no evidence of A.J. leaving the home, and that dogs picked up his scent in the trunk of his parents’ car."
Police focus turns to family of missing 5-year-old boy - WDEF

If I take my kid to the beach, and he gets a bunch of sand in his shoes, and I throw the shoes (or any other piece of clothing) in the trunk - is my kid's scent now in the trunk??

If I take my kid to the beach, and he gets a bunch of sand in his shoes, and I throw the shoes (or any other piece of clothing) in the trunk - is my kid's scent now in the trunk??
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing about the dog and/or response. Was just offering a link in response to your post.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing about the dog and/or response. Was just offering a link in response to your post.

I'm sorry, I didn't assume that you were agreeing or disagreeing so I apologize if it came off that way. I just was asking as I lack knowledge in SAR dogs. I imagine if it was a cadaver dog it wouldn't hit on discarded clothing, but if it was just a search dog searching for his scent, then they would hit on discarded clothing.

I'm not sure if this article answers your specific question but it was very educational for me....

Using Air Scent Dogs

On the call, it seems odd that the father never answers the dispatcher question about whether AJ was in school or not. Perhaps AJ been missing long before that call. And the father does not know any thing or does not want to discuss AJ school schedule. So odd.

I'm sorry, I didn't assume that you were agreeing or disagreeing so I apologize if it came off that way. I just was asking as I lack knowledge in SAR dogs. I imagine if it was a cadaver dog it wouldn't hit on discarded clothing, but if it was just a search dog searching for his scent, then they would hit on discarded clothing.
It's a legitimate question that i have wondered, too. I used to think the dogs were 100% accurate, but ever since I saw the Madelynn McCann documentary on Netflix, I do wonder if they can have false hits on clothing a child just wore or a car they had been in earlier in the day. I don't know what the answer is either.

I think the live feed went down around the same time that Univision got called out for publishing a fake story that a body had been found.

No problem :). I believe you are correct about the cadaver dog as it is trained differently.

This might help. "Search and Rescue Dog is trained to find living humans, and not detect decomposing flesh. Cadaver Dogs are trained to locate and follow the scent of decomposing human flesh."
What You Need to Know About Cadaver Dogs

Most people are respectful posting here. You can flag disrespectful posts, but it is not okay to belittle people, for their opinions, as those posts, also get removed. The mods do shut down some threads for cleanup and might do that here if there are too many off topic or disrespectful posts.
Bolding mine
^^^ No, it is not.
Agreed.
There was no cause for such rudeness when the poster was simply stating a valid reason for AJ's parents wanting him gone.

My opinion based on the msm reports of the mother's continued drug abuse-- was that AJ could've become too much for her.
Children who are born already addicted suffer terribly , and often have frontal lobe or other damage that often result in behavioral issues.

LE declared the house a crime scene ; and they would not do this without sufficient evidence.
There's no sugar coating this.
LE believe there was foul play.

Doubtful there was a food issue as most addicts will be on SSI and food stamps. So there should've been enough to eat--- unless there was deliberate withholding of food.
Some posters mentioned that AJ looked thin and gaunt in the only two photos shown to the media ; and I would have to concur.

What do you mean it wasn’t with hate I’m thinking if they abused and neglected the boy and what they were thinking. You misread my post.

You don’t know what your talking about. I’m disgusted with these people. AJ lived his first two years in DCFS. Did you see the the tatooed face and neck of guy that attacked EMT photo living in their house but now incarcerated? Neighbors said Le was constantly seen at their house and now their boy is missing. They have no business having any children.

Oh and some of the neighbors reported the parents were seen fighting all the way to the curb. Mom a drug addict. Poor excuse of parents. IMHO
Emph. mine

Ita.

Whiteorchids ; that's a BIG "IF".

Why was AJ returned after the second time of having to be removed ?
Something was terribly wrong.
Obviously the mother was not taking steps towards drug-free living if she kept re-offending. The facts show that this was a tumultuous household.

The questions about AJ's being school age... reminds me of Gabriel Fernandez, and how his teacher would say he'd cry when it was time to go home. :(
School might have been a brief break from AJ's abuse. We will never know.

It looks like someone wants him deceased long enough for cod to be undetermined. Then they'll pick up where they left off.

Last edited:
"We have a missing child" in an interesting phrasing choice, IMO. All I know is if even my cat vanished, I would be saying "MY cat, [insert cat's name], is missing." I know everyone speaks/behaves differently, but I find that tidbit interesting, nonetheless.

Sidenote, just in case: No, I would not actually call 911 if my cat went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member