Recovered/Located WA - Kimberly McHone, 54, Port Townsend, 17 April 2019

doodles1211

Reaction score
The family of Kimberly McHone of Port Townsend, 54, is looking for information on her whereabouts.

Family members said she has not been seen since Wednesday in the Uptown area of the city.

They are urging anyone with any information to contact the Port Townsend Police Department by calling 360-385-2322.

She is 5 feet, 10 inches tall and lives in the North Beach area.

Keppie Keplinger, spokesperson for the Port Townsend Police Department, said there is no additional information at this time and that McHone’s disappearance is “still under investigation.”

John Greenland, who said he is acting as the family’s spokesperson, said she was last seen at about 11 a.m. Wednesday when she went on a walk toward Fort Worden.

About 90 minutes later, her mother received an odd text message requesting money be sent to a credit card number and later received a text message about meeting somebody, Greenland said.

“It’s really suspect,” he said.

Greenland said police believe McHone’s phone is in Indio, Calif., because it is pinging the towers in that area, though he is unsure how she would have gotten there with limited funds.

He said the phone began pinging in California about 30 hours after she was last seen.

“We’re not sure how she could have have gotten down there,” he said.

“She has never made any mention of wanting to take off.

“This is not characteristic of how she acts.”

https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/...ation-after-port-townsend-woman-goes-missing/

20190420-221439-A%200424%20MissingPerson%202.jpg

https://cdn2.creativecirclemedia.com/ptleader/original/20190420-221439-A 0424 MissingPerson 2.jpg

4/17 11:00 a.m. - Last seen going on a walk
4/17 12:30 p.m. - Mother receives text message requesting money be sent to a credit card.
4/17 "later" - Mother received a text message about meeting somebody.
4/18 5:00 p.m. (30 hours after last seen) - Kimberly's phone began pinging in Indio, CA.

I sure hope she is in Indio and it's not just her phone that is there.

Port Townsend, WA to Indio, CA is about a 21-hour drive. Google Maps

If she drove or rode with someone, I'm guessing she/they spent the night of the 17th somewhere along the way. 21 hour drive + 9 hours overnight stay = 30 hours. (When the phone begins pinging in Indio.)

It doesn't look like she could have made it by bus in 30 hours. Google Maps

Last edited:
Very concerning. Funds are being raised for a private investigator (no link to it per TOS).
Family spokesman said Kimberly has an aunt near Indio where phone is pinging.

I am assuming the family has contacted Kimberly's aunt to see if Kimberly has contacted her since this is the area that Kimberly's phone last pinged from. Maybe the aunt made travel arrangements and funds for Kimberly to travel to Indio. I hope this is a case of miss-communication among family members otherwise Kimberly could have been lured by false pretenses to travel to Indio or maybe she didn't make it that far.

Yikes. I know that area well. I have taken yearly trips to Port Townsend/ Fort Worden for over 30 years and I have never felt scared anywhere around that area, although I probably would not wander Fort Worden alone at night. (Mainly because I’m a cautious city girl, vs knowing anything from abiut FW.) I hate to even imagine what happened here, or who could be at fault.

Indio is in the Coachella Valley. I tried to find MSM or LE confirmation of events in Kimberly's life in 2018, but couldn't find anything but the that one FB reference.

Map of location of Indio:

Google Maps

APR 24, 2019
Port Townsend woman reported missing
[...]

JG, a friend of McHone’s mother who is acting as the family’s spokesman, told the press the mother received a set of text messages after she last saw her daughter, the first requesting she send money to a credit card number, and a subsequent message apparently about a meeting.

“The text messages were really odd,” JG said. “We’ve been talking with the police throughout, and they said they didn’t think those messages came from Kimberly. They didn’t have her voice or style of writing. Kim has worked in newspapers and advertising, so she knows how to write. These messages were misspelled, with no spaces or punctuation.”

JG credited police with tracking McHone’s cell phone to Indio, California, where it began pinging cell phone towers roughly 30 hours after McHone was last seen.

“I don’t know how she might have gotten there, with the money that she has,” JG said. “But she did live in that area for a short amount of time, and she has family in that area.”

While JG found some reassurance in the pinging of McHone’s cell phone, he noted she still hasn’t answered her phone, nor has she been found yet.

[...]

While JG was effusive in his praise for the Port Townsend Police Department, particularly Sgt. Jason Greenspane, he’d nonetheless started a page, “Find My Daughter,” to raise $35,000 to hire a private investigator.

“If we have money left over, we’ll put that toward a reward,” JG said. “If she’s found in the meantime, we’ll give everyone’s money back. We just want to find her, and we know speed is important.”

(Name changed to initials by me)

!Hopeful for Kimberly!
Anyone catch alink for family spokesman report of sighting in Indio and medical issue?
IMO - JMO - all dat

Kim is still missing. Police said her phone was active down in Indio CA 30 hours after she went missing. However no one has seen or heard from her down there. Her mom's contacted her aunt, brother, shelters, police, etc. Nothing. Please keep sharing... Thanks! Missing Kimberly McHone
Welcome to Websleuths, John Greenland. :) We are all hoping that Kimberly is located safe and reunited with her family ASAP. Thank you for joining us. MOO

Kim is still missing. Police said her phone was active down in Indio CA 30 hours after she went missing. However no one has seen or heard from her down there. Her mom's contacted her aunt, brother, shelters, police, etc. Nothing. Please keep sharing... Thanks! Missing Kimberly McHone
John, I'm so glad you joined! There is tremendous concern for Kimberly's safety here. Some questions in mind:
Are those who know her well inclined to believe the sold painting & hot guy messages are valid?
Would she say & do things like that? Mom says no in article.
If so, where does she advertise items for sale? Is she the artist? Where did she leave from on her walk (twd fort warden) - home or a business or ? And was it normal for her to take walks in general, alone, in that direction?
Re sighting at rescue mission in Indio - had she been there before the sighting? (edit)
TYSM!

Found safe! :)

MAY 15, 2019
Missing woman located
Port Townsend resident Kimberly McHone, 54, who was reported as a missing person in mid-April, has been located in California, according to the Port Townsend Police Department, which says the circumstances of the report and “all-clear” are as-yet-unexplained.

[...]

Sgt. Garin Williams, the Port Townsend Police officer who was in charge of the investigation, also confirmed that McHone’s name had been removed from the Washington State Patrol’s Missing Persons List.

[...]

What great news!!! Hope she had a fun adventure but communicates better with her family in the future ;):D:p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back