Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not found any articles where Bill was named a POI before later being named a suspect. Maybe someone else can? I did find one (4/6/19) that was after he had been named a suspect but media used the term POI instead. Unless we can find where he was named a POI before being named a suspect, I don't see the point in arguing whether LE should or shouldn't have changed the term if they didn't change it to begin with.

Cheryl Coker homicide: Public joins Texas EquuSearch for final search

Coker was last seen Oct. 2 dropping her daughter off at school in Riverside.

Police identified Coker’s husband, Bill, as a person of interest but he has not been charged. Bill Coker also has said he is innocent.

First off, the websleuths policy would not have let us discuss William the way we did prior to him being the named suspect, there had to be a designation early on to allow our discussion of him....

First off, the websleuths policy would not have let us discuss William the way we did prior to him being the named suspect, there had to be a designation early on to allow our discussion of him....
It didn't always get reported to the mods and some some slipped past IMO. They can not monitor all these threads at all times and they count on us to follow TOS and report those who don't.

No great loss, I was under assumption like others that he was labelled POI

Found a few yards from roadway...that's how I'd picture it. Drive a good distance, than hastily deposit so less chance of someone spotting you or your car. 4-hour round trip is doable.
Kudos to all of these hunters finding bodies lately.
I have a strong feeling about this find.

From your lips to God’s ears...I want th to find Cheryl so this case can proceed, and WC can finally get arrested

Community plans celebration, remembrance for Cheryl Coker's birthday

It's been nearly seven months since a Riverside woman vanished after dropping her daughter off at school, on Wednesday, the community is coming together to celebrate her birthday.

Police have said they believe Cheryl Coker is dead, Wednesday marks her 47th birthday.

The community is planning a celebration and remembrance ceremony Wednesday night at 6:30 at Shellenbarger Park Shelter in Riverside. Those who attend are asked to wear green.

The body has been identified as 36 year old missing man, Shane Walls. Another homicide. So sad.

Man found dead in Pike County last seen in December

No Cheryl. RIP Shane. I'm not feeling too confident she'll be found now. I really figured he panicked and dumped her close to a roadside. Cheryl's been missing longer than some of these poor souls being found lately.

I can't imagine the pressure building up within that household.

LE's case can't be that firm if they are waiting for her remains to be found. I believe they have a lot, but not enough to roll the dice in a trial. The younger daughter must be in extreme pain having to maintain relationships on both sides of the family and focus on school. Maybe it's a blessing that justice is delayed.

I have been reading in depth the other sites, OMG, if Cheryl hasn’t been found by now it’s going to take a miracle, as anyone entertained the notion he wrapped her up good or in a large suitcase and placed her in a dumpster, which she would be buried in the county dump, there’s only about a million dumpsters around

If this was loved one missing and if the police are at a bad junction now I would insist that they present to grand jury and roll the dice, nothing lost nothing gained, I think taking the risk is better than the present outcome, the suspect will live a long happy life with his GF and in seven years have her declared dead and cash in, I don’t like that avenue so rolling the dice is worth it at this point, or just maybe if indicted the tree got shook and the answers fall out.....it’s a better option than waiting for a miracle....

I have been reading in depth the other sites, OMG, if Cheryl hasn’t been found by now it’s going to take a miracle, as anyone entertained the notion he wrapped her up good or in a large suitcase and placed her in a dumpster, which she would be buried in the county dump, there’s only about a million dumpsters around

If this was loved one missing and if the police are at a bad junction now I would insist that they present to grand jury and roll the dice, nothing lost nothing gained, I think taking the risk is better than the present outcome, the suspect will live a long happy life with his GF and in seven years have her declared dead and cash in, I don’t like that avenue so rolling the dice is worth it at this point, or just maybe if indicted the tree got shook and the answers fall out.....it’s a better option than waiting for a miracle....
How do you know they haven't presented it to the grand jury?

No Cheryl. RIP Shane. I'm not feeling too confident she'll be found now. I really figured he panicked and dumped her close to a roadside. Cheryl's been missing longer than some of these poor souls being found lately.

I can't imagine the pressure building up within that household.

LE's case can't be that firm if they are waiting for her remains to be found. I believe they have a lot, but not enough to roll the dice in a trial. The younger daughter must be in extreme pain having to maintain relationships on both sides of the family and focus on school. Maybe it's a blessing that justice is delayed.
Don't give up hope yet.

Loved ones remember Cheryl Coker on first birthday since disappearance

We attempted to talk to William Coker at his Riverside home but a family member asked us to leave saying the birthday without Cheryl was one of the worst since she had disappeared.

Detective Travis Abney with Riverside Police told us before the birthday event that the case was still being actively investigated and he was optimistic they would solve the crime. However, he was unable to share any details about the open investigation at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow