Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen any good coming from releasing more audio or video. Short of voyeurism possibly. :(

Great post, thank you!

I agree, plus I never question why LE do the things they do. They always have valid reasons, and I accept that.

More than anything I know they want to protect the integrity of their investigation. Rightfully so.

Imo

Re BG’s gait

Remember this bridge is old, rickety and 63 FEET ABOVE THE RIVER! With no railings! I’m trying to find how wide it is, I recall 6’ or 8’, but that is a very intimidating trek across. If he has any type of disability, prosthetic, injury I just can’t see him even attempting to cross it, especially as fast as we think he was moving. Moo

At 63-feet, the bridge is believed to be Indiana’s second tallest bridge.

A 360 tour of the Monon High Bridge

Attachments

• F4046591-B658-4B27-9A69-FA2C4E2ABA62.jpeg
    F4046591-B658-4B27-9A69-FA2C4E2ABA62.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 27
enhanced7 is powerful to me, I can actually see the most recent sketch of him. I went to full screen and watched it several times. What I believe I'm seeing is the recent sketch with facial hair, also his right hand is in his pocket, it appears there IS something in that pocket.

Some more video I enhanced and looped.

"Everything said in that press con was scripted by a FBI Profiler. It is designed to agitate and provoke the killer in to acting differently or saying something to someone that makes them stand out."
This is what a lot of us have been saying about LE's direct talk to the killer. The fact that something recently happened to make the final connection to someone in particular is also the interpretation of many on here. There are more that believe LE are close than those that do not.

RSBM

Geez, that makes it even more crazy he hasn't been caught!

What makes it even crazier is it can be narrowed down way more than that.

All numbers are approximate and some speculated but all speculation is on the HIGH end of what's possible, check this out:

2900 population x
92% caucasian x
48% male x
32% between 18-40 x
50% between 5'6"-5'10" x
40% between 180-220 lbs
50% could be characterized (by the absolute broadest definition) as having reddish-brown hair

That's about 40 dudes in Delphi, and probably less than 350 in the entire county, that meet the above parameters and that's without even getting into the details of the sketches.

I now believe the "rustling" noise in the background is actually one of the girls screaming.

JMO

I got to thinking... why leave it in? Maybe they distorted it just enough to not be blatantly obvious that is what it is, but didn't delete it because they want it to be faintly heard. Maybe to incite horror in anyone protecting or unsure of this person!

I don't think the guy has a noticeable physical disability,ie a prosthetic leg. LE has way more experience with the video clip and picture than we've had, and they've had some of the best people in the country enhancing it-everyone from NASA to Disney (according to the Pattys). IMO if BG had something like a prosthetic leg, it would be noted in BG's physical characteristics. Why would they hide such a thing from the public when that could help the people in BG's life easily identify him?

I agree with you that I don't think BG has a disability that affects his gait. I think there is a combination of things which make his gait appear "off" - the bridge footing, etc. I watched Gray's video and agree with previous posts that it appears he is wearing an over-sized jacket - probably to conceal items AND to alter his physical appearance.

So couldn't he do this to his pants and even his shoes, too? To me his gait looks like someone wearing pants that are too big. The pants may be cinched tight at the waist with a belt, but they are still too big and he's not comfortable with them so he's overcompensating his gait so he doesn't step on the longer length in the crotch and the pants legs themselves. And what about shoes? If this guy thinks he's so smart and watches crime TV couldn't he also have worn shoes that were a little too big so that if footprints were obtained (say in mud) they wouldn't match his size? This could also lead to his gait being a little odd.

Thank you to the person who posted the pic of the deteriorated tracks. The purposeful lifting and planting of the right leg may just be because of the structure and lack of integrity of the tracks.

I think the fact the police said to be aware his gait is altered due to the bridge is also a way of them saying he does not have a limp or injury IRL. Although then they did say look at mannerisms and there really are none.....so maybe they just don't know if that is how he walks normally or if it was the just the bridge and want all possibilities considered.

Trudie's post about the men having a rendezvous in the park got me thinking of this angle. I haven't personally witnessed two men going at it in a park, but I have observed the meetup several times. This is done all over the place and nobody really notices because they are not looking for it.

Maybe "John" and BG met online, on an app, on Craigslist, etc. Never shared real names, just chose a place and time to meet up for sex. Or even to buy/sell drugs. Something shady, anyway. After the girls are found, John decides he better contact LE and tell them he was there that day just to clear himself, and gives him a description and sketch of the guy he met up with. Tells him BG parked near that abandoned building, but he doesn't know what kind of car he was driving because he parked elsewhere and they met up at X location (shack?). LE doesn't think all that much of this since they were meeting up to see each other, not the girls. But John can't stop thinking about this guy because of what happened, and it's been nagging at him that the guys he met up with could be the killer. After all, he just zipped up his pants (or bought the drugs, whatever), and left. He has no clue what BG did after he left. He stays quiet for a while because he already did give that tip and it's not like he wants to be outed for whatever shady he was doing that day with BG. But eventually he goes back to LE with some information he omitted/failed to mention the first time......and it's exactly what LE needs to realize his rendezvous partner and BG ARE one and the same and that original sketch is the killer/more accurate sketch.
I have "half-seen" sketchy encounters in parks so I know drug/sex/other crime encounters happen. No doubt in my mind about that. My experience, however, is the creeps just move away when spotted rather than lash out.

In this case, LE made a point on Monday of saying BG might look younger than his years. Most guys living a life of drugs, hook ups in the park, crime, etc....usually don't look baby-faced. Yes, I know it's possible, but with all the other clues that he is likely religious, has a conscience, etc....I think BG is someone who looks "wholesome" and has a reputation as wholesome, clean-living, helpful, etc. I don't think he drinks or does drugs.

I think he has a secret dirty life that is all his own.

Now looking at the photo of BG, I agree with others that he is carrying a "kit" with the full intention of doing what he did. Up until Monday, I thought the murders were random opportunities for a killer. Now I think he knew they would be there and he came prepared. And I think Libby knew he was up to no good early on.

jmo

BBM:
Welcome to WS!

Phenomenal first post!

Thanks for providing your professional insights and observations as a LEO.
You made a number of fantastic and informative points.
Professional LEOs like yourself are highly valued here.
Thank you again for your presence here and active participation in the discussion.

JMO.

Thank you, appreciate that!

I guess I’ll make a prediction on who the killer will turn out to be...
Re BG’s gait

Remember this bridge is old, rickety and 63 FEET ABOVE THE RIVER! With no railings! I’m trying to find how wide it is, I recall 6’ or 8’, but that is a very intimidating trek across. If he has any type of disability, prosthetic, injury I just can’t see him even attempting to cross it, especially as fast as we think he was moving. Moo

At 63-feet, the bridge is believed to be Indiana’s second tallest bridge.

A 360 tour of the Monon High Bridge

Sorry, just to my earlier post. Things like this, try not to get caught up in over analysing. The ‘gait’ and looking down seems to me he simply had to watch where he was walking and the gaps in the tracks where uneven.

Here’s what the police would want you to try and recognise:

- shoulder movement, if any, when he walks.
- does he move with his whole body or just his legs when he walks.

Usually we do all this automatically. Like how we can pick our friends and families walks from a distance.

In case I can’t check back in, I’ll leave you with this mindset to use...

When ever the police tell you something on news, PC etc. Ask yourself, what do they need to know that for... evidence? Witness? Etc.

My feeling is it would be someone who works a low paying and repetitive job. Probably single living with family, or a roommate. Brought up by a religious single mother (strict).

That would explain the control, and fantasy he’s having watching this unfold. I doubt he’s committed any major crime before or after these horrible murders.

Anyone remember if there was a stolen car reported in Delphi or surrounding areas on the 13th. This may explain the “abandoned building/abandoned car” verbiage. Maybe he stole the car and then abandoned it in another location after the crime. Heck he could have reported his own car stolen. Perhaps the car was recovered and evidence within. They are just trying to put the suspect in the car at the time immediately before or after the crime near the park.
I’ll be looking for a police blotter.

IMHO ONLY
I think that not only does LE know who this guy is, but I'm wondering if the families don't suspect who he is as well. LE just doesn't talk that pointedly personal to a murderer in a press conference as the ISP Superintendent did yesterday. Not only did he get choked a couple of times, but raked his hair repeatedly. Everything about that presser was carefully planned and executed. I hadn't heard the families had left, but I would have almost expected it.
Now the reason I think all of this is because we have TWO suspect sketches done about the same time. What if ISP recognized the younger sketch immediately, and so familiar was the face, they withdrew it immediately with a "Nahhhh" conclusion? What if this guy is a known person, with no record, maybe in a trusted position in town? What if they have been watching this guy for 2 years as a POI, wanting him to slip up so they can actually tie him to the crime? If they don't have that tie, they can't arrest him even if they know for a fact he "killed those two little girls".
The Super said they have a witness, said "he (POI) would never expect for this investigation to go in a new direction, but it has."
IMHO ONLY, a good amount of the people in that presser know who needs to be arrested which was the reason for families leaving, a high powered ISP officer choking and raking hair. I heard nothing but pure frustration and boiling hot rage. Not the normal, almost casualness of any presser.

In the video posted on YouTube by RTV6, not all family members left after meeting with LE. Beginning at about 1:21, you can watch the reaction (of one of the girl's mothers) to the unveiling of the new sketch.

In the new photo, besides the hair what ONE or two things stands out as PROMINENT to everyone? What would a witness have made a point to detail about his face? I’m curious to know your thoughts.

Three things stand out to me in this new sketch that was released.

1. His chin is definitely different (perhaps because it is exposed and without hair). Resembles a "Jay Leno" chin type.

2. Tight, curly hair. Perhaps he is trying to change his looks and has a perm/shave/colored, etc. Probably avoids jeans and jackets like the one pictured.

3. Much younger looking than previously thought. It's as if LE had originally (this was the "original" sketch) considered him younger and more fit looking. IMHO, I would think he would have to be fit and slimmer to overcome two very active and fit young girls.

This sketch to me is what LE was referencing when they said "entirely new direction." Everything they said was scripted to speak directly to the suspect, IMHO.

His voice, to me, indicates he is 30ish. His carefree walk on that bridge is definitely indicative that he has been there before on many occasions (I would be down on all fours crawling across). Even the girls appeared more hesitant (Abby's photo) than he does.

IMO, he parked where he did to either stake out a subject for his very sick fantasies, or he was there to meet someone for a drug deal (he may be prominent and way under the radar concerning drugs, etc.) and he thought the girls saw something.

All this is my coffee induced thinking this morning. I believe this particular killer will be caught (soon) and will be brought to justice (I hope the death penalty). JMO, MOO

In the vocal recording just released:
I hear : "Guys"-->Male voice...."Let us"-->high pitched yell female sounding .."Go""-->high pitched yell female sounding...."Down the hill"-->Male voice
This is terrible, I hear it very clearly even if it is purposely muffled by Detectives....

The sketch to me is truly baffling. It seems like this is a completely different sketch from the one we were shown early in the investigation. Looks younger and it looks like he has wiry-course hair, like the kind that does not blow in the wind-it is piled up very high on his head, with no particular cut to it. His eyes are much closer together and more almond shaped. The eye lids come to the very edge. In MOO he could be a little of a Japanese or Chinese descent. The witness surely must remember if he had very light skin or dark skin. Or brown or black hair...Why don't they release more of a description of those traits?

Carter says a vehicle was parked at the old CPS/DCS Welfare building in Delphi on the east side of County Road 300 North, next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between noon and 5 p.m. February 14, 2017. No details about that vehicle were released, including make and model, color or license plate number.”
ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer

If this car was driven by the killer, it really changes things. Abby and Libby were dropped off at about 1pm. Did this person somehow know of their plans in advance? Or what was he intent - walking the trails and was this still a crime of opportunity? Or was he stalking them? What was he doing until 5pm? What caught the witnesses attention?

Considering LE didn’t release any information about the vehicle I think the sketch is close enough to reality to spark the attention of Delphi locals who hopefully are able to offer incriminating information that might’ve not seemed significant up until now. People who know this person will also know what kind of car he drives, a glaring detail presently being withheld by LE. I’m very optimistic an arrest is coming soon.

Hi All,

I’m from Australia, it just so happens I’m in Law enforcement and have experience with the Policing side of Homicides.

I can across this case from a podcast a few weeks ago, since then I’ve followed along to see how it progresses.

I’ve read a lot of responses from contributors on this thread. Fortunately I can clear a few things up, but unfortunately most of the cyber detectives are over analysing. :)

Remember this, ‘finding’ out who did this crime is half the process. The main process is ensuring a criminal conviction for police.

Therefore, the general public and even the victims families ARE NOT entitled or should be presented with evidence or possible suspects under any circumstances.

All evidence released, including sketches, audio, video, and in this case car siting, is to be done with a specific outcome in mind. e.g produce leads, further evidence, new suspects etc.

I saw people post, “why not release all the audio?”

Well... why, it obviously won’t help produce new leads. And/or the remaining audio evidence could taint jury if released. I understand you want to here and see the evidence, but bluntly, you have no right and all general public are to be treated as possible suspects/witnesses. Remember you aren’t trained investigators.

Finally, I watched the press conference and found it fascinating.

The press conference was directly aimed at speaking to the killer. My guess would be they have a short list of suspects or may even know 98% who it is.

Everything said in that press con was scripted by a FBI Profiler. It is designed to agitate and provoke the killer in to acting differently or saying something to someone that makes them stand out.

I’d also guess they may even have suspects under physical surveillance or recording devices.

Remember again, ITS ALL ABOUT THE CONVICTION. So they may only need some final concrete pieces of evidence.

That would fit in perfectly with the fact it was only 7 weeks ago they had the anniversary press con.

It’s sounds to me like things are very close.

- new audio, need another witness to come forward after recognise.
- new video, same reason as above.
- press con, push killer to say something on phone or start acting erratic, people notice.
- car siting, May need another witness to place killer in car earlier or leaving car. DNA.

My guess is that it was a random event, killer was probably driving past and saw them. Car won’t be registered so that is the reason it can’t be traced back to him and he dumped it. Killers act on impulse, very rare they plan.

Hopefully that helps! Be confident in the police, they are the experts. Let them do their jobs. Time to celebrate will be after the court hearings.

Thanks from Aus!
Wow thanks so much. So more than likely the 90 degree turn is we know who we just have to be sure we can get to the 180 degree conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge