Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping for a miracle with AJ today. I’m trying extremely hard to keep my emotions in check here, but I’m so chapped right now I have to let a little out.......

In almost every case involving children being murdered or abused by a parent and/or their parents significant other child services, human services, LE and drugs are involved. Something drastic needs to change and it needs to change now! Our children deserve better and they deserve more from all of us. I’m done being sympathetic towards parents who are in situations that “might” not be in the best interest of their children.
jmo

His comment from yesterday.......within 24 hours all falls apart. Either he was made a fool, or he knew. I gave him the benefit of the doubt....

If it’s a confession police want, however, they won’t be getting one from Cunningham, Kililis said.
Yep she must have decided to talk against his advice. I think once LE found out dad hadn’t actually looked for AJ at said places the act was over. IMO

It was reported that mom and dad hugged at court yesterday. If I knew my better half killed my son even by accident I wouldn’t let him touch me ever

I was thinking they might have already located his body, but why all the standing around? There must be evidence to process, photograph, if that's the case.

More than likely waiting on judge to sign search warrant. They were trying to locate the owners early am. Everything lined up ready to go..,, just waiting

Yeah, my bad...wasn't trying to discredit your post...I guess just trying to add to it is all. What a horrible morning. :(

No no problem at all. I was just trying to make sure I wasn’t being confusing. Often my brain runs faster then I can type and I tend to skip ahead. I wasn’t offended at all just wanted to give a clear post. We’re all here because we care!

His comment from yesterday.......within 24 hours all falls apart. Either he was made a fool, or he knew. I gave him the benefit of the doubt....

If it’s a confession police want, however, they won’t be getting one from Cunningham, Kililis said.

Hmmm...
Re. the bolded portion : Kililis seems to imply that there could be a confession forthcoming -- just that she will not be giving one.
Which would mean JC knew all along and possibly contributed to the death of little AJ; or assisted in concealing him ?

Im still looking for the news video, but it was a video taken outside of the police station. All the reporter said about it was that Dad had said he couldn't afford an attorney and that it was expected that he would get a court appointed one.
Bolding Mine

Amazing in a sad way that some people cannot afford heat, food, and can barely keep a roof over their heads -- but they can somehow come up with the $$ to feed their addictions.
Like these people are master manipulators.

Sounds like LE may be close to finding him. Maybe someone talked ?
Although not JC.

Have to go but will check in later.
I wish with all of my heart that someone responsible could take the 4 year old and the unborn baby after he/she arrives.
Every child deserves a safe home .

HAPPENING NOW: @CrystalLakePD, McHenry Co. Animal Control remove dog from home where 5-year-old Andrew “AJ” Freund went missing last Wednesday. @cbschicago

Eric Cox on Twitter

(Video at link)

AJ had a large bruise on one CPS report, he stated the dog did it.

Wonder what else the dog did??

Whatever. Let's leave it. I just don't think the topic of this whole thread is about how difficult the life of an addict is. This thread is about a little boy who was likely died at the hands of his drug addled parents who had no business raising these children.

Honestly, I think we both agree on everything that was stated. I guess I am having a difficult time understanding the relevance of what you stated. Harsh maybe, sorry, this case is extremely upsetting to me. I keep seeing this happen to children when there are so many safeguards in place to insure this doesn't happen, yet the system keeps dropping the ball.

I think this thread is ALSO about Child Protective Services who were called multiple times to rescue these little boys and were involve in AJ’s life since he was born... if this is NOT a child who needed immediate protection, what is??? I have empathy for drug addicts, but I have ZERO empathy for drug addicts losing their child. They are NOT fit to be parents so removing the child from the home should be a priority to the sober people in this world. Why the heck didn’t Protective Services take AJ from this situation? It was obvious from day 1 he did not stand a chance. I’m angry because why do CDPS exists? To check houses full of needles, urine, feces, no heat, no food, fighting drug addicts and children under 5 and think: oh, they will be fine?!

I try to stay away from missing children related cases because I get so worked up over the stuff I read and I go into protective mommy-mode. Once I clicked on the first page of this thread, I knew there was no looking back....

So many missed opportunities to rescue these children before they became victims. Not just poor A.J. but all the little boys and girls who we read about and then cry for because their parents should have never had the privilege of being parents.

I have such a huge respect for those in Social Work, LE, the staff in school systems and the list goes on. So many times the efforts are made to contact the proper authorities to flag these suspected abuse cases and then the children fall through the cracks due to limited resources. This happens in Canada as well as the U.S. and these resources need to become a top priority!

A.J. may very well be gone, but let's hope that his little brother and unborn sibling get a real chance at happy childhood with a new family. Its the least they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave