Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a lot on the forums but I never comment. But I wanted to see if I'm crazy or my imagination is getting the best of me. But when I listen to the recording with my headphones on I hear a distorted voice saying "Libby (or Abby) he's got a gun". I think LE intentionally distorted the voice so we wouldn't hear that part. I'm one of those people who also watch ghost investigation shows and can always pick up on the EVP recordings and hear what the the show says it says, before they say what they think it says. My thought as to why they didn't originally release the "guys" part of the recording is they thought the "Down the hill" would be enough without having to do any kind of editing of the recording. Anyone else hear this?

Welcome to Websleuths. Thank you for joining us. You are not alone in hearing this other people online have posted about hearing the same as you.

When this press conference was announced, that was my hope.

Had they contacted Parabon though, we’d have much more specific information.

They also likely would have released one of those Snapshot images that Parabon does.

I keep bringing up this case, but it is local to me and was the first time I had heard of Parabon.

During a press conference in the Vanessa Marcotte case, the DA stood up and told Vanessa’s killer, “we have your DNA.”

He didn’t release an image, but he gave a specific description from Parabon’s analysis.

It included age (down to a couple years), race, skin color, height, and body type.

The lack of that information here, makes me think that they haven’t gone that route. Likely, because it isn’t possible.

I think they wanted him to know they were close, but didn't want him to know HOW close because they are likely watching the ones they have it narrowed down to and don't want to blow that by releasing any Parabon connection. They are just not quite there yet. Again, this is all just my conjecture.

Ok, here's my 2 cents plus a little more. I'm going to go ahead and post it even though it may be moot by now. I've been reading for 3 days straight and am still almost 300 posts behind. I've been back and forth for several days now on either the cops have no idea who did this or they know exactly who did this. I'm now 99.99% certain they know exactly who did this, and BG now knows they know. After reading all the posts (except the last 300 or so!) and watching all the videos, some multiple times, is how I come to that conclusion. I think since this will most certainly be a dp case they have to make certain their case is air tight and what they are asking the public for is to tie up a few of the lose strings they don't want any defense atty to get a good fix on. I think they are giving him two weeks to give himself up with a plea to life or for his wife, gf, mother, etc. to realize this and give up what they know, she is probably terrified. I can't give enough kudos to the fellow sleuther who has done the enhancement videos, I gained so much perspective and knowledge from those and that helped me form my conclusions. The enhancement that is black and white, I believe the last one, really puts it all into perspective. Look at the very end where he is turning his head and his face is lifted up and becomes visible, however very fast it is. He clearly is in disguise. I can see a probably fake mustache, and sunglasses very clearly. I'm assuming he is also wearing a wig, since the mustache seems so very fake to me. Thus, in comes the backpack. And why he hasn't been caught in over two years. The first sketch is BG who the police now know with new evidence that this is for sure the killer. No one has recognized him because that is his disguise which he keeps in the backpack. He came to that bridge that day to kill IF he found a suitable situation. It was a nice day on a weekday and thought he might finally get his chance. He saw the girls get dropped off, they kept to themselves, didn't hang with other kids and he had his target, got his backpack where he hid it and put on his disguise. And now you can see why the hair is different in the two sketches, part of his disguise is a straight haired wig and mustache. His voice sounds to me someone in the mid 30 range to maybe mid 40's. He doesn't have a wounded leg or any of that stuff. He moved on them on that bridge very fast and got in and out of the woods and the creek fast. Libby's father said it was all done very quickly. The policeman specifically said not to pay attention to how he walks, he walks that way because of the bridge, pay attention to his other mannerisms and his disguise. It's such a shame our kids can't just be kids anymore and do their thing, neither can adults for that matter. It seems like we all need to be wearing body cams all the time. May not stop a killer from doing what they think they have to, but at least families and police will have a better idea of what happened to you. I can't imagine the pain and horror these families and friends and the entire community have been living thru. And as they say, teach your children well. Study up on the behaviors of predators and don't give them their opportunity.

that's not how parabon works the artists are guessing how they think the person might look due to some of the traits. Seriously how does no one notice they are all of the same guy? Nice little racket
230117_parabon_snapshot-suspect-portrait.jpg;w=960;h=640;bgcolor=000000
5b4335e633b0c.image.jpg
That is patently false. It involves advanced algorithms that have been proven to generate some damn good matches.

Parabon® Snapshot® DNA Analysis Service - Powered by Parabon NanoLabs

Their analysis has helped to solve many recent cases, to include the genealogical research that brought down Golden State.

Last edited:
MsBetsy, do you think it’s possible that they identified him using means that maybe wouldn’t be admissible, or would be considered ill-gotten legally? Sort of a “fruit of the poisonous tree” situation? Now they need verifiable tips and other evidence to lead them to what they already know? It just seems that they are so specific about what makes a good tip, and that they don’t need new investigative tips. They need that face, that car, that driver.... Just a thought.
Welcome Ms. Leah!
I think it's possible that they have a very good idea of who the killer is and just need solid evidence to prove it. How they came to that conclusion, if so, remains unknown but there are many possibilities, I'm sure.
But I think they consider all tips important. They have made many statements about the importance of calling in any tip, even if the caller thinks it may not be important.
I think what they do not want are callers suggesting how they should conduct the investigation, in general.
And I agree, they are very interested in hearing from anybody who knows anything about that car! It may be the one piece of evidence they need, apart from a witness who is close to him and knows he is the killer because he told them, or can give other details pointing to him being the killer. Imo

I disagree. That was a huge day. People drove by that area that day and then later heard about the girls “lost” and then later murdered would think - I just drove by there. Did I see anything amiss?
Someone may have noticed the car at the abandoned cps building- they may have known who owned it but didn’t think anything of it because he didn’t resemble the sketch.
I don't think they are really asking the general public for what vehicle they remember seeing there that day. They are asking specific people to confirm they saw X's car parked there that day.

I don't think they are really asking the general public for what vehicle they remember seeing there that day. They are asking specific people to confirm they saw X's car parked there that day.

Or sending a message to the killer that "we know your car was parked there that day because someone already told us."

Please help me out because am still confused about this to this day.

1) Do they have DNA of the suspect from the crime scene?

2) If they do not in fact have DNA from the crime scene, realistically, how could they solve this case short of a confession?

I think sometimes we get way too caught up in television shows like CSI.
Inconsistencies in the story of a POI, fingerprints, alibi's proven false, eyewitnesses, someone caught on video surveillance, fibers, items in possession of someone that should not have them, confessions to family/friends, cellphones., skin underneath the fingernails, photos of a POI that show injuries just after a crime, shoe impressions, recovery of murder weapons, . and more .
DNA evidence can also lead to wrongful arrests in some cases.

Edited by me to add a few items.

Last edited:
LE told us to ignore the limp because it's a bridge that's hard to walk on. I just thought about this. Who gave the info for the other sketch? I think perhaps that person covered up for the real BG. They must have convinced LE very well of their "memory" and the sketch fits the video of the BG so well. Perhaps someone came forward or they got a familial DNA match to the person who gave the eyewitness account. OR like they said the man in the sketch was not part of the crime. They found that guy and he happens to know the eyewitness. Or the eyewitness simply remembered seeing that man but obviously not in that clothing. Maybe's why the families were so upset, they realized they've been duped this whole time. And LE is so confident now because they believe when this new sketch hits the public they will get their guy very soon. But then why didn't the witness who gave the 2nd sketch say anything to LE that the first sketch was total BS. This is such a strange case.

Warning graphic picture in link
I believe the man on the bridge may have one of these under his pants on his right leg. I've sent this to the tip line yesterday. See picture #2 from the link.
"Condom catheters, Uridomes, Texas catheters or External catheters. They can be connected to a drainage bag or alternatively a catheter valve if your leakage is very light."
Sheaths
What do you guys think?

You are not alone in thinking this. I have wondered if he has a catheter and leg bag on to collect urine. I have had to have wear one years ago and BG’s trouser leg looked like mine with it on.

We’ve seen in case after case, LE does not routinely share more info with families. And if they do, it’s very minor details. As soon as they do that, they are no longer in control of information. It just takes one innocent family member to slip a few words in a moment of grief or manipulation to cause a huge problem in a case. LE usually does not take that risk. They want perps caught and punished and nothing more. I do believe BP has confirmed on FB that the family doesn’t have more info. Moo

In the case of crimes against independent adults, I agree not so much would LE involve families. But Abby and Libby were still minors who’s respective parent/grandparents would presumably know who they associated with and most everything they did from morning to night everyday of the week. While police wouldn’t share evidence with them, I think they’d certainly seek information from them far beyond, for example, a person who called the tip line. LE gaining information pertaining to the victims is what often what can lead directly to the perp.

Both families have continuously supported the efforts of LE throughout this investigation and I’ve noticed nothing but respect directed the other way as well. I think it’s presumptuous if anyone concludes the families may have been “upset” because of suddenly learning what LE intended to deliver at the press conference. It could’ve been they became overwhelmed by the many reporters present who were overly aggressive in questioning them about what was the “significant new direction” before the PC even began. JMO

that's not how parabon works the artists are guessing how they think the person might look due to some of the traits. Seriously how does no one notice they are all of the same guy? Nice little racket
230117_parabon_snapshot-suspect-portrait.jpg;w=960;h=640;bgcolor=000000
5b4335e633b0c.image.jpg

"Racket" or not, a parabon image caused a suspect to confess and turn himself in. He is now serving life in prison for a murder he committed. I believe if it wasn't for the parabon image being released, he would not have turned himself in. Jmo

Parabon is amazing and I think it is going to be very helpful for solving cases jmo

Lake Brownwood man, 22, sentenced to life in prison after plea deal finalized Friday

Last edited:
Total transparency on what, exactly? And oversight from which segments of the public? Releasing more of the a/v? Updating on investigation strategy and history? COD and detailed autopsy info?

What police disclose in a murder investigation and when they choose to do it may well deserve discussion and incur oversight, IMO. But the idea that total transparency and public oversight are required in every case, and in real time is genuinely worrying to me. A quick scan of SM relating to this and other high-profile cases suggests that transparency can derail a case and that the public are often wrong and even malicious in their accusations. The need for public involvement and engagement is very different from case to case, surely.

Great question. The public needs to know any information that puts them in danger such as this detailed composite of the killer and the make and model of his vehicle. In my opinion, in unsolved cases it's not because the right clues aren't there but the right sets of eyes haven't assessed in the information.

You are not alone in thinking this. I have wondered if he has a catheter and leg bag on to collect urine. I have had to have wear one years ago and BG’s trouser leg looked like mine with it on.
Most of them seem to have a thin tube but this one has a larger diameter tube which is in line with what I see in the video.

I hate to point this out, but rape does not always involve a penis.
I hear it too now that you say it. Honestly, I did not think that I would, but I can definitely hear what you are hearing.

I believe that this is what is currently happening in this case. LE released the information about the car and the second sketch to get someone to come forward with that one piece of information that they need. I believe that LE recently acquired some piece of physical evidence (maybe from the car iteself?), and they can now say with confidence that the investigation is headed in the right direction. However, they are still missing something to "assure" a conviction. I think that we will have an arrest within two weeks.

As an aside, the comments from the PC that do not make sense to us make sense to the perp. BG knows exactly what was being said and why it was said. We should know in due course too.

I do not think that either girl was raped since I suspect that they do not have any semen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998