Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the tone and ease of "guys" indicates to me that he is someone known to the girls. The calm directive statement "down the hill" seems to indicate he has some type of relationship of authority or position of respect. He seems to be "redirecting" them as if they should know to follow his directions or know where they are supposed to be going already.
He is in a position of authority though. He’s a much larger adult, in the presence of two small teenage girls.

I don’t think this is indicative of any prior relationship.

I've been away for awhile, and have some memory issues - didn't they have this video of the guy on Day 1? Is the FBI involved in this case?

About his walk.

I was a nurse and my husband was a prosthetist (fabricated and fit artificial limbs) and I worked with him in his clinic over 10 years.
BG looks like he could possibly be a below the knee amputee on the right. A B/K prosthesis is usually held on by suction created by the stump fitting into the socket of the prosthesis. If the stump is extremely short, it is held on by a sleeve.
When he steps, the right pant leg has a telltale crease right under the knee. This is created when the lip of the prosthesis, or the top, catches on the material of the pant. It also happens when there is some slippage of the prosthesis. A lot of amputees wear baggier pants "cover" the prosthesis but this can lead to that crease.
When he picks up his left foot to take a step, you can see the sole of his shoe in the toe area because that's how most of us walk...heel to toe, meaning on the up step, our ankle flexes up to bring the toes up and to allow us to "land" on our heel first. He does that perfectly on the left.
When he raises his right leg, he raises it a bit higher and straight up, the sole of the shoe in the toe area cannot be seen at all, even as he brings it down. That's because their is no ankle flexion at that time. He brings it straight down. Not heel first, his whole foot comes down at the same time.
It's very subtle, and most people have no idea someone is a below the knee amputee but I caught that right away.
Number 1 reason people lose a limb is diabetes/circulation problems. Then trauma...motorcycle, car, tractor, lawn mower, industrial, etc. accidents. We of course have many vets with amputated limbs also.
A prosthetist usually takes care of the same person for life unless they move. It's very personal, and patients are extremely loyal to their prosthetists. If they sent the new sketch to every clinic in the nation, and he IS a below the knee amputee, his prosthetist would recognize him.
I sent my thoughts regarding the above to the tip email address of the state police.

OMG! I just went back and looked at that video again and you are correct! He does look like he's an amputee! I kept thinking he looked like he was walking differently but that's exactly what I was seeing along with the Tell-Tale crease in his pants! Right leg very subtle but nonetheless he is planting his foot.

I've been away for awhile, and have some memory issues - didn't they have this video of the guy on Day 1? Is the FBI involved in this case?
Yes. They only released a still photo from that video, early on.

Yesterday they released atleast part of the video.

The FBI is involved.

I don’t think they would have taken video of footage of him if they knew him. They clearly knew something was up.
In the press conference I think they emphasized that the way he walks isn’t necessarily related to gait but the structure of the bridge - ie. being forced to walk in that manner to keep balance on the bridge?
I honestly don’t know what to think but it does seem that they know who has done this now.

During the announcement, it was stated the girls are not now, the way they were left.
I think BG left them in some ritualistic pose.
LE made a point, to let the killer know, this will not be broadcast.
Probably the killer wished this to be known, so his evil work is evident.
MOO.

To me it meant that rather cold, brutalized, and alone in the woods they're now in a "better place." That fits in with the reference to The Shack, too.

Whats the deal with the car? Why can't they track down the owner? What am I missing?
Good question.
I don’t think after two years that LE has decided to reach out and ask about a parked car for the first time, especially with no description. Nor do I think they expect BG to call them and admit he’s the driver.
Therefore, I can only imagine three possibilities:
1. They are trying to CONFIRM another witness account of BG seen with this vehicle
2. They are trying to jog someone else’s recall of the absence of the car during that day/time and make the connection with the new sketch/word “guys”/gait.
3. There is a possibility that there is a second person somehow connected to the car and they want to know if they are an unwitting or involved participant.
Can anyone think of other possibilities?

I do not understand what you are saying. Hollywood stereotype?

I was replying to a poster who asked what another poster meant by the sketch looking like a "frat boy." If you want this expanded upon then you'll need to quote and ask the original poster.

I am very confused after yesterday’s press conference.

In the new sketch, the similarities of the two faces are amazing. The new sketch has a thin nose. The main difference being a thin face and a fuller face, A fuller face gives an appearance of being older IMO.

As far as the goatee, the hair. the hat, these are features that can be changed routinely,

Where did the artist get the curly hair from? Where did the other artist get the hat from?

One would think both artists were using the same descriptions given by the witness. So, it appears to me that just as witnesses see things differently, these artists had varying images of the BG. JMO.

How does LE know which one is the better image of the BG?

Imo it wouldn't have been hard to overtake two young girls with even a knife. Its all games to think "yeah id just dodge them and run" but plenty of us freeze with fear when faced with something like that. Especially if youre already freaking out about this dude continually following you and you have no weapom yourself. Do what he says and maybe youll get to live.
I don't disagree, and I know we are all different, but when I was about their age, maybe a year or so younger, a man attempted to abduct me at a mall. I was also raised to respect adults and say "yes sir/ma'am" etc. I also remember as I ran away from him and went to my mother's side in a store across they way, I was worried that I would get in trouble if I told her what happened. But, what stays with me was an overriding sense to run, and get away, once I realized he was trying to put his hands on me. It washed over me - run! Flight or flight, divine intervention, or whatever. All I knew was that I ran full speed away from him and he ran to a car waiting outside the door. That was close enough for me, and I know I am extremely fortunate.

You have some great insight into this! Nice sketches as well. I sat at my kitchen table just watching his movements from the videos you posted, and your theory on his asking them for help makes the most sense.
The Bundy Method, so to speak...

Brainstorming reasons why Libby was taking video:
  1. She knew the guy was up to no good and she was going to make sure if he killed them, he’d get busted (I think this is the theory many of us have been working under).
  2. He was just a weirdo and she thought she might capture something Snapchat-worthy.
  3. She vaguely knew him and his being there seemed noteworthy... “hey guess who we saw hiking yesterday... the Spanish teacher!” (who is usually in a wheelchair around school or something). Could also work with a family member or friend who she knew should be at work or the like.
Feeling just meh about 2 and 3, but just brainstorming. Any other thoughts?

Stabilized Abby and Libby suspect video

Gray Hughes Investigates
I took each frame of the suspect video and tried to line up the tree which stabilized the walk and you see lateral movement.

I have to say that after he makes the turn to the left, he does look taller and younger. In that angle, I can see how he could be younger than what the first few frames appear.

Good question.
I don’t think after two years that LE has decided to reach out and ask about a parked car for the first time, especially with no description. Nor do I think they expect BG to call them and admit he’s the driver.
Therefore, I can only imagine three possibilities:
1. They are trying to CONFIRM another witness account of BG seen with this vehicle
2. They are trying to jog someone else’s recall of the absence of the car during that day/time and make the connection with the new sketch/word “guys”/gait.
3. There is a possibility that there is a second person somehow connected to the car and they want to know if they are an unwitting or involved participant.
Can anyone think of other possibilities?

it seems like the abandoned cps/dcs building is right there. is that a normal parking spot for people entering the trail over there? I'm wondering if it's someone familiar with that parking lot.

When I mentioned the latest developments to my daughter (young adult), she thought Libby took the video because the BG would be recognized.

Interesting thought.

jmo
Exactly, especially if they had reason to be fearful of him on that day, or perhaps previously.
Another possibility is that they recognized him and saw that he was wearing a disguise. They may have filmed him to show their friends. (It was so weird, we saw Coach Bob at the bridge and he was wearing a fake beard!)

I am very confused after yesterday’s press conference.

In the new sketch, the similarities of the two faces are amazing. The new sketch has a thin nose. The main difference being a thin face and a fuller face, A fuller face gives an appearance of being older IMO.

As far as the goatee, the hair. the hat, these are features that can be changed routinely,

Where did the artist get the curly hair from? Where did the other artist get the hat from?

One would think both artists were using the same descriptions given by the witness. So, it appears to me that just as witnesses see things differently, these artists had varying images of the BG. JMO.

How does LE know which one is the better image of the BG?

I am wondering about the hair too. What color is it suppose to be, my mind is thinking reddish and art garfunkel hair, I know it is probably very wrong but I would like to know.

I can hear it also.

I am so glad I'm not the only one! It could be my mind playing tricks, but as I watched the Grey Hughes video and it looped, I just kept hearing it clearer and clearer.
Guys...
Oh my God! Noooo!
Down the hill.

And that would make sense why they only released down the hill before now. They had to remove their scream.
Btw.... this is just what I hear/ what I'm guessing. I dont have any inside factual information that others dont lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth