Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
My consolidated theory.

The killer was telling the girls that he needed their help down the hill in order
to throw off their threat detection, he wanted to appear vulnerable. " Guys I need your help, my wife is hurt down the hill, my dog is hurt down the hill, my truck needs a push start down the hill, I will give you $50 each"
he threw one of the girls off the a the lower, descending part of the bridge in order
to order to gain control of the other while the she was shocked; most likely in a moment of opportunity.
His hat is a hunting/winter cap with ear flaps or a real tree regular baseball cap. He is wearing carpenter pants, a double layered jacket (one that you can unbutton the second layer). He has a mustache, he has Caucasian features and possibly uses chewing tobacco.
He is clean, he might have been on his lunch break, working close by and living in one of the smaller towns of the area. He lives in such a setting and lives his life in such a manner that either his peers are miscreants and don't talk to the police, or he is liked and level headed enough to not throw up any flags. The phone was possibly found in the water and what audio there is was recovered using the FBI or State lab.

You have some great insight into this! Nice sketches as well. I sat at my kitchen table just watching his movements from the videos you posted, and your theory on his asking them for help makes the most sense.

I think the two weeks was a veiled threat by investigators.

As in meaning we are confident we are going to find you in two weeks.

I think they are playing that BG starts getting paranoid and acting un normally.

Causing someone close to him to call in a tip

I think it’s all part of a carefully calculated trap that investigators hope he will walk right into moo

You have some great insight into this! Nice sketches as well. I sat at my kitchen table just watching his movements from the videos you posted, and your theory on his asking them for help makes the most sense.
Thanks haha, My great grandpa was a Los Angeles Sheriff's deputy, my maternal grandpa was an Arson investigator. I grew up around law enforcement. I always try to look at things as real as possible from what I have learned from them.

So I watched The Shack tonight. I have no idea why, exactly, Carter brought this up at the press conference. Only he can explain why. Maybe it’s because this is a horrific case, he saw the movie, and it simply helped him make sense of evil in the world. If there is more to it - a direct message to the BG - I think he’s assuming this killer has issues that have to do with pain, power, blame, guilt and trust. Perhaps he’s hoping the BG will read the book or watch the movie and that “little bit of a conscience” he has left will feel something. Hmm.

My consolidated theory.

The killer was telling the girls that he needed their help down the hill in order
to throw off their threat detection, he wanted to appear vulnerable. " Guys I need your help, my wife is hurt down the hill, my dog is hurt down the hill, my truck needs a push start down the hill, I will give you $50 each"
he threw one of the girls off the a the lower, descending part of the bridge in order
to order to gain control of the other while the she was shocked; most likely in a moment of opportunity.
His hat is a hunting/winter cap with ear flaps or a real tree regular baseball cap. He is wearing carpenter pants, a double layered jacket (one that you can unbutton the second layer). He has a mustache, he has Caucasian features and possibly uses chewing tobacco.
He is clean, he might have been on his lunch break, working close by and living in one of the smaller towns of the area. He lives in such a setting and lives his life in such a manner that either his peers are miscreants and don't talk to the police, or he is liked and level headed enough to not throw up any flags. The phone was possibly found in the water and what audio there is was recovered using the FBI or State lab.

Thanks for all your contributions to the discussions. I think you are right on quite a few things.

My consolidated theory.

I do not believe that BG was trying to lure the girls by being unassuming and friendly. Based on what LE and the family has said, Libby's hinky meter was going off before she was asked to go down the hill. BG made her feel uneasy. In one of the very early press conferences, LE stated that Libby started filming right before the commission of a crime began. I think that we can see BG reach for something from his right side in the newly released video clip. Sadly, I think that this is literally seconds before the girls knew what was coming.

During the same press conference that I reference above, the LEO who was doing the talking stated that BG needed to be caught before BG strikes again. Since that time, I have thought that LE knows that killing the girls was not his first time. I am praying that the families can soon have some answers about what happened to their sweet girls.

Not that it would help me individually but I think releasing more audio could help. Some one has to be able to recognize him.

I honestly don't think there IS much more audio. The Pattys were interviewed and they said they've seen/heard the rest of the recording and that there really isn't much more that's discernible. I think it took forever to clean it up to get what they have now and there's probably not much else that can be made out.

That may be one of the reasons they originally thought he was much older. Maybe the suspect was wearing clothes he normally wouldn't wear as part of a disguise.
I also think he may have been wearing several layers to appear larger. Jmo

This could be true, maybe someone younger who borrowed his Dad's clothes so as not to be recognized.

I can envision a tip that they are hoping comes in that is.

“Listen so and so isn’t acting right and he keeps talking about how he thinks someone may be trying to set him up for the murder of those girls.”

“I really didn’t think about it at the time, but I think he may have even been in the area that day. And when I saw him later that same day his pants and boots were covered in mud and he claimed he had just been out hunting”

All just my speculation and what I hope may happen

edited to clarify

Last edited:
Thanks as it helps to get everyone's opinion on things.

I totally agree about the pivot to his left and toward the girls at the end of what we see.

I also agree he likely pulled a gun out right around that time. Many of us think we see the outline of a large handgun in his right coat pocket. The handgun is in right coat pocket and its facing backwards where the barrel is pointing off to the side and not straight into the pocket.

I have heard about and can see the "gun" silhouette in the right pocket, especially in the stills, but I see it a little differently now with the video.

I'm honestly not sure what exactly I'm seeing there; the silhouette does look a lot like a gun, but why anyone would carry a gun the way it's seemingly oriented seems so bizarre to me.

His right arm looks so much smaller than his left that I think there's a good chance he's actually reaching behind and gripping a gun in his back waistband, but again, I'm confused on this point and can see it either way.

I believe the two weeks specified is significant somehow. It gives a limited timeframe that introduces a countdown to something. If WE don't know what it is, BG doesn't either.

Either it's pressure that will contribute to a mistake, or there's something bigger behind the scenes.

I am glad to just put out the ball to bounce around, even if I am wrong; maybe someone with a better eye or ears can get something correct out of it.

If you go back to some of the earlier threads on this case, we had pages and pages of discussions about what kind of hat we thought he was wearing (the hat convo goes on for at least 100 posts, no kidding) as well as the pants/jacket/etc. If you're new on here, you might find it interesting to go back to those early posts and see what we came up with at that time.

I can envision a tip that they are hoping comes in that is.

“Listen so and so isn’t acting right and he keeps talking about how he thinks someone may be trying to set him up for the murder of those girls.”

“I really didn’t think about it at the time, but I think he may have even been in the area that day. And when I saw him later he was covered in mud and claimed he had just been out hunting”

All just my speculation and what I hope may happen

That's what I am hoping as well. At the end of the day, I don't really think that the audio, video, or sketch/photo will play much into this. Someone has information about that day and they may not even know it. I'm just hoping that something finally gives them the little nudge that they need to put it all together so that they can take it to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member