SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Most of the estate agents/real estate companies out there have either english speaking staff or english staff. I would suggest googling agents in Estepona, San Pedro which is the next town along, or along the new golden mile Duquesa area where properties are slightly less expensive. If you are talking about a large villa - at least 3 beds with a pool, anywhere around that area, you are looking way over a million pounds in cost, so also if you have any idea if that is feasible or not would help. I think there are costa del sol directories online you can look at, or search on face book for properties on the costa groups as well to share photos in, but you could easily phone lots of agents up from home, make sure you don't ring in the middle of the day as usually closed.

Edit: just looked online, there are loads of estate agents listed, I personally would sit and call them all, see if anyone recognises their names. Also looked at villas out there, definitely think if they were looking they would be looking towards Duquesa, beautiful new villas being sold for around 500,000 Euros.

Last edited:
Just catching up here with all the post,questions and info.

In the meantime I was looking for an official Spanish politie report about their disapearence but so far... nothing!
Maybe I overlooked it,but the only press release I could find woud be more like ...,if they were there -wrong place, wrong time- scenerio,but that seems unlikely,since the investigation began in Spain six months ago...
Never the less,I thought I post it here:

'Five arrested in the province of Malaga and two more in Poland

The National Police dismantle in Spain a multicriminal organization that operated since 2009 in northern Europe

They have been arrested in our country for drug trafficking and forgery of documents but were wanted in Poland for murder, trafficking in women for the purpose of sexual exploitation, money laundering and belonging to a criminal organization

The Polish authorities considered them a very active group in specialized and violent crime, usually armed with knives, machetes or bats and a priority objective for the security forces of that country

The agents have dismantled a hydroponic marijuana crop in an industrial warehouse located in Estepona where they cultivated the drug that they later distributed in northern Europe.
Página oficial de la DGP-NOTAS DE PRENSA

I think that's a great idea! Did you use English terms to google them?

Yes, used google uk, and most companies are english anyway, couple below for reference. I feel it's a good starting point and something police might or should do but it's definitely time consuming. I would make a list of them all and maybe a couple of family members or friends could start ringing them, or even you could send out a mass email with their photos on to all of these companies as a quick start.

Property for sale in Estepona | Estepona real estate for sale

https://www.costadelhome.com/for-sale/estepona

Properties for sale in Estepona. Large selection of apartments and villas for sale in Estepona listed exclusively by verified real estate agents.

Estepona Property - Campomar Real Estate Agent in Estepona

www.campomarspain.com/

For almost 30 years Campomar has been one of Andalucia´s premier property agents. Our reputation has been built on fantastic customer service and ...

Estepona Real Estate, Marbella Real Estate, property, villas ...

https://www.esteponaliving.com/en/

Real Estate Agents specialized in Modern Luxury Apartments & Villas. ... ELND0062 - Apartment For sale in Estepona Centro, Estepona, Málaga, Spain. ... 781211 - Apartment For sale in New Golden Mile, Estepona, Málaga, Spain.
Livingstone Estates: Estepona properties and Estepona Real Estate ...

https://livingstone-estates.com/

Estepona Real Estate and Estepona Properties for sale in Estepona. Estepona real estate agents and estepona luxury properties for sale in New Golden Mile.

LE can trace the data of this wanted to buy a certain property-scenario with the log-in codes that @Laurynpoole has given them.

Favourites will pop up and last-viewed properties. Very valuable info.

My guess would be that DP might have been interested in a property somewhere inland based on the price level and the space available.

Spanish LE have done some amazing things with digital data in cases that I followed earlier. But it takes time to get the system into motion.

Also without wanting to appear nosey, was wondering about Danny's financial situation...

Had he sold a property recently, or come into money, or won money or anything like that, it could help understand whether he had a large sum of cash on him perhaps giving motive for robbery?

Have the police accessed both their bank details?

Also without wanting to appear nosey, was wondering about Danny's financial situation...

Had he sold a property recently, or come into money, or won money or anything like that, it could help understand whether he had a large sum of cash on him perhaps giving motive for robbery?

Have the police accessed both their bank details?

BBM

This is among the first things that LE does in case of a disappearance.

People and car gone missing--I'm back to car accident, maybe into water, maybe down an embankment, while looking into properties in the area.

Driving an unfamiliar car on unfamiliar roads?

Hopeful that phone and computer records reveal some new details, and a direction of travel.

Was it clarified whether or not Liam was in the car when surveillance video showed his dad driving?

Another angle to ponder, were the two of them - or only one of them - passionate about something? Old cars, old bikes, a particular sport, races, music, etc etc? One could look into whether there was an event in the area that might have interested them. I know for example, my husband would never pass on the opportunity to visit a gathering/event/race connected to bikes, and especially vintage bikes. He would drive 100s of km to see them. Maybe there was something going on that week in Spain they went off to see or even participate. Has it been established if they took anything of their belongings with them, like an overnight bag, toiletries, spare clothes, needed medication, etc?

@Laurynpoole @Pooleinquiry I just found this post on the verification thread and thought of you. Might be a good resource:

I would like to serve as a professional poster for International Affairs/Diplomacy. I served as a Foreign Service Officer for over 34 years, eventually reaching Ambassador rank. I have extensive experience working with foreign law enforcement agencies in Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Caribbean. I served as a police advisor in Peru and Colombia. Here is a portion of my official USG
<modsnipped personal information- please send your information to the link in Tricia's post above>

Link to post:

Verification process

I wish we knew if they were looking to buy a car (cash?) or a property or both.

The emails and history/phone should yield some info

They are not not hiking and sightseeing from what I've read, so that's out.

Looking at properties can be sketchy especially if you dont know the area and are in another country. The whole thing is very concerning for two grown men to go missing.

I wish we knew if they were looking to buy a car (cash?) or a property or both.

The emails and history/phone should yield some info

They are not not hiking and sightseeing from what I've read, so that's out.

Looking at properties can be sketchy especially if you dont know the area and are in another country. The whole thing is very concerning for two grown men to go missing.

As you said, two grown men, and a hire car, disappear completely.....i'm thinking if it had been a car accident they would have been found by now, car, noise, smoke, fire, broken barrier in road, tyre marks, all that sort of stuff - something would have been noticed by someone somewhere i'm sure.

They left their passports in the hotel, and if they had been registering with agents and seeing properties, possibly they might have needed the passports for ID?

It does look like someone dodgy is involved in this somewhere along the line, I just cannot see how 2 adult males and a car can vanish without trace, unless someone has made that happen.

i think almost 4 weeks with out finding the car (if it was a road accident) strange. the area is not like complete wilderness and the lack of bodies of water.

i am an awful driver and have driven a lot across many places Europe included, Spain (southern Spain also) was one of the most simplest of places to drive.

i am really wondering if they knew some one or people out there?

In my long time at WS, 95%+ of the cases I’ve seen of both people and a car missing are the result of a car accident. I think they’ve driven into water and have yet to be found.

Sorry but i just don't believe that, I know the area and there is no water apart from the sea which obviously has beaches that are busy, and have life guards, unless they drove up into the mountains and off the top of a mountain, i cannot see that as happening, really just so unlikely, as the roads are pretty good everywhere around estepona area, as a lot of new development.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back