CA CA- Ermelinda Alvarado, 33, Stockton, April 2019 *Mother of 8*

doodles1211

Reaction score
57257106_10156262309042644_4359249152396230656_n.jpg

A Merced mother of eight has been missing for a week and her family is desperate for any information on her, according to her husband.

Ermelinda Alvarado has been missing since at least April 10, according to her husband, Jose Alvarado. He said Merced police told him last week that the 33-year-old’s car was found abandoned on eastbound Highway 10 near Blythe, a small town on the California-Arizona border.

“The more that comes out, I’m seriously really thinking she was taken. That she’s being held against her will or something,” he said on Tuesday. “Everyone’s just trying to deal with it the best they can.”

Capt. Bimley West said the woman was driving a rental car, which was found abandoned. It was unclear if she had her cellphone on her.

“We want to try to find her safe,” West said. “We’re doing everything we can right now.”

The couple had five children together and adopted three more, her husband said. The children range from 6 to 23.

Alvarado said he last saw his wife on April 8 when she dropped him at the Fresno Yosemite International Airport, and others told him they saw her a couple of days later, but it’s unclear exactly which day she went missing.

He said it would not be unusual for his wife to go for a drive for an hour or so, but to be gone for a week is unheard of.

Ermelinda Alvarado is 5-foot-4, about 100 pounds and has shoulder-length dark hair. “Contact me, the police. We just need to find her,” her husband said.

Alvarado said people who have information on her whereabouts can call him directly at 209-756-9431.

Police ask anyone with information about the incident to call Sgt. Rey Alvarez at 209-388-7705. Tips can remain confidential and you can remain anonymous.

Merced mother of 8 missing for a week. Car found abandoned | Merced Sun-Star

More photos and sm links at the link above...

More detail on this article. Very concerning!

Merced mother of eight goes missing, abandoned car found near Arizona

“We had a conversation for about five minutes and that was the last time I talked to her” said Jose Alvarado.

In that call Jose Alvarado says his wife tells him she's in Arizona.

“Well she says she wanted to go see me and she was on her way and I told her to go back and pick me up at the airport in Fresno.”

And if the car she was driving was found way south near the CA-AZ border, why does the family member think she is still in the “Merced-Ceres area” (according to that mercedsunstar article posted in the first post here).

If you read the entire post of that niece, she says “She’s not in the right state of mind. We do believe she is a threat to herself.“

Oh no.

In previous post it stated that she was not in her right mind, according to family/friend. Maybe, she took the rental car as far as she could without gas money?
Hubby says she called and stated she was in AZ to see him, but he told her to go to the Fresno airport to pick him up. Could that have set her off even more?
Did anyone see her after the husband was dropped off at the airport?

The latest report I could find. Still missing.
Growing mystery. Search for missing Merced mother of 8 leaves more questions than answers

It is hard to know the facts from the news articles. Inaccurate reporting?

According to the first post in this thread, the car was found on “eastbound Highway 10” near Blythe. Another place I read said the car was actually closer to Indio. Both cities are still in CA. But the husband said his wife said she was in AZ in their 4/10 phone call. So, did she think she was in AZ? I guess the car was relatively close to the state line, so this could be nit picky of me.

Then, this report I’ve linked here says,
A few days later, according to Merced police, a car rented to her was found near Blythe, which is close to the border.
A few days later from 4/10, from the way it is written.

Yet, later in the article they include a post from the Merced Police Dept FB page in which the Dept writes that the car was located
the same day Ermelinda was reported missing.
which would mean it was found on 4/11 since the post starts out by saying the husband reported his wife missing on 4/11. Maybe the newspaper meant a few days from when the husband saw her on 4/8 at the airport?

Then, as I wondered in my prior post, why did her family think she was still in the Merced area when the car was found somewhere between 409 to 500 miles away?

Frustrating trying to figure out the timeline on this case.

The tattoos of the body found were very descritptive. Did Ermelinda have anything similar?

The victim was identified as someone else:
Woman found deceased in Delhi identified

More details in this case certainly would be helpful. Why, for example, did EA call her husband on April 10 and say she was in Arizona? How can a mom of 8 just leave her kids and go on a seemingly random drive far away from home? And perhaps the biggest question: Was there proof of this phone call on April 10 to the husband, and can they verify that her phone actually pinged in the area? Who are the other people who claimed to have spoken to her after April 8 and what was EA's state of mind at the time? How was her marriage? I noticed her last two public posts on Facebook were referring to lies and deception. Could she have felt wronged or deceived by someone close to her recently?

Another quote from the MSM article linked by @scriabina:

Growing mystery. Search for missing Merced mother of 8 leaves more questions than answers

“This is consuming me [Mr. Alvarado] every day. The kids (too),” he said on Monday. “I’m not working right now. I’m staying home indefinitely until we have some news, some answers.”. . .The Alvarados had five children together and adopted three more, her husband said. The children range from 6 to 23.

“We honestly don’t know what to think. We don’t have too much information,” Jose Alvarado said. “We imagine every scenario that’s out there. We just want her to come home.”

The family has begun raising money to offer a $10,000 reward for any information and look to hire a private investigator.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back