Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this guy will end up being somebody blue collar

I could see him having a drug or alcohol problems as many murders do.

I think he will have a job that leaves his day open or some flexibility.

1. 3rd shift factory worker who was out hunting instead of sleeping.

I don’t believe BG is incredibly smart,or some skillful serial killer. He was simply just lucky enough to get out of the area before LE arrived imo.

2.A farmer. They have flexibility in their jobs and generally have freedom to come and go as they please. Especially if they are grain farmers with no livestock. February is usually somewhat slower time of yr for farmers, other than hauling stored grain out. Many farmers if they are married their wives work full time to carry insurance, leaving nobody to answer to at home. Last there are many farmers and farming families around Delphi.

I guess my point is I don’t believe he called off work that day or LE would have surely found that out by now. He’s most definitely local to the area in my mind, and I have thought that from very early on. He is truly hiding in plain sight! Jmo

All moo

I'm with you on all of this, I've always felt like he works as an electrician, plumber, roofer, something like that. Occasionally in Delphi but mostly in the surrounding area. A roofer in particular would be comfortable up on those tracks.

Walking with hands in pockets naturally reduces balance. Even just swinging them gently allows the body to easily correct tiny imbalances without realizing it. Try it, anytime we walk on uneven surfaces the first thing we do is use our arms. Imo he was EXTREMELY comfortable on that bridge.

I have not been following this case before now, so excuse my ignorance… But why in the world would it take over two years for this video and audio to be put out to the public who may have recognize this person?

And how exactly does shaming him make him come out of hiding? Seems to me saying "wait til everyone finds out what you've done" would push him further into hiding.

I agree, it could backfire, if the intent to shame is true.
Just seems like typical cop talk to me. We know....somyou msybas well come on in. But, they don’t know, or there’d be a name or an arrest. Jmo

Been reading this morning on Profiles of Murderers
interesting tidbits-
first time murderers tend to kill close to home;
Murderers are profoundly damaged psychologically and are driven
by devastating histories of trauma- abuse, domestic violence and
by other perils of childhood.
The scene of crime can give much info on type of killer-
was he an "Organized" killer, scene left reasonably orderly- these
tend to be higher educated, more intelligent. Pre-planned crime. Brought needed tools w/ him. Much forethought.

"Disorganized killer leaves chaos and disorder at scene- more
impulsive crime, less planning, used tools available at scene,
lower educated, blue collar or semi-skilled job.

How were victim's bodies left? Sometimes positioning of victims
can lead to motive or give hints about perp. Hands in praying
position can indicate religious affiliation. (was this why Carter
had so much religious talk during pc?)

Motive- were victims sexually assaulted? Were they beaten or
bodies mutilated? POWER was mentioned. Was this a generic
comment or related to method of killing?

I'll be back with more. wish we could get an FBI profile.

And how exactly does shaming him make him come out of hiding? Seems to me saying "wait til everyone finds out what you've done" would push him further into hiding.
He might be the type to react, to boast, or maybe taunt. Or, if he suddenly goes quiet when previously was interested in the case, that would be telling to. It was a deliberate tactic by LE...there must be a reason for it. Jmo.

So looking at the map, I think BG parked in the abandoned lot so his car wasn't as visible from the side road, or what I'm assuming is trailhead parking close by. From there he walks on the small trail that leads to the main Monon High Bridge Trail entrance, then heads towards the bridge. Does that sound correct?

Afterwards, he either took a shortcut through the woods to the road and walked the road back, or simply backtracked on the trail.

Questions:
1) Do we know where each witness saw him?
2) Has the man with a backpack walking on the road been discounted as false?

It might affect his daily (normal to those around him) routine to a noticeable degree maybe?
They weren't shaming him, they were speaking to his conscious. It's like how you talk to a kid, you avoid encouraging behavior while letting them know the issue. They want him dwell on the aspects that make him anxious, not the ones that feed his ego. He never outright called the guy a monster, he just let the perp know he is in his head, he is closer to him then he has ever been. He wan't the perp to slip up like acting weird at work, looking out his windows; any little change.

Last edited:
Does someone have the transcript of the PC handy?

I can’t view it from my region (uk)

It's an article about a young man being arrested for murder who left his victim in a shack. Two others were arrested and LE is still looking for one more person.

ETA appears there were 5 people involved in murder.

So looking at the map, I think BG parked in the abandoned lot so his car wasn't as visible from the side road, or what I'm assuming is trailhead parking close by. From there he walks on the small trail that leads to the main Monon High Bridge Trail entrance, then heads towards the bridge. Does that sound correct?

Afterwards, he either took a shortcut through the woods to the road and walked the road back, or simply backtracked on the trail.

Questions:
1) Do we know where each witness saw him?
2) Has the man with a backpack walking on the road been discounted as false?
If you look at the satellite pictures the woods around that road are so dense that you unless you drive up to a car on that road you aren't going to see it from the main road.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION
DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.
Jumping off this post to remind everyone that you need to call or email the police if you think you have a tip or have discovered a person who matches the sketch or sketches. DO NOT post what you think you have found here on the forum.

Take any and all sleuthing of non-POIs to your private conversations and DO NOT mention them here. It is a major TOS violation to sleuth non-POIs on the forum. It's even worse if you are implicating a minor child in your posts. And baiting is against our rules, so DO NOT hint that you have uncovered information that you can't share openly here.

If you think you know something, call the police.

Please read my previous post and look at that article!!

Do not do this. Please redact your link.

Another observation:

Nowhere have I heard or read anything about BG possibly having glasses, and neither of the sketches show him wearing glasses. To me, this further supports the "new" theory that he is younger than previously thought. Again, even if someone is familiar with the bridge and has crossed it many times, you better have damn good eyesight to walk it safely. Many people's eyesight gets at least somewhat worse as they age. My guess is someone 40+ would likely wear some type of eyeglasses to correct their vision.

Another possibility, does the age of various different witnesses also impact the age they’d guess a stranger might be? I think it definitely might. For example when I was a teenager I recall thinking certain adults were at least 20 years or more years older than me, only to later learn the age gap wasn’t nearly as great. Many decades later someone I think is in their 20s might indeed be 40. I think only people who’ve made it a study of guessing ages would make good witnesses when it comes to portraying an actual age through a police sketch.

They weren't shaming him, they were speaking to his conscious. It's like how you talk to a kid, you avoid encouraging behavior while letting them now the issue. They want him dwell on the aspects that make him anxious, not the ones that feed his ego. He never outright called the guy a monster, he just let the perp know he is in his head, he is closer to him then he has ever been. He wan't the perp to slip up like acting weird at work, looking out his windows; any little change.
Anxiety can be pretty obvious, though. I can't decide if we are agreeing, disagreeing, or mulling it over. :) But, good points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998