Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Students were off for an unused snow day. But it was stated early on that according to the district calendar teachers had an inservice work day.

I wonder about staff - maybe admin staff had to report, less likely EG cafeteria staff & presumably not EG school bus drivers.

Because yes I agree with the many posters pointing out that “guys” is how an experienced kid-wrangler will address a group of kids to get their attention.

Some more video I enhanced and looped.
IMO it doesn't look so much like a goatee now but shadows, that's the clearest I've seen his face. I'm going to say 30's. That is a younger looking face but LE did say that he may look younger. Also, the first videos I sped up, sometimes I see things better that way. He really picks up that right leg and as he's doing so that right foot turns outward.

I was just reading some about that bridge and the trail/s , Seems that trail is out of the way the person writing about this trail says it took awhile to find the trail...

I'm thinking that it does seem unlikely anyone unfamiliar with the area would just happen to go hiking there. I wonder how far from the trail that abandoned welfare office was ?

This is part of the description / article I was reading :
"...
One of the more interesting of the dozen or so trails of the city is along the old Monon Railroad right-of-way east of town. Here the “High Bridge Trail” gives walkers a chance to experience tremendous vertigo and possible death by slippage on one of the most spectacular railroad bridges in northern Indiana.

The trailhead is a bit difficult to find but once we drove up the dead-end driveway through the inch of virgin snowfall, we bundled up and headed down the level, wide trail. It was obvious the only hikers in the past few days had been coyotes, fox and perhaps the odd squirrel.

We walked the .85 miles out to the old bridge, happy whenever we could slip below the level of surrounding fields out of the wind. Whenever the cold east wind was blocked by terrain or trees, the day and even the snow felt warm enough to slip on a pair of shorts for these winter-weary Hoosiers...." 1.
1. .Delphi: Monon High Bridge Trail hike | WildIndiana.com

I thought the same about this bridge. Unless someone told him or he read about it , how would he know it was there?
Here are the things I keep going over:
Why was he sitting at the building? Did he park there to use his phone or maybe eat lunch? Is this why they suspect he may have come into Delphi for work, but didn't live there?
Did he see them being dropped off and decide to follow them? Is the abandoned building close enough that he could see this?
The new sketch has a thinner jawline and shows his hair. Did they capture video of the car somewhere else to get this image? gas station or store parking lot? Maybe a restaurant where he got lunch?
Could he have already starting talking/yelling to the girls on the bridge, then they got suspicious and decided to record him?
Did he head to this area hoping to find to find someone? Or, did he somehow know the girls were planning on going there?
And how is it possible that someone could be so evil?

As someone often in the forest, hiking or riding, I’ve seen some strange things. Once, my dog took off, racing up a hill, not responding to my calls. When I chased him down two local men (both married with kids, known & respected in community) were engaged in a most intimate rendezvous, enjoying the warm spring sun.....
We are also finding way too many meth labs, all we need to do is follow ATV trails, it seems.
So, I wonder, did the girls catch him in a compromising situation?

What Bessie said could lead some credence to theory they already know who it is but the impression I get is they do not, it's all a bluff. Why would they release the new composite if they already know?

I agree they have nothing but I don’t understand why there was no DNA at the site, under fingernails, hair, fibres, nothing.
The saddest thing is a video was taken documenting this guy. Nothing.

Last edited:
As someone often in the forest, hiking or riding, I’ve seen some strange things. Once, my dog took off, racing up a hill, not responding to my calls. When I chased him down two local men (both married with kids, known & respected in community) were engaged in a most intimate rendezvous, enjoying the warm spring sun.....
We are also finding way too many meth labs, all we need to do is follow ATV trails, it seems.
So, I wonder, did the girls catch him in a compromising situation?

I've thought about this too. Perhaps they witnessed 2 men in a compromising act, hence the 2 sketches and one sketch now being "secondary"..Perhaps they still believe BG is the killer, but are now looking for his lover instead of him in hopes he'll turn on him.

MOO

More thoughts I have today...
  • I do not believe BG is significantly physically disabled or impaired. Given Libby's photo of Abby on the bridge with no one behind her, and the location BG is seen in her video (using the forked tree as a reference point), I believe he would have had to be able to move relatively unhindered across the unstable bridge to reach the girls as quickly as he did.
  • I believe that LE has more video of BG, at least to some extent, and that if they believed him to walk with a noticeable impairment, they would have made mention of it in the press conference instead of specifying that his gait is altered by the bridge's condition.
  • Something in police work has changed enough that BG is no longer a suspect or person of interest in the case, but has been definitively announced as the killer. What evidence could be found that could now, two years later, definitively points to BG without a shadow of a doubt?

• Remember that for two years LE was very specific not to directly call him the murderer. Something is different now. There is a heavy legal implication behind using this term.

• Police have had both sketches since the early days of the investigation. Something has changed enough now that they have decided to release the second sketch. They have also very deliberately not excluded the first sketch from evidence, citing it as secondary. It has not been discarded or discounted. There is a reason for this as well.

I've been wondering myself about this. The only thing I could come up with that might have changed is that just MAYBE technology has allowed them to gather up more video/audio from the phone? IMO LE's statement that "it's all about power" meant either rape and then display them or both.

I actually have tears in my eyes. Wearing headphones, the second clip- between guys and down the hill, I swear I hear a high pitched/ girls voice screaming "oh my goooodd! Nooo!" And now I cant unhear it. I hear it every time it replays and it is making me cringe and my eyes tear up.

I hear it too now that you say it. Honestly, I did not think that I would, but I can definitely hear what you are hearing.

LE sometimes does things like this. I still don't know why but I suspect it has something to do with hoping someone will come forward with some bit of information they need.

For anyone familiar with the Sierra LaMar case, they were putting out composites of the perp and all along they knew who it was, and then they released a still from a video of a car and asked the public for help identifying the car and its driver. Soon we all found out they knew who their suspect was and they had the car in their possession already. So why ask questions they already have answers to? Well, maybe they want to hear various views hoping someone will add something important to what they already know.

I believe that this is what is currently happening in this case. LE released the information about the car and the second sketch to get someone to come forward with that one piece of information that they need. I believe that LE recently acquired some piece of physical evidence (maybe from the car iteself?), and they can now say with confidence that the investigation is headed in the right direction. However, they are still missing something to "assure" a conviction. I think that we will have an arrest within two weeks.

As an aside, the comments from the PC that do not make sense to us make sense to the perp. BG knows exactly what was being said and why it was said. We should know in due course too.

I've been wondering myself about this. The only thing I could come up with that might have changed is that just MAYBE technology has allowed them to gather up more video/audio from the phone? IMO LE's statement that "it's all about power" meant either rape and then display them or both.

I do not think that either girl was raped since I suspect that they do not have any semen.

Last edited:
I wonder about staff - maybe admin staff had to report, less likely EG cafeteria staff & presumably not EG school bus drivers.

Because yes I agree with the many posters pointing out that “guys” is how an experienced kid-wrangler will address a group of kids to get their attention.

Also, did someone hear Abby & Libby making plans?
Another thought prob mentioned hundreds of times, military man? A resident but not always in Delphi?
Moo

Its hard to believe BG has a disability of any sort. He had to be walking very quickly to catch up with the girls on the bridge. I've watched videos of people walking that bridge and they had a difficult time navigating the tie spacing and none had a disability.

Libby likely noticed and was alarmed by his fast pace. I'm sure he was not aware that she was filming him as he had to both keep an eye on the girls and his footing.

The girls, I'm sure got that sinking feeling that this guy was coming after them but had that little hope that he was just trying to get to the other side of the bridge and would pass them and so they maintained their composure and didn't run. Kind of like when your driving and see squad car lights bearing down on you. You start to pull over and hope that the cop car goes flying by you in pursuit of someone else...so scary.

I don't think the guy has a noticeable physical disability,ie a prosthetic leg. LE has way more experience with the video clip and picture than we've had, and they've had some of the best people in the country enhancing it-everyone from NASA to Disney (according to the Pattys). IMO if BG had something like a prosthetic leg, it would be noted in BG's physical characteristics. Why would they hide such a thing from the public when that could help the people in BG's life easily identify him?

Ok please bear with me here
That to me looks like a police issue side handled baton inside his trousers and the reason his hand is higher on one side than the other is that he is holding the side handle of the baton
Personally I think that the perpetrator is either related to or the family of LE
Or is LE
The chief of police giving the press conference is full of anxiety like he has learned something very personal and it’s shaking him up
Further more, the use of the word ‘guys’ is typically a police word so that say a handful of girls / boys or men/women do not have to be collectively broken down into sexes ie . Come along girls and boys
Instead it’s easier and accepted to say ‘come along guys’ without it being deemed derogatory or offensive to the female sex
Clearly the family of the girls have been told more than has been released that very morning hence the request to let them process the information
And the wording of the perpetrator could be in the room right now and wants to be close to the investigation could mean a police officer
Or it could be a relative of a male or female police officer or police support staff member.
All MOO
See picture of a side handle baton
I have attached a picture of a side handle baton

Attachments

• CDE91626-7528-439E-8F28-9A68C1591EDC.png
    CDE91626-7528-439E-8F28-9A68C1591EDC.png
    252.2 KB · Views: 6
Good morning everyone, here’s hoping today is the day BG is ID’d and arrested.

So once again I restarted at page 1 (and may already be behind at time of posting) but I needed to refresh my memory. Anyway 2 things I’m throwing out:

We're seeking the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland highway between the hours of noon to 5:00 on February 14th 2017. If you were parked there or know who was parked there please contact the officers at the command post at the Delphi city building.

EDIT: BBM
( btw: the entire transcript is posted on page1- thx to CD123). - I’m glad I reread this, because he did both say “parked” and “abandoned”. But the way I read the request is asking about ID’ing the driver. To most anyone this is meaningless. But, I suspect they feel this will jar the memory of an alibi/family member.

I keep going back to the 2 sketches and the chin/jaw. It occurred to me: if you fill in the shadowed area on the original of the neck? You have the same jaw/chin as the new release. Huge difference. IDK, head tilted down while walking would have played optical illusions...

As you can see, this is nothing earth shattering or crime solving. Ha!

Attachments

• 13E78794-7AAE-45F0-828A-34F0D5D4FA2E.jpeg
    13E78794-7AAE-45F0-828A-34F0D5D4FA2E.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 24
Yeah, the words were scripted, but the emotion was real.

If that phone was in Libby’s pocket, he might have either missed it, or forgotten to take it.

After the murders, his priority would have been getting out of there as fast as possible.

Lots of killers make mistakes, especially their first time.

If this was his first time.
I'm thinking the killer, even if he was aware she'd put a phone in her pocket, never even considered it recording. Phones are so ubiquitous anymore that I don't think people even notice them.

BG may have left the phone because he knows the images will not look like him when he removes his extra clothes. LE is telling him we know now what you did with the clothes. You came looking one way, killed looking another way, and left looking like you did when you arrived (I think the witness saw him at noon and saw the vehicle parked at noon). LE is saying you may have thought you fooled us believing you were older and bigger but we are on to you now. Maybe they recently found some of the extra clothes. I always thought they may have found the hat early on. Don't focus on it because we have it.

I've thought about this too. Perhaps they witnessed 2 men in a compromising act, hence the 2 sketches and one sketch now being "secondary"..Perhaps they still believe BG is the killer, but are now looking for his lover instead of him in hopes he'll turn on him.

MOO

When I had my encounter, they did not know what to do. Lol. But since they were pant-less, I was able to leash my dog & head out, quickly. Although I do know both men & don’t think they would have hurt me, let alone kill me.
Maybe one man in a compromising situation, idk.
If I heard correctly, over 1,000 tips since PC? How many
tipsters give the same name? Where is he. Arrest him already. Moo

Its hard to believe BG has a disability of any sort. He had to be walking very quickly to catch up with the girls on the bridge. I've watched videos of people walking that bridge and they had a difficult time navigating the tie spacing and none had a disability.

Libby likely noticed and was alarmed by his fast pace. I'm sure he was not aware that she was filming him as he had to both keep an eye on the girls and his footing.

The girls, I'm sure got that sinking feeling that this guy was coming after them but had that little hope that he was just trying to get to the other side of the bridge and would pass them and so they maintained their composure and didn't run. Kind of like when your driving and see squad car lights bearing down on you. You start to pull over and hope that the cop car goes flying by you in pursuit of someone else...so scary.

I agree with all of this. The fast pace is probably what spooked them enough to trigger the start of that video. I said in the last thread that even now as an adult, when a man walks up on me faster than I expected, it still startles me. If I were 14, I would have been even more frightened.

Former investigators react to new developments in Delphi murder investigation
Former investigators react to new developments in Delphi murder investigation

"We do a lot of investigations, background investigations," she said. "My gut feeling is something has come to light, something has come out or come up through investigations and they are aggressively pursuing this new information."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken