IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
TY! The media must be saying it both ways. The ARDC shows he suspended but was given probation and could practice on 1/11/16. Confusing!
https://www.iardc.org/ldetail.asp?id=294846560

It was a 2 year suspension, AND AFTER 90 days he can practice with supervision. So basically, he could not practice for 3 months. Usually, there is A PLAN, like class's on ethics, etc., possible reviews every 90 days, etc during the supervision period.

Missing Crystal Lake Boy: 911 Call From Family Released

Here is what was said in the 911 call:

Father: We have a missing child. Woke up this morning and he wasn't, he wasn't-

Dispatcher: How old is the child?

Father: We have a missing child

Dispatcher: Yeah how old is he?

Father: He's 5

Dispatcher: What was he last seen wearing?

Father: A Mario, like blue long-sleeve sweatshirt and black sweatpants

Dispatcher: Is he a male white?

Father: Yes

Dispatcher: When was the last time you seen him?

Father: Uh last night, probably 9:30 when he went to bed.

Dispatcher: Are you the father?

Dispatcher: Do you know where he might have went?

Father: No. We've canvassed the neighborhood, went to the local park, umm... the local gas station down here where we sometimes take him to buy treats. I spoke with the assistant principal over there at the school where the park is and they haven't seen him or any other child. I have no idea where he would be.

Dispatcher: So you put him to bed last night so he was in his pajamas and then when you went to get him for school he wasn't there and you looked around a bit?

Dispatcher: What time was he supposed to be at school?

Father: ... I had a doctor's appointment this morning, when I got back from the doctor's appointment and I checked in on him to say good morning and he wasn't there so that would have been -

Dispatcher: What time was that?

Father: About between 8:15, 8:30

Dispatcher: Have you checked everywhere, like under tables?

Father: Closets, the basement, the garage, everywhere.

Dispatcher: What's the child's name?

Father: Andrew, last name Freund, we call him AJ

Dispatcher: Is his mom at the residence as well?

Dispatcher: Do you have any pets at the house?

Dispatcher: Are they missing as well or no?

Father: No

Dispatcher: Was any of the doors open?

Father: No, no outside doors or anything like that

Dispatcher: No doors or windows?

Dispatcher: An officer's pulling up to you now

Father: Yeah I see him

Dispatcher: You checked the house right?

Father: Yeah, yeah we've been through the house completely.
DOes anyone know when the very unemotional 911 call Comes in ? He says he had a doctors appointment, He says when he gets home around 8:15 8:30 no AJ. He then canvassed the neighborhood, went to the park, talked to the assistant principal, and went to the gas station, checked the basement, garage, and the closets in some unspecified order -if walked briskly I wonder how long that would actually take to do. Has anyone confirmed he spoke to the assistant principal that morning - gas station attendants? He is making himself seen and has lost his phone

Missing Crystal Lake Boy: 911 Call From Family Released

Here is what was said in the 911 call:

Father: We have a missing child. Woke up this morning and he wasn't, he wasn't-

Dispatcher: How old is the child?

Father: We have a missing child

Dispatcher: Yeah how old is he?

Father: He's 5

Dispatcher: What was he last seen wearing?

Father: A Mario, like blue long-sleeve sweatshirt and black sweatpants

Dispatcher: Is he a male white?

Dispatcher: When was the last time you seen him?

Father: Uh last night, probably 9:30 when he went to bed.

Dispatcher: Are you the father?

Dispatcher: Do you know where he might have went?

Father: No. We've canvassed the neighborhood, went to the local park, umm... the local gas station down here where we sometimes take him to buy treats. I spoke with the assistant principal over there at the school where the park is and they haven't seen him or any other child. I have no idea where he would be.

Dispatcher: So you put him to bed last night so he was in his pajamas and then when you went to get him for school he wasn't there and you looked around a bit?

Dispatcher: What time was he supposed to be at school?

Father: ... I had a doctor's appointment this morning, when I got back from the doctor's appointment and I checked in on him to say good morning and he wasn't there so that would have been -

Dispatcher: What time was that?

Father: About between 8:15, 8:30

Dispatcher: Have you checked everywhere, like under tables?

Father: Closets, the basement, the garage, everywhere.

Dispatcher: What's the child's name?

Father: Andrew, last name Freund, we call him AJ

Dispatcher: Is his mom at the residence as well?

Dispatcher: Do you have any pets at the house?

Dispatcher: Are they missing as well or no?

Dispatcher: Was any of the doors open?

Father: No, no outside doors or anything like that

Dispatcher: No doors or windows?

Dispatcher: An officer's pulling up to you now

Father: Yeah I see him

Dispatcher: You checked the house right?

Father: Yeah, yeah we've been through the house completely.
If someone’s child goes missing wouldn’t they be glued to their phone significant other please call as soon as you find him !

T

They would be fools to award the mother her son back with her abusive past and son presently missing.

Yes, liability!!!! The state would be responsible for any injury or abuse until a full investigation, a plan with goals, drug testing, clean up of house and a safe environment could be ensured.

Most states require a judges order to remove children and to return them to the home, with follow up court appearances by the parent and DCPS. Each court appearance DCPS reports the status of the restoration plan. Parents have an opportunity to make comments or objections to DCPS and the judge does ask lots of questions to ensure safety.

Police records show that Andrew’s mother, Joanne Cunningham, was arrested the same day her son was reported missing on a McHenry County warrant charging her with failing to appear in court on a driving with a suspended license charge.

The arrest stemmed from a December incident when she drove to a Taco Bell to see if someone could call police for her in order to file a burglary report. Cunningham told officers that responded that she believed someone had stolen her phone and medications.

When Cunningham returned to her home with the officers, they asked to look inside and found the dwelling to be “cluttered, dirty and in disrepair,” according to a police report. The officers were concerned about living conditions at the home, noting dog feces and urine throughout the house and broken windows.

The records also noted that portions of the kitchen floor were “jagged and broken off,” the kitchen ceiling appeared to have water damage and several windows were left open.

Upstairs in the room where the boys slept the window was open and the smell of feces was overwhelming,” an officer wrote.

Missing boy, 5, lived in Crystal Lake home full of feces, records show

The officers also noticed a “large bruise” on the right hip of one of the boys and reported the injury to the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, which had been in contact with the family multiple times since 2013 when Andrew was born with opiates in his system. The boy told officers the bruise was from the family dog jumping on him. An investigator was ultimately unable to determine the cause of the bruise.

Police investigated the mom’s theft claims but records show they were unable to verify them. They later arrested her on driving with a suspended license. She was released and allowed to return home with her children.

Three months earlier, records show, police had been called to the home to do a wellbeing check after someone reported that family had been living without power for weeks. An officer was denied entry by Cunningham, but saw both children, who “appeared happy and healthy,” according to a police report.

Cunningham was unable to tell the officer how long the power had been out, but said she had been staying elsewhere at times, including at a hotel in Woodstock. The report noted peeling paint on the home and that the “windows also seemed to be falling apart.”

The officers reported their findings to DCFS, but were told by the agency that a caseworker would not come out to check for utility issues, according to police records.

Three months earlier, records show, police had been called to the home to do a wellbeing check after someone reported that family had been living without power for weeks. An officer was denied entry by Cunningham, but saw both children, who “appeared happy and healthy,” according to a police report.

Cunningham was unable to tell the officer how long the power had been out, but said she had been staying elsewhere at times, including at a hotel in Woodstock. The report noted peeling paint on the home and that the “windows also seemed to be falling apart.”
There are programs through LIHEAP and even through Comed or Nicor to keep your heat on through the winter here. There are also churches that offer charity, the townships have hardship grants, and the Illinois Food Bank operates food pantries. They literally have no excuse to make those kids suffer. None.

Trying to re-post correctly with regard to this link of information....Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald

I found that the information contained in these documents is so very troubling and profoundly sad to read. I have no sympathy for the mother or father at this point as they have failed as parents and protectors and definitely show a pattern of abuse and meanness and selfishness. I do not believe fora minute that the parents really care that the child is gone, as I do not think either one of them have it within them to give a damn, such as an ability to love nor an ability to care.....for whatever "mitigating" reason.

I hope to God that the youngest child is not returned home and I pray to God that once this "woman" delivers her current pregnancy that the innocent child is taken from her and never returned. I understand drug addiction and mental health issues and coping issues as part of the contributing scenario as to why a little 5 year old is missing, but that does not mean the parents get a "pass". IMO, the innocent come first and given this case where the parents clearly cannot cope with life nor parenting the innocent should be protected...take their children away....( and bring AJ home and put him to rest.)

The more I read, or watch, about this case I am reminded of the vulnerability and innocence of little children. I do not think our society is, nor has been, great at protecting innocent vulnerable children. That is a shame and we can do better.

These so called parents are utter wastes of space. The arrests can’t come soon enough. Get them in jail and let the other kids grow up with a stable family environment away from these sorry excuses for humans. Why were they not put in jail for child neglect and endangerment in 2013!

Trying to re-post correctly with regard to this link of information....Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald

I found that the information contained in these documents is so very troubling and profoundly sad to read. I have no sympathy for the mother or father at this point as they have failed as parents and protectors and definitely show a pattern of abuse and meanness and selfishness. I do not believe fora minute that the parents really care that the child is gone, as I do not think either one of them have it within them to give a damn, such as an ability to love nor an ability to care.....for whatever "mitigating" reason.

I hope to God that the youngest child is not returned home and I pray to God that once this "woman" delivers her current pregnancy that the innocent child is taken from her and never returned. I understand drug addiction and mental health issues and coping issues as part of the contributing scenario as to why a little 5 year old is missing, but that does not mean the parents get a "pass". IMO, the innocent come first and given this case where the parents clearly cannot cope with life nor parenting the innocent should be protected...take their children away....( and bring AJ home and put him to rest.)

The more I read, or watch, about this case I am reminded of the vulnerability and innocence of little children. I do not think our society is, nor has been, great at protecting innocent vulnerable children. That is a shame and we can do better.

Bolded by me

We can do better and have to do better!!! Having children is a huge responsibility! How can adults not put their own wants to the side and be a suitable guide to the child they created ???? It baffles me beyond belief. Power, heat, clean home, clean clothes! Those things should always, always come first for your children!

Then you add a drug addict mother or father to the mix of the already too lazy parent and here we are ! I can bet my bottom dollar I know how this will end and I’m sickened to even go there... STOP REPRODUCING CHILDREN TO HARM THEM, TERRORIZE THEM, and KILL THEM!!

When is this going to stop...

These so called parents are utter wastes of space. The arrests can’t come soon enough. Get them in jail and let the other kids grow up with a stable family environment away from these sorry excuses for humans. Why were they not put in jail for child neglect and endangerment in 2013!

Agreed! There has to be harsher punishments for these parents!!! Children are innocent! I’m sorry- there is a huge problem when someone with multiple DUI’s gets longer time than a child abuser... our country is not okay!

❤️You were much more involved than I was!! So many of us sleuthers really appreciated your time and effort. Bless your heart. And here you are...
Thank you my friend! I came back for Lucas on April 9th....a little late but had a hard time doing it. 8 days later, here we are again. You all are wonderful, caring people....hold that mirror up! :D

DOes anyone know when the very unemotional 911 call Comes in ? He says he had a doctors appointment, He says when he gets home around 8:15 8:30 no AJ. He then canvassed the neighborhood, went to the park, talked to the assistant principal, and went to the gas station, checked the basement, garage, and the closets in some unspecified order -if walked briskly I wonder how long that would actually take to do. Has anyone confirmed he spoke to the assistant principal that morning - gas station attendants? He is making himself seen and has lost his phone

The gas station attendant.

“The FBI, they asked me all the questions, I am sure I didn’t see him in here.” Questioned about the father of missing #AndrewFreund.

Suzanne Le Mignot on Twitter

Attachments

• FA4A07F4-B7AA-4C53-B6C5-8A9BB3AF6686.jpeg
    FA4A07F4-B7AA-4C53-B6C5-8A9BB3AF6686.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 24
I believe it was at 9:04 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member