Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had deemed the first sketch secondary on Monday. Is it possible that one of the new tips coming in since the presser has contributed to them ruling it out entirely? Maybe they didn't have concrete evidence to discard it entirely until something new came out, so couldn't say they were completely doubting it until that crucial info came in.

They had deemed the first sketch secondary on Monday. Is it possible that one of the new tips coming in since the presser has contributed to them ruling it out entirely? Maybe they didn't have concrete evidence to discard it entirely until something new came out, so couldn't say they were completely doubting it until that crucial info came in.
I think they just wanted to clarify that they are now focusing solely on this new sketch.

They are being adamant about that now.

Perhaps they are being flooded with tips that are pointing at people who resemble that old sketch.

Look back where I posted the jacket, I think it's either a draw string cord ruffled because of his nervous movements or the liner of his two layered jacket that has an outlined edge.
Yes, I thought maybe he wore a scarf, but on second thought, a scarf would indeed hinder him and possibly get left behind so I highly doubt my first thoughts on that now!

1 p.m. A family member drops off the girls at a trail near Monon High Bridge, an abandoned railroad bridge over Deer Creek.

2:07- Liberty German posted a snapchat photo of Williams crossing the Monon High Bridge.

3:15 pm- girls were meant to meet at the pick up

5:30 p.m. The girls are reported missing.

On Dr. Phil the Pattys talk about the timeframe of the murders and how they think they took place between something like 2:30-3pm. I don't remember the exact time period, but it's a REALLY tight one. Maybe someone can help me out on that?

TIMELINE | Disappearance and deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams in Delphi

‘Hiding in Plain Sight’: Police Release New Audio, Video Evidence in Delphi Murders of Two Teen Girls

I wonder if it is an extended family member? Who else knew where they were going that day? Was it common for them to go hiking all alone?
Sisters bf? friend of the family? Someone they recognized or even trusted?

What?! I don't know if Fox59 is confused but they are reporting some totally different things than we think we know:

Newly released sketch of Delphi murder suspect was drawn in 2017, source says

ISP said these points are important to keep in mind about the two sketches:

• They are not the same person
  • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch

From the transcript (for comparison): During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary as of today. The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch which you will see shortly is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls. We also believe this person is from Delphi. Currently or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 but might appear younger than its true age.

I think they just wanted to clarify that they are now focusing solely on this new sketch.

They are being adamant about that now.

Perhaps they are being flooded with tips that are pointing at people who resemble that old sketch.

Very possible. I do think there's a difference between saying "this sketch is secondary" and "this sketch is not our suspect" though. Minute, but still.

Very possible. I do think there's a difference between saying "this sketch is secondary" and "this sketch is not our suspect" though. Minute, but still.
Oh there’s a difference alright.

One leaves open that possibility.

The second all but closes the door.

They must want it closed.

I actually have tears in my eyes. Wearing headphones, the second clip- between guys and down the hill, I swear I hear a high pitched/ girls voice screaming "oh my goooodd! Nooo!" And now I cant unhear it. I hear it every time it replays and it is making me cringe and my eyes tear up.
I hear it also

Thanks. Other reporting has just confirmed this as being accurate.

Up until now, I thought they were different interpretations of the same man.

That old sketch no longer applies.

From your link as well:

“Investigators released the clarification on Wednesday, saying that the new sketch, which was created by a different eyewitness account, is now the person they are searching for.

"It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40's to 50's was a person of interest in the murder investigation," state police said. "Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, it is the belief of investigators with the multi-agency task force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22 more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German."...”

Agree with you. But if they get a tip about someone seeing a Mack truck there, you can bet that LEO will be meeting with that person in a hot second. I think that LE now has a good sense of what type of tip(s) contains the lynch pin. I really believe LE is that close.

My feeling is that they have a new piece of physical evidence that they need to definitively tie to BG.

Also, I want to comment on people's memories fading after 2 years. I cannot recall what I ate last week, but I can tell you everything that I did on September 11, 2001. That date was significant, and I will go to the grave with those memories burned in my brain. Similarly, the Justin Ross Harris case, which involved a dad leaving his son in a hot car, occurred just around the corner from where I used to work. That case drew me in from the beginning. I can still remember the heat from that day, etc. For the most part, ordinary days are forgettable, but when something significant happens, we have sharpened memories. I can guarantee that people in the area of the Monon High Bridge Trail on the day that two innocent girls were murdered in their quiet town remember what they experienced that day.
Well if I had read on, I could have saved my comment.

I think 2 years is too long to exactly remember what you were doing and what you've seen or saw on that specific day. I doubt new information like that will crack this case.

Yes, I thought maybe he wore a scarf, but on second thought, a scarf would indeed hinder him and possibly get left behind so I highly doubt my first thoughts on that now!
It's possible, but and looks that way sometimes. The sun is distorting the pixels in that area too so it's still a possibility. I do know that those thinner plaid wool button up tend to fold and zig zag if they are looser, they got that 90's messy grunge look, while still looking decent enough to not look like a bum xD. But i will digress by saying it's possible it's a scarf.

I think it is important to note that February 13, 2017 was an important day in Delphi. It changed the entire town. Much like “where were you September 11th?” The people remember where they were and what they were doing that day. So, if anyone was out near the trail at any time that day, they have replayed that trip over and over in their mind. The police don’t want to plant a memory. They want anyone who was out there to think through their day and recall a vehicle. And independent memory make a reliable witness. I don’t think 2 years is too long of time to remember details of such an important day. I can tell you little details down to what I ate and wore on 9/11.
Very good comparison! Many small details of my day and the days of family members are vivid in my memory of 9/11 even though I didn't know anyone in the towers or planes. I remember what people said too and how they reacted. Very vivid day in memory. Makes sense that people in Delphi remember 2/13-14 in the same way.

jmo

What?! I don't know if Fox59 is confused but they are reporting some totally different things than we think we know:

Newly released sketch of Delphi murder suspect was drawn in 2017, source says

ISP said these points are important to keep in mind about the two sketches:

• They are not the same person
  • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
Confusing. Doesn't match what I understood Carter to say at the press conference.....but I guess this is the info to go by?

So...the two sketches are NOT the same person and the more youthful one is of BG.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member