CANADA Canada - Bowmanville, Ont, Black/S. AsianFem 18-30, 90UFON, near freeway, Oct'06

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but if the UID underwent rhinoplasty, her nose could look very different from the recon. I know noses aren't an exact science anyway, but clearly her skull indicated that she had a large nose. Rhinoplasty could have changed this.

Welcome to Websleuths, Not In My Backyard :welcome4:! Unfortunately beyond individual submissions we don't know who has or hasn't been compared and/or ruled out as being this UID. Apparently in Canada this kind of information isn't commonly disclosed to the general public. I believe earlier on in this thread there was a poster who was in contact with an investigator on this case who asked if there was a list of rule outs available and they were told that they could not release any names or other information to them.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but if the UID underwent rhinoplasty, her nose could look very different from the recon. I know noses aren't an exact science anyway, but clearly her skull indicated that she had a large nose. Rhinoplasty could have changed this.
Several of us previously raised this issue and have questions over how accurate the depictions in the official composites are. I posted my opinion specifically on this earlier in the thread (post #196).

Bumping with a minor update, I hope I'm not annoying everyone by posting here too frequently. I recently e-mailed the National Center for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains (NCMPUR link: http://www.canadasmissing.ca/index-eng.htm), basically the Canadian equivalent of NamUs, a brief message about similarities between the two cases (this UID and CZ). I got a response that the information had been forwarded to the appropriate agency and was given contact information for the missing person's end. Then sent another, more detailed message their way as to why I believed the two were a match. This was about two weeks ago and so far have not gotten a reply.

Does mp. Nancy Kirkpatrick's teeth, look similar to Darlington UID Doe?

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...a-Falls-21-April-1976&p=10476210#post10476210
Yes dotr, teeth look similar, and also Nancy was born in January. Birth stone for January is garnet, like the ring found.
Although Nancy could be too old, was born in 1960, in Montana, USA.

Side by side images:
attachment.php

other images for Nancy:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2452dfmt.html

sources for images:
http://api.missingkids.org/poster/NCMC/602231/1
http://www.missingadults.ca/viewUAcase.php?case=ON-UF-2006-10-00011

Attachments

• bowmanvilleNancy.png
    bowmanvilleNancy.png
    410.6 KB · Views: 258
Bowmanville Jane Doe has been unidentified for 11 years today.

Hello, I was the poster who sent many names to the RCMP about this Jane Doe, I even live close to where she was found (less than 10 minutes away now)

I have sent many people and I either get no response or no update, I have given up because Canadian police treat you like a criminal when you try and help. Actually just recently I emailed a journalist about a piece he wrote on a missing person, and this woman had damage to her face just like the UID in Guelph. The journalist told me to send the tip in and I declined, told him he could do it. Not dealing with that crap.

April 2 2019
FEATURE Missing in Durham Region | The Oshawa Express

This map shows the location of where unidentified female remains were found in Clarington in 2006. (Photo courtesy of DRPS)
"On Friday, Oct. 27, 2006, a man discovered human remains while walking in a field near South Service Road and Holt Road in Clarington.

Officials from DRPS and the coroner’s office completed an archaeological dig of the area and located further remains, as well as a ladies watch.

Further investigation in 2010 revealed more remains, and new items, including a ladies gold ring, two diamonds, a multi-coloured short-sleeved shirt with a hood, and a portion of a pair of grey track pants.

Police believe the remains belong to a woman between the age of 18 to 30, and the remains were at the recovery scene between two and 10 years, or possibly longer.

A positive identification of the woman has yet to be made.

While having a friend or loved one missing is a heartbreaking situation, history shows there is always reason to keep hope alive."

I always think of this poor woman, she's not in the news enough. They should honestly use the DNA sites and find her relatives, but the Durham Police don't seem to care.

I'm so glad the journalist had her in their thoughts too, maybe someone will come forward.

Last edited:
Could this be her???? Age is off, but could it be possible? Just reported missing this month, and went missing in 04.

Edit: she's 60 now, but she was 45 when she went missing. FYI Bowmanville is on the way to Peterborough if you take the 401​

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191010-222318.png
    Screenshot_20191010-222318.png
    494 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Opp just emailed me, apparently they're sending the tip to the Durham police. The Toronto police asked for the photo of the unidentified earlier but I haven't heard anything since.

This is the quickest response I have ever gotten, so I think they're really looking into it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back