IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m new here. Is this site intended to bring in new info and fresh observations, speculate as to what happened, or something else?

There’s a lot of bashing the parents, DCFS, the house, addicts, and lots of feeling sorry and sad for the kids. All of this is justified- we are humans and have emotions to something so tragic. It’s cathartic to vent and share. And it’s also a large percentage of the posts.

Thanks- not complaining- just want to behave in the spirit of the boards
Welcome! Read this and speculate away......I wouldn't call it bashing after reading this. As Tippy Lynn says, we recognize patterns that have specific results. This is possibly one of those times.
IMO, this board is open to opinions but you might want to do your homework. :)

Hope the link works for you. I've run out of free views st Northwest Herald.

Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald

Perhaps a little wishful thinking on my part, but after I read about the horrible conditions the oldest son lived in, I'm wondering if someone spirited him off somewhere, maybe even the older brother? Well, unfortunately, that wouldn't make sense, as they would have taken the younger boy as well. Or maybe he was used in a transaction (I hate to say it) when they couldn't afford the drugs? Just trying anything to come up with some way AJ might still be alive. I know the odds are slim.

Typically, when I read these cases on here, they are far away. But this case, because I am local, makes me want to walk up to these people's door and demand to know where he is.
Duchess- might you have info in the trash pickup schedule in the area?

Talk about conflict of interest.
Mother refusing to cooperate with police.
Well that tells me she doesn't want,or warrant getting her younger son back.
Neither one of them should get him,nor should they have gotten Andrew back in the first place.
Dear God please let this child get a lawyer that has the power to keep him far away from both parents. #Children's Rights Matter.
MOO

With AJ missing, I see no way under the heavens a judge would even, for one minute think of returning him to the parents.

I've never seen so much, detailed information about the CPS and LE reporting and the outcomes. Being the policy nerd, I read the FOIA for abuse and yes, IL, Director of Human Services can make the decision to release. This case is definitely being managed at a state level.

The younger brother was removed under a protective order, issued by a judge.
This means the police will protect this child and they will not be able to see him, except supervised.

Sleep well, little A, you are safe.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Simply Southern, post: 15006402, member: 233514"

This means the police will protect this child and they will not be able to see him, except supervised.[/QUOTE]

YAY!!!!

Welcome! Read this and speculate away......I wouldn't call it bashing after reading this. As Tippy Lynn says, we recognize patterns that have specific results. This is possibly one of those times.
IMO, this board is open to opinions but you might want to do your homework. :)

Hope the link works for you. I've run out of free views st Northwest Herald.

Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald
I ran out of free views there too. I found that if you clear the History/Cache on your computer or device, it will allow you to read articles again. :)

OMG, this is deplorable. And she’s pregnant? Poor children, this is so wrong. I hope the oldest child was able to remain with grandma and is ok now.

Ita ! :(

Here we go: Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald EDITED to add; I believe the child in question in these documents is an older brother who is possibly late teens, early 20's.

Bumping. People should read this before jumping to the defense of the parents.
Chilling stuff of nightmares.

They left the older brother with a high fever and vomiting and went out to party.
They never sought medical help for him.
He might be 'missing' as well if he'd stayed there and had he not been rescued.
I am done with this vile pair.

So sad if that helpless younger brother is forced back into that house of horrors.
Not to mention the poor unborn baby.

With AJ missing, I see no way under the heavens a judge word even, for one minute think of returning him to the parents.

I've never seen so much, detailed information about the CPS and LE reporting and the outcomes. Being the policy nerd, I read the FOIA for abuse and yes, IL, Director of Human Services can make the decision to release. This case is definitely being managed at a state level.

This means the police will protect this child and they will not be able to see him, except supervised.

Sadly I have seen brothers returned twice. They are now in Foster care for the 3rd time. One brother went through brain cancer while mommy and daddy where in prison. They just don’t get it. They get each other and meth. Ohhhh! Big news they are trying for a girl!

Here we go: Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald EDITED to add; I believe the child in question in these documents is an older brother who is possibly late teens, early 20's.

Just read, this appears to be an excerpt from a custody petition. Maybe the grandparents filed for parental custody. It seems well documented. That's the key to these things ...its all in the detail and be very specific.

Looks like they won!!!!

I have never figured out why bad Mothers continue to have more children. Do they like being pregnant? Do they like the attention of having a new baby? Are they just lazy and don't take birth control?

Reminds me of Diane Downs, who shot her children, and was pregnant AGAIN during her trial!

@Snoopgal Yes!!! The mom not remember what happened the night before gave me chills. That's just heartbreaking! Did the same thing happen when AJ went missing? Did she do something to him and can't remember? Did the Dad? Who is covering for who or is it both are covering.

After reading the documents, I'm sick. All 4 kids deserve better. (That includes the newborn, btw) . I wonder if DCFS will suggest foster care so the parents can try to rehabilitate, yet again, or determine that the 4-year old (which I thought he was 3) and eventually the newborn are better off permanently placed in a home.

Does anyone know if P was born with opiates in his system?

Perhaps a little wishful thinking on my part, but after I read about the horrible conditions the oldest son lived in, I'm wondering if someone spirited him off somewhere, maybe even the older brother? Well, unfortunately, that wouldn't make sense, as they would have taken the younger boy as well. Or maybe he was used in a transaction (I hate to say it) when they couldn't afford the drugs? Just trying anything to come up with some way AJ might still be alive. I know the odds are slim.

Typically, when I read these cases on here, they are far away. But this case, because I am local, makes me want to walk up to these people's door and demand to know where he is.
Bolding Mine

No, you're not way off in that thinking. Unfortunately.

Drug users will do literally anything to get $$ for another 'high'.
We've seen it here and we've read about it in msm.
People pimp out their own kids, and others have beat their victims to a literal pulp to get what they want.
AJ could've been long gone before the parents made their odd 911 call.

I have never figured out why bad Mothers continue to have more children. Do they like being pregnant? Do they like the attention of having a new baby? Are they just lazy and don't take birth control?

Reminds me of Diane Downs, who shot her children, and was pregnant AGAIN during her trial!
I sometimes think they don’t know how bad they suck at parenthood. It’s all they know.

With AJ missing, I see no way under the heavens a judge would even, for one minute think of returning him to the parents.

I hope you are right. I really do.

I sometimes think they don’t know how bad they suck at parenthood. It’s all they know.

I've worked with drug dependant moms, they tend to be there happiest when pregnant. The moms are high risk and a lot are already working to get their previous kids back from CPS. They never worry about cribs, clothes, bottles, or any other need. Social Services, a church, someone will give them everything they need, and delivery it. There's most always a social or mental health worker making all the preparations

For the life of me. I can't figure it out. I was preparing and worrying from the minute I found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth