Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere I read that father had his license reinstated on Monday or Tuesday of this week. He can practice under certain circumstances, which were not listed.

Did anyone else see this? I will go look for it.

Snipped for bevity

Understand though that a high percentage of addicts were at one point your average citizen until an injury happened where they were then prescribed narcotics..... fell off a roof, car accident, etc.
As their tolerance increased, the cost was too much, physicians stopped prescribing or not the dose they now need so they turn to heroin, crack, meth. It's cheap. Big pharm plays a role in the number of addicts we are contending with today , IMO.

Working in the medical field ... it can be infuriating what we see prescribed and happening on that side. There are measures in place to help prevent doctor shopping, polypharm, we flag high doses and call the prescribing physician and decrease or stop the narc scripts, and bring in pain management.Pain management monitors use and if there is any abuse , they are cut off which again leads to street drugs unless they decide to get treatment which they are then placed on suboxone or methadone. I could keep going but I will stop there.

Back to your point, the disability may initially have been valid stemming from an injury , but it then lead to addiction. We see this a lot at the hospital.
Whew! Long winded there.

MOO
Thanks for the explanation. It’s out of control in the US. I’m glad the government is finally cracking down on this.

Somewhere I read that father had his license reinstated on Monday or Tuesday of this week. He can practice under certain circumstances, which were not listed.

Did anyone else see this? I will go look for it.
I wonder if he will now be practicing behind bars. Seriously who would use this guy he’s so fraudulent, a retail thief just recently stole from Kohl’s.

I’m hoping for a miracle with AJ today. I’m trying extremely hard to keep my emotions in check here, but I’m so chapped right now I have to let a little out.......

In almost every case involving children being murdered or abused by a parent and/or their parents significant other child services, human services, LE and drugs are involved. Something drastic needs to change and it needs to change now! Our children deserve better and they deserve more from all of us. I’m done being sympathetic towards parents who are in situations that “might” not be in the best interest of their children.
jmo

Well said and I agree!

Following along with discussion but haven't posted. Having followed several sad-ending missing child cases, I tend to avoid them because they are so upsetting :mad: AF's disappearance reminded me of the 2018 FL case of Jordan Belliveau.

Found Deceased - FL – Jordan Belliveau, 2, Largo, 1 SEP 2018 #2 *mother arrested*

I'm in metro Detroit and will tune into live stream of the press conference at 1:00EDT. Thanks, everyone, for all the media links and updates on this case.

Perhaps a little wishful thinking on my part, but after I read about the horrible conditions the oldest son lived in, I'm wondering if someone spirited him off somewhere, maybe even the older brother? Well, unfortunately, that wouldn't make sense, as they would have taken the younger boy as well. Or maybe he was used in a transaction (I hate to say it) when they couldn't afford the drugs? Just trying anything to come up with some way AJ might still be alive. I know the odds are slim.

Typically, when I read these cases on here, they are far away. But this case, because I am local, makes me want to walk up to these people's door and demand to know where he is.
Duchess- might you have info in the trash pickup schedule in the area?
I was thinking the same thing, or maybe he did run away. In that document filed by the grandmother, it is mentioned that the older brother had talked about running away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member