IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it really odd how hard the mother fights to get the kids back. You’d expect that how deep she is with drugs - I mean needles? I’m def. suspecting fentanyl patches as the “prescriptions meds” or some injectable opioid. Normally those people tend to just let people take the kids. So you guys are saying she gets money from having kids? How would she make money to support her addiction? It doesn’t seem like she has any capability to work - neither does the father. And she was going to pay for his law services by providing him with drugs? Where is her money coming from to buy them?
Its not unheard of that woman will trade sex more drugs. Not sure if that is what's going on in this case but its definitely a possibility.

Heavily wooded area in Woodstock area, sixteen police vehicles, shown on wgn tv now at 830am cst. There will be comments from the police soon, according to AJ's mother's attorney, outside the CL police department now. AJ mother has been in the CL police department, per wgn tv.

Unpopular opinion alert:
Please don’t read this as a defense of any one particular person, but I think that women/mothers with addiction are just trying their best to live their lives and generally want “the best” for their kids but really are not equipped to provide it in their addicted state. I think babies are hope. Hope for a fresh start. I think many of these women have periods of recovery and periods of relapse. I don’t think that addiction diminishes the love that a mother has for her children and her desire to keep that connection. I think that the desire to do right just gets lost to addiction. I guess that I am trying to say that saying all addicts get pregnant for the monetary benefits is too simplistic. I know a few addicts and under all the drugs they are really decent people who can’t get it together because they are under the thumb of these drugs.

I don’t think this means that the treatment these kids got in this case and many others is acceptable. It isn’t. They should have had these kids taken away a long time ago. But to make it seem like all addicts are evil people who use kids to make money doesn’t ring true to me. MOO. Hoping for some new leads today and some concrete evidence.

Excellent point, I do think the maternal instinct is strong and they do love their children !!! Yes, many want to be clean.

Drug addiction is mind controlling, it is a reaction of the brain to seek more pleasure thru drugs.

States spend millions of dollars yearly in benefits for drug addiction.
Medicaid will pay for
Detox... 3 days of inpatient to clean up
Medical and psychiatric services
Years of mental health support services but NOT Rehab

What Medicaid will NOT pay for is inpatient REHAB .. I have clients begging for inpatient rehab and only private insurance and Medicare will cover.

Folks want help, they beg for it and it's very hard to near impossible to battle this disease in the same situation/environment that creates it.

The federal government mandated all states provide mental health services that include mental health support-a Qualified Mental Health Professional QMHP up to 3 hours per day 7 days per week. These visits are paid at 160.00 per 3 hours and go on for a lifetime but DO NOT cover inpatient rehab. Mental Health agencies have popped up in every community. I live in a community with 40k population and we have 85 mental health agencies. It is a very, very profitable business. MHA work very hard to keep folks out of jail, most can't pass the legal competency test and go to jail or home waiting for competency clearance. Most states have closed or are closing long term mental hospitals and this leaves these folks on the street. Sometime we wait days for a short term bed in the few mental hospitals left.

My state spends millions to study drug abuse and come up with plans to fix, more counseling, free needle exchange, free NARCAN, on and on. They NEVER include rehab.

Its a complicated mess...., and I'm sure you can feel my frustration.

BREAKING- SEARCH FOR AJ: New developments in week long search for missing 5-year-old Crystal Lake boy. abc7.ws/2IEhEZ6

Updated 10 minutes ago

CRYSTAL LAKE, Ill. (WLS) -- The mother of missing Crystal Lake 5-year-old Andrew "AJ" Freund is inside the Crystal Lake police station, sources told ABC7 Wednesday morning.

Joann Cunningham's attorney was seen leaving the police station and had no comment. The McHenry County state's attorney was also seen leaving the police station and said new information would be released Wednesday.

~snip

Missing Crystal Lake boy: Mother of 5-year-old Andrew 'AJ' Freund inside police station, sources say

TANF, they can and do obtain a medical wavior and not work.

Social Security requires 40 quarters of paying into the system to collect full benefits. SSI is a supplement income for those that did not work or do not have enough quarters to claim a full SSDA benefit.

Example... If disable

Full 771.00 if never worked.

Say I worked 20 quarters and claim 240.00 from Social Security Disability, SSI will kick in and pay the difference up to 771.00.
SSDA 240.00 plus SSI of 531.00 equalling total of 771.00 max.

Most drug addicts are diagnosed with mental health or physical disabilities and do claim benefits. They need the disability diagnosis to avoid working under TANF, Medicaid, and most other benefits. Its the gateway to most services.

I do not know what benefits the mother is receiving.

Thank you.

Do you do this for a living?

I’m always shocked to read about drug addicts being able to get disability, if true, like it’s easy peasy. I have relatives that have legit health conditions who have had to fight tooth and nail for at least a year minimum to get their ss disability. Am I missing info where this is so easily accessible to addicts?
Meaning when I “read” this it’s always made out like it seems so easy to get. I have seen proof of the opposite. (In no way saying drug addicts/mental health should not receive benefits etc. I’m just always cautious when I see some throwing it out like it’s so easy for them to get that help. I totally believe it is NOT)

Last edited:
We know Sr was not truthful about gas station visit for treats. LE needs to unravel disprove his movements before scripted 911 call this will put him off.
IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members