Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If DCFS wasn't involved at all you can rest assured they never would have even reported him missing.

I did wonder why they bothered to even call the police, they didn't give a flip, they had to have known they would be found out. But you are right, this is probably why. Just like with Casey Anthony, she would have never contacted the police until her nosy mother butted in. Gah, the evil in this world!

58375562_1409758529172413_2476165503614189568_n.jpg

58381359_1409758489172417_3937286778980925440_n.jpg

Pure evil monsters.

In looking at their mugshots, there is an emptiness in both of their eyes. They're devoid of emotion. God only knows what poor little Andrew went through, but at least their other sons will have a chance at a normal life. So glad they're behind bars where they belong!

Having followed 5 year old Lucas Hernandez case from last year, I knew as soon as it was reported that AJ was missing when they woke up, that this poor child was deceased. There are many similarities in the two cases. It just never stops--these babies keep falling through the cracks of a broken system. RIP dear AJ. Lucas, and many other little friends are there to welcome you to heaven.

For most of his short life, Lucas Hernandez was on child protection system's radar
Yes, I thought the very same thing, even the photos are hauntingly similar. So sad.

Haven't posted in a very long time but have jumped in from time to time and have followed this case since it's inception. Thank you all for keeping me in the know when I was able to get here. Bless this sweet child and may he fly with the angels!!

Based on the dogs being in the home and the police going in with a warrant and taking out a good deal of evidence multiple times, does it seem unlikely to anyone else that AJ died by assault? With assault to the point of death I think blood, yet why did the dogs nor anyone else find evidence or indications of blood over the course of the past 6 days?

I don't have a lot of compassion for Joann, but she is pregnant.

There is one bright spot in this horrible tragedy. She won't be able to further injure the baby girl she is carrying, and the child will NEVER be parented by her!!! Prayers for this child & little P.
Sadly, JMO but this baby will most likely be born with plenty of drugs in her system.

Also, it makes sense why they removed the shovel, bags of dirt, and tub/container. However, why remove the mattress?

I think basic forensics to determine if there had been evidence of cleaning of blood, evidence of drugs, maybe some determination of decomposition fluids, or other material to evaluate the time of death. It's not difficult to move and LE would likely want to secure it as evidence now against the statements of the parents

They don't have any autopsy reports yet, but the child's mattress would be a logical place be where AJ was placed when he was injured, moribund, or deceased.

Based on the dogs being in the home and the police going in with a warrant and taking out a good deal of evidence multiple times, does it seem unlikely to anyone else that AJ died by assault? With assault to the point of death I think blood, yet why did the dogs nor anyone else find evidence or indications of blood over the course of the past 6 days?

I'm not sure why they didn't take on the first search warrant. I've seen this in other cases. I think it depends on the scope of the search warrant. They have to have proof of a crime/reasonable suspicion to get a search warrant and I'm thinking it list what they are searching for. We have lots of laws related to search and seizure.

I am not a bit surprised that AJ is deceased. I am so glad they recovered his body. That little boy was failed by so many. What a sad shame!! I am curious to learn his cause of death as well as when he died. I believe the parents should suffer very serious consequences for their actions. The only positives I can think of are that, unfortunately because of AJ's loss of life/murder, is that the new baby will never have to suffer, (I Pray), the lifestyle and abuse that AJ did and I am glad that the child currently in foster care for the moment will not be returning to these two abusive killers. I am not sure of the status of the oldest child but at least he will be released from his parents grasp.

I am so angry at how our society and social service institutions operate with regard to the goal of "always protecting or re-uniting the family". This case clearly demonstrates the level of abuse and neglect that can, is, and will be tolerated before a child is finally in protection or removed from a neglectful environment. It just is hard to understand and accept. Had stricter standards been applied it is, IMO, very likely that AJ would still be alive.

The mother of AJ is clearly, IMO, in the throes of addiction but that, imo, doesn't give he a pass or an excuse. As far as any of us know, Mom could just be, in general, a mean and abusive heartless person regardless of drug or substance abuse. I do not know nor understand the Dad's issues but he completely comes off as a creepy and sleazy man.

Thanks for your post.

If we can’t take care of our own children, if shows our attention is in the wrong place.

I was abused by a stepfather at age 10,
And I remember the helplessness. Even though things are out in the open now (it wasn’t discussed when I was a child in the 60-70s. Children were “meant to be seen and not heard “)

This poor little boy only
Wanted someone to love and protect him.

Our system is
Broken.

I'm not sure why they didn't take on the first search warrant. I've seen this in other cases. I think it depends on the scope of the search warrant. They have to have to have proof of a crime/reasonable suspicion to get a search warrant and I'm thinking it list what they are searching for. We have lots of laws related to search and seizure.

Yes, that's correct. It depends on what the search warrant was for/what was allowed. They can be pretty specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88