ID ID - Terrence Woods, 27, missing, Penman Mine near Orogrande, 5 Oct 2018

Does anyone know if he used marijuana recreationally, as a lot of young people do. That can cause a panic attack even if there is no history of it. Here's what to do if you're having a panic attack while high
There really aren't many details released about this case, as I can find. What comments the rest of the production crew has had to say seem woefully inadequate, to me, though I suppose that the issue is more a matter of not much being released to the public. Yet even if this theory, marijuana related panic attack, were true, what became of him?

Really nice to know you are all still thinking of Terrence. He really was amazing; friends and I talk about him and hope that he's out there, taking photographs or videos and seeing the world through his creative mind. I think there are a lot of unanswered questions because despite being so loving and friendly and social, he was reserved about his private life - at least that's what I gathered from when we were in school. But what he did share with us made an impression on all of us. Keeping the hope alive is the most important.

I keep checking and hoping for some kind of update. I'm surprised there haven't been any published. I wonder if Terrance's disappearance is being "quietly investigated" or has just been dropped: "...adults have the right to disappear blah, blah, blah..." I sure hope it is the former. I seem to recall that his family was planning to hire a PI. I'd be interested in knowing what became of that. MOO.

The last media update of any kind is from April 6th on the Black and Missing, Inc. FB page which states that Terrence is still missing and that the Orogrande Sheriffs Office and the film crew refuse to talk to Terrence's Father. No mention of PI. The fund raising site for Terrence is still active and about 3/4 of what was requested has been raised which is for PI. I believe a PI was already hired but can't confirm it.

... the Orogrande Sheriffs Office and the film crew refuse to talk to Terrence's Father....

SBM - @siliconrod Can you kindly post the link here? I can't even find him listed on B&M's site and this is very interesting to me. Thanks.

ETA: I see now that you said it's their FB page (sorry, reading comprehension really is my strong suit lol...) Terrence is not listed on their own site.

MAY 1, 2019
Pankey disappearance one year later – ‘We’re not going to give up on this case’
[...]

“We always contact the cell phone carrier right off the bat for what information we can glean about the missing person’s movements,” Johnson said.

[...]

Such spotty or nonexistent cell coverage within Idaho County makes using this problematic as an investigation tool. The same situation occurred in the disappearance last Oct. 5, 2018, of Terrence Woods. The 27-year-old Maryland man was part of a film crew near Penman Mine at Orogrande when he ran off from the group. Woods reportedly had his cell phone, but it was unable to be tracked. No sign has been found of Woods since.

Both these cases involve common steps to spread the investigation net. Johnson explained investigators will contact Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to alert them if the person leaves the country on a commercial carrier. The individual will also be entered into NamUs (National Missing and Unidentified Persons System). Dental records may be sought at the investigation’s start, and later on, DNA may be sought from family to help in identification.

[...]

Just sharing that I came across some old group messages and had a nice memory/flashback of a time we all went out to a pub for drinks on Halloween. He had a Stella and was singing Mr. Brightside at the top of his lungs- it was loud in there, so that was normal volume. He really was Mr. Brightside- hope he knew that. The craziest thing, as I've mentioned before is that I want even super close to Tee, and yet he made such an impression. Sending you warm thoughts and thank yous for sharing your brightness, Tee.

After re-reading Terrence's thread, I'm inclined to believe he had a panic attack. Agoraphobic panic attacks are linked to a fear of places where it is hard to escape or where help may not be available, either in an enclosed space or in a wide open space. Median onset is age 20.

Agoraphobia: Symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and outlook

It seems Terrence was used to be being in large cities, and it's possible he had a panic attack associated with being in such a rural area. I think when Terrence started running, it was so unexpected that the bystanders had a hard time processing what was happening. That happened to me one time. I was driving down the interstate and a car was coming the wrong way towards me. I literally could not process what was happening until it was almost too late to move over.

I think it's likely Terrence just ran so far into the wilderness that he got lost and has not been found. :-(
All MOO and all that.

Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie
Tomorrow. My new #podcast series - a @fox5dc #MissingPieces mystery. Where is #TerrenceWoods? https://www.facebook.com/49727872493/posts/10157881379577494?sfns=mo … @UMDRightNow @blackandmissing @IdahoStatesman

D_hIodQX4AARe1L.jpg

D_hIodlXkAAcuGJ.jpg

5:50 AM - 15 Jul 2019 pst

10/11/18

COLLEGE PARK, MD -- Police are continuing an intensive search of the remote Idaho backcountry for a Prince George's County native who disappeared last week.

Terrence Woods was working on a film shoot last Friday near Penman Mine about 250 miles north of Boise. Idaho County Sheriffs said that Woods left the rest of his crew and disappeared over a steep drop.

"Several people were watching him," said Sheriff Doug Giddings to KLEW-TV. "He just decided to take off."

Police enlisted Air Force helicopters to help with the search, but a department Facebook post said bad weather kept them from flying Tuesday.

Pete Muntean‏Verified account @petemuntean
Pete Muntean Retweeted Sarah Jacobsen

Upsetting news from Idaho. Terrence Woods hasn’t been seen since Friday. He went to @UofMaryland’s @merrillcollege.

Pete Muntean added,

Sarah Jacobsen @SarahKBOI
The Idaho County Sheriff's Office is searching for 27 year old Terrence Woods. He was last seen near the Penman Mine on Friday. Anyone with information is asked to call the Idaho County Sheriff's office at (208)…
9:02 PM - 9 Oct 2018

MISSING: Maryland native on film shoot went missing in Idaho

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member