Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its frustrating to learn that the composite sketch was not the correct POI, but all along LE has been asking the public, particularly those on social media, to stop making side by side photo comparisons and instead focus on the profile (not that I think an official one has been released). Moving forward I hope that is what people will focus on, especially knowing that the new composite sketch may not be 100% accurate, even if it truely depicts BG. Rather than a tip about a guy who resembles the composite, they are looking for tips about causasisan males in (or tied to) the community of Delphi that:

-Were unaccounted for on the afternoon of Feb. 13, 2017. (Can you think of someone who was late for work or missed an appointment?)
-Were familiar with the trail system and Monon High Bridge area. (Maybe a regular hiker, hunter, fisherman, nature enthusiast, bird watcher, geocacher etc...)
-Possibly changed their appearance shortly after the murder. (Did your son/husband/bf/neighbor suddenly cut his hair, gain/lose weight, grow a mustache?)
-Possibly changed their behaviour or routines. (Do you know someone who suddenly increased their use of drugs/alcohol or started having anxiety?)
-Might have shown an obsessive interest in the case. (Do you know someone who inserted themselves into the search or pressers or media?)
-Disposed of (or 'lost') clothing, shoes, and/or a bag around the time of the murders?
-Suddenly left town or moved away in February 2017?

I wonder if it is an extended family member? Who else knew where they were going that day? Was it common for them to go hiking all alone?
Sisters bf? friend of the family? Someone they recognized or even trusted?

I agree, I feel really uneasy about how this will end, afraid it was someone close.

Wasn't there mention of the girls stopping for a drink on the way? I always imagined someone standing in line behind them...listening to two beautiful, carefree girls chatter about going to the bridge.

But scratch that if the car they need identified was parked before the girls got there...

MHOO JMO

And classically on Twitter, two reporters are reporting different interpretations. One says the ISP clarified the sketches are the same man, and the other reporter says they clarified the first released (hat) sketch is no longer a suspect.

No wonder the public is confused. Confounds me how reporters can fail to comprehend reading, and their job is so vital to conveying info!
One thing is clear, the PC on Monday was not about sharing information with the public since they made the status as clear as mud to us. They were talking directly to the killer and those in his circle. And sought to generate new interest, tips.

Its frustrating to learn that the composite sketch was not the correct POI, but all along LE has been asking the public, particularly those on social media, to stop making side by side photo comparisons and instead focus on the profile (not that I think an official one has been released). Moving forward I hope that is what people will focus on, especially knowing that the new composite sketch may not be 100% accurate, even if it truely depicts BG. Rather than a tip about a guy who resembles the composite, they are looking for tips about causasisan males in (or tied to) the community of Delphi that:

-Were unaccounted for on the afternoon of Feb. 13, 2017. (Can you think of someone who was late for work or missed an appointment?)
-Were familiar with the trail system and Monon High Bridge area. (Maybe a regular hiker, hunter, fisherman, nature enthusiast, bird watcher, geocacher etc...)
-Possibly changed their appearance shortly after the murder. (Did your son/husband/bf/neighbor suddenly cut his hair, gain/lose weight, grow a mustache?)
-Possibly changed their behaviour or routines. (Do you know someone who suddenly increased their use of drugs/alcohol or started having anxiety?)
-Might have shown an obsessive interest in the case. (Do you know someone who inserted themselves into the search or pressers or media?)
-Disposed of (or 'lost') clothing, shoes, and/or a bag around the time of the murders?
-Suddenly left town or moved away in February 2017?

And not afraid of heights.

I don't know if this idea has been discussed or not. I have tried, but just can't keep up with the threads. My belief is that they got Parabon involved to analyze the DNA and come up with characteristics and a likeness. IMO They freaked out when that likeness matched this old sketch buried in their file along with the stuff about the car which probably came back to an owner with some connection to some guy that also looked like the new old sketch and the likeness. IMO, then, they decided to go genealogy, tied the guy to the general area, and are waiting to further narrow it down; within weeks. Then they gave one last chance at redemption to see what they could force out and are waiting to see whose behavior changes. This all just IN MY OPINION ONLY.

I am only on page 17 of this thread so forgive me if this has been posted. I'll delete if it has, once I catch up.

New MSM article states that the two sketches are NOT of the same person!!!

Delphi Homicide task force clarifies their reason for issuing a new sketch in murder case

Thanks! From your link, today’s press release:

In the press release it states it is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:

• They are not the same person
• The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
• The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
• The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
• This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch

Delphi Homicide task force clarifies their reason for issuing a new sketch in murder case

I don't know if this idea has been discussed or not. I have tried, but just can't keep up with the threads. My belief is that they got Parabon involved to analyze the DNA and come up with characteristics and a likeness. IMO They freaked out when that likeness matched this old sketch buried in their file along with the stuff about the car which probably came back to an owner with some connection to some guy that also looked like the new old sketch and the likeness. IMO, then, they decided to go genealogy, tied the guy to the general area, and are waiting to further narrow it down; within weeks. Then they gave one last chance at redemption to see what they could force out and are waiting to see whose behavior changes. This all just IN MY OPINION ONLY.

Could be! I hope you're right! I like this theory very much, and it's something that hasn't been said.

Looks to me like something very consistent w/the shape of a handgun in his right pocket (with grip end shoved in first) in the first one his right hand seems to be just above his waistband clutching the top of some long, straight thing shoved into the right leg of his jeans. I don’t think it’s a leg brace — I think it’s something that would come in handy if you wanted to beat someone to a pulp.
Yes, I think it's likely that he had more than one weapon.
Something in his pocket or hidden near his waist and another, such as a knife or other long weapon, under his pants. Jmo

From the artist (Trooper Bryant) of newly released, relevant sketch:

Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, a sketch artist with Indiana State Police who drew the new sketch, told IndyStar a sketch is based on how a particular witness describes the suspect. If there are several witnesses, Bryant would draw a sketch for each description. Bryant did not draw the sketch that police released in July 2017.

"The witness is the main focus. So there’s no input from law enforcement at all in the generating of a sketch, other than my presence as the artist."

Bryant uses a "facial identification reference sheet" that has a list of different categories, from head shapes to different eyebrows and noses. The person will describe the suspect based on those categories. "(It's) easier to do that than to describe (the suspect) using just words," Bryant said.

The sketches are not exact, Bryant said. The renderings are a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."

The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant.

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

ETA: Artist Trooper Bryant makes it clear that his drawing is from one witness only, and offers technique details as if to distinguish his method from that of the suspect sketch first released by LE.

Makes me wonder if sketch first released was not a composite sketch built from the accounts of several witnesses interviewed between Feb - July 2017, and LE favored this approach for the public release.

MOO

What was the DNA technology that was discussed earlier, Parabon? Could it be that’s what prompted the switch from the first sketch to this one now being put forth as the suspect? I missed a lot of that discussion so just a thought.

I don't think they knew for sure until recently. They can't just go pick him up until they have enough evidence to ensure a conviction.
Knowing who he is is only half the battle. They need the evidence to convict. I think that's what they are waiting for. Hopefully it won't be long.
By now the killer knows that it is only a matter of time before they come for him. Jmo
MsBetsy, do you think it’s possible that they identified him using means that maybe wouldn’t be admissible, or would be considered ill-gotten legally? Sort of a “fruit of the poisonous tree” situation? Now they need verifiable tips and other evidence to lead them to what they already know? It just seems that they are so specific about what makes a good tip, and that they don’t need new investigative tips. They need that face, that car, that driver.... Just a thought.

When this press conference was announced, that was my hope.

Had they contacted Parabon though, we’d have much more specific information.

They also likely would have released one of those Snapshot images that Parabon does.

I keep bringing up this case, but it is local to me and was the first time I had heard of Parabon.

During a press conference in the Vanessa Marcotte case, the DA stood up and told Vanessa’s killer, “we have your DNA.”

He didn’t release an image, but he gave a specific description from Parabon’s analysis.

It included age (down to a couple years), race, skin color, height, and body type.

The lack of that information here, makes me think that they haven’t gone that route. Likely, because it isn’t possible.

Last edited:
Warning graphic picture in link
I believe the man on the bridge may have one of these under his pants on his right leg. I've sent this to the tip line yesterday. See picture #2 from the link.
"Condom catheters, Uridomes, Texas catheters or External catheters. They can be connected to a drainage bag or alternatively a catheter valve if your leakage is very light."
Sheaths
What do you guys think?
I think it's more likely a weapon.
But then again, you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics