IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the call, it seems odd that the father never answers the dispatcher question about whether AJ was in school or not. Perhaps AJ been missing long before that call. And the father does not know any thing or does not want to discuss AJ school schedule. So odd.
He did answer the question. He said that AJ doesn't go to school. He would be starting school this fall.

In answer to the dispatcher's question about what time AJ had to be at school, the father responded: Well, he didn't (or doesn't -- it isn't clear to me what he said) go to school . . ..

AJ had not yet started school. Per the mother or someone saying he would be starting school soon. I don’t remember where I saw the source.

In photos, it doesn’t look like he was out in the sun much. I realize it’s
Illinois, but he looks soooooo pale. JMO.

Wow! After reading this, it is even more baffling how Andrew was returned to the home. Her history, with her oldest son, should have been taken into consideration when the decision was made to return Andrew.

There is just no way that all of the listed issues that the parents had were resolved in 18 months. jmo
Heads should roll for this. I hope there is an investigation into corruption that allowed this. No way there isn't corruption,or negligence.
Grrrrrrrrrr

AJ had not yet started school. Per the mother or someone saying he would be starting school soon. I don’t remember where I saw the source.

In photos, it doesn’t look like he was out in the sun much. I realize it’s
Illinois, but he looks soooooo pale. JMO.
I live in Chicago - we were still having periodic snow up until 10 days ago, and sunny days have been few. Our neighbor's 4 little boys (3 doors down) LOVE playing outside and I've hardly seen them. It's been pretty windy and cold so far this Spring.

The Father being an attorney possibly could have carried some weight in influencing the judge. Many attorneys in cahoots with judges even golf together.

The father, being an attorney, might have carried some weight with DCFS attorneys. They would not want to file for termination of parental rights unless they were certain they could win the case. Even if they had won, the dad would almost certainly have filed an appeal. The case would have to be strong enough to hold up during the appeals process.

It is unlikely that the dad knew the judge. If the judge knew him, then he should have recused himself from the case. JMO

Last edited:
The father, being an attorney, might have carried some weight with DCFS attorneys. They would not want to file for termination unless they were certain they could win the case. Even if they had won, the dad would almost certainly have filed an appeal.

It is unlikely that the dad knew the judge. If the judge knew him, then he should have recused himself from the case.
This is why the Dad was disbarred and went to jail he had a relationship with his client JC he was representing her in her divorce. This tells me Dad doesn’t mind breaking rules and the law.

I really think addicted parents and abuse go hand in hand. How can someone high on cocaine or heroine not be abusive or neglectful? They may not be criminal but when high on drugs or looking for drugs, the person becomes unstable and abusive - if only emotional. I recognise some of the things the older son went through and as I said, my situation was A LOT better than these kids. However, the fear of your mom not coming home, being scared, the suicide threats... all too common. Honestly, drug addiction and caring for a kid is just not compatible. Drug addiction usually involves criminal behaviour or at least contact with drug dealers and criminals. Any kid who grew up with one parent who was addicted to drugs suffered some kind of abuse. It’s just impossible not to. People don’t take drugs and get all happy and content and loving. They get depressed, angry, withdrawn and neglectful. Unless there are other responsible adults in the house trying to get the addict help, kids should never be under the care of an addict. Never. Ever.

Sorry, the biggest criminals here are the ones at DCPS. If this isn’t a classic case, what the heck are they defending? They failed Andrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member