Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly believe and IMO Carter was telling the perp we have been looking outward but finally we are looking under our noses and we know who you are. It is time to turn yourself in. He basically said everything is just getting started now which means all of these tips are going to provide the missing pieces and it will not be long.

"I think Carter made it clear that they are looking for one person."

Then how can they explain composites of two totally different people? I think abandoning the search site, while they were being abused & murdered, was the first of many mistakes.

For those of y'all (I mean, you guys) who are diagnosing BG by watching him take one step, I highly recommend you look up videos of what it's like to walk on that bridge. Anyone would look funny doing so. It's terrifying.

And for the "guys" debate, it's a non-starter. Check this link - Dialect Survey Results

Looking at the bridge pics, I am surprise people are allowed to walk on it. eek. It looks very dangerous.

I strongly believe and IMO Carter was telling the perp we have been looking outward but finally we are looking under our noses and we know who you are. It is time to turn yourself in. He basically said everything is just getting started now which means all of these tips are going to provide the missing pieces and it will not be long.
I think this is exactly what "new direction" means.

Then how can they explain composites of two totally different people? I think abandoning the search site, while they were being abused & murdered, was the first of many mistakes.

We don't know that these people are totally different. The sketches are not that similar, but eyewitness testimony is, I'm sorry to say, very often incorrect or remembering wrongly. The human mind is just not that observant unless it's been specifically trained to do so.

Also, I don't think it's fair to call the search site abandoned. Everyone involved was out well past dark, and in wooded areas far from light and near a river, I am quite certain the decision to call off the search for the night was made for safety reasons.

Would the family leaving the press conference upset and in tears have caused the LE Officer to be shaken and emotional?

I think it depends on when they left the conference. If at the end, then it doesn't make sense that he was so emotional during. But if they left upon seeing the sketch, that could definitely mean something IMO

let's go back to the sketch article for a min and chew on this part:

The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant.

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

Does that seem like it means it was not necessarily someone seen at the bridge or that area? But someone saw the sketch person doing something odd somewhere else or seemed out of place or something?

Maybe this is why they didn't take the sketch very seriously at first. I dunno, just thinking out loud but it seems an unusual statement imo

I also wonder if LE is kinda upset that the sketch artist spilled the beans about the sketch being old lol

Very interesting angle, but I believe that Sgt. Carter’s emotions more allude to this crime having been a betrayal of trust. And few of us trust the media to begin with — and I’m not making light of this horror.

I still hold that this is a person in a position of some authority, and that authority can represent many walks of life.

Yes, all good points and I tend to agree.

If LE this sketch has been in existence for two years I’d be really surprised if they didn’t show it to the families long ago. Investigations always begin by seeking information from those closest to the victims.

MOO: They were shown the sketch and did not recognize it two years ago. My hunch is that this sketch is "off" just enough to make it tricky to identify rather than a slam dunk. For example, the hair or hair line could be off, etc. In addition, IF the suspect is a respected member of the religious community, a seemingly good person, cognitive dissonance might prevent one's mind from recognizing it. Something, a tip...a mistake on the part of the suspect...or some member of LE recognizing the sketch finally, has changed this investigation enormously.
I still believe I see a slight dropped foot and altered gate, which has been discussed as possibly coming from high doses of psychotropic medicine, or a neurologically (physical) related illness, or both. I think at the PC we are seeing the leaking of emotion and outrage that just could not be fully contained. Prepare to be blown away by shock.

And WHO exactly called off the search that night? I know it was dark but that always struck me as odd. Two kids missing - let's wait til morning?

I don’t know if this has been brought up yet but IMO, it is strange that this new sketch looks like such a young man. Maybe he is older than he looks but people do not usually jump from committing no crime to committing a “brutal” double homicide. Where has this guy come from?

"Also, I don't think it's fair to call the search site abandoned. Everyone involved was out well past dark, and in wooded areas far from light and near a river, I am quite certain the decision to call off the search for the night was made for safety reasons."

Get some flashlights. I would have. I can't imagine their thinking. Which was, as published, they believed the girls were missing by choice. And they stopped searching because it was......dark. Yes, it's dark at night. But that's what flashlights are for. If it were my child, I would have sued for abandoning the search. They would have settled too.

Good point on the getting them off the bridge "for their own safety" as a ploy.
I always thought that "tactical"style jacket could have come from an officer or security guard and appeared to me as an "authoritative" style which made me wonder also if they were told they had to exit the bridge and listened to authority.

I honestly never saw him wearing anything but a hat until I drew out the picture myself. Looks like a young adult with brown straight hair with bangs. Here is my image, may help some people. I just circled his head, he is looking down.
I also see an adult with brown straight hair and bangs...but...how does that explain the tight curly ringlets in the new sketch?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend