Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: sketch #1 now being thrown out of the equation

I think something (tip? further investigation?) has occurred between Monday's PC and today's announcement that caused LE to eliminate sketch #1. I don't see this latest development as LE messing up the info they release. I think they are getting whatever they need from the public, and are closing in on BG. Plain and simple.

I just came into a new thread, and 59 new pages. What new information or announcement did they release today?

I agree. I keep wondering if there are two Perps - a father and son duo. I know there has been absolutely no indication by LE that this is even a possibility, but I just can't seem to reconcile the video and the new sketch. BG looks much older. I just don't know....baffled.
Amateur opinion and speculation

other posters have thought the same thing.

what if father and son were both in area.
Perhaps they arrived in the car which was then parked and for some reason each went their own way to meet up at a later time.
One witness saw the father and the other the son.But only one of them was involved in the murders.

Seriously! I don't think I'd be as shocked if LE told us the person in SWAT gear didn't kill Missy Bevers as I am about this!

Missy's case brought me to this one...both have footage of suspect but still unable to resolve the case. I even thought could it be the same guy.

Why would Carter specifically mention a random book/movie at an important press conference unless it were connected. Serious question.

jmo

Perhaps I'm the only one, but I I got the impression he was talking about the movie, and then he was talking about the Bible. Because his quote was exactly

" I recently watched a movie called The Shack. And there's also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity. To the murderer, I believe you have a little bit of conscious left."

I've always just assumed since I heard it when he said there's also a book that talks so well... He was talking about the Bible. Just goes to show everybody interprets things differently.

Thank you. I was hesitant to ask how it would be expected a man 20-30s years old would dress in rural areas of Indiana when walking on a trail in mid February, if not similar to the photo.
It's all men, regardless of age lol. My dad died when was 82 and I still have his blue jeans and barn jacket (craft project).

Starting over...

* BG is in 20s or 30s with a young look
* Full head of thick hair
* Pointy chin
* Hooded eyes
* Walks with hands in pocket
* Seems familiar with walking across the bridge
* Parked car at abandoned building near the trail sometime between 1-5pm the day the girls were murdered
* A witness has provided info (but we don't know if this is a "new" witness or a new direction on "old" info
* BG as local ties, possibly lives in Delphi or has reason to visit
* Seems to have some religious (Christian) affiliation
* Something about the crime has some sort of connection to The Shack movie and/or book
* Press conference announced before Easter weekend and held the day after Easter
* Carter expressed sadness and anger. Said he thinks of the girls and always will.
* Carter referred to Libby and Abby as "little girls"
* Carter said LE likely has interviewed BG and/or someone in his family
* Carter mentioned that this is all about power for BG
* Carter suggests that BG didn't want the investigation to change direction, but it has. Emphasized this.
* Carter said that the way the girls were left is not how they are now.

So...if you were reading this with fresh eyes, what would you think?

jmo

I think BG is male, and fair skinned (probably Caucasian). This is obvious from Libby's video.

BG looks like a highschool senior or college kid, but his voice sounds mature. I'm guessing he is in his late 20s. JMO.

I think BG is a member of the Delphi community (not a transient), but not necessarily a full time resident. This has been asserted by LE, and makes sense in the context of the killer having to be familiar with the trails and bridge.

I think BG is youthful in appearance and clean-cut, leading me to infer that he has led a somewhat privledged lifestyle. I think he would look more aged if he were an addict or alcoholic or homeless. This is just my opinion based on how I reacted when I first saw the new composite.

I think BG either owns a vehicle or has access to one. This is based on the reference in the presser to the parked car, and LE seeking tips about the identity of its driver.

I think BG is in a relationship of some type, and is likely a husband/father and/or son. This is in reference to Carter's presser referring to Abby & Libby as 'little girls' as well as stating something along the lines that the people close to BG will be shocked and horrified when they learn of his brutal crimes.

I think it is possible that BG is religious. This is based on the timing of the presser (Good Friday/Easter Monday), as well as the references in the presser to The Shack, and appealing to his conscience. It could be a stereotype, but I often assume that people from a small town are religous and that many of their community activities revolve around the church.

I think BG has been blending in with the community since the murders. This is based on Carter's reference to 'hiding in plain sight'.

I think BG either owns or has access to a gun or recently bought/sold one illegally. This is based on my gut instict that a gun was used to control the girls, but not necessarily to kill them.

I think BG is comfortable in nature and may be outdoorsy (camper; hiker; hunter; fisherman). JMO based on the crime being committed in the woods.

I think BG may work in a position of power or authority (LE, teacher, coach, youth pastor, government figure etc...). This is based on the information at the presser stating that this is about 'power' to BG.

I think BG may have been feeling very powerless in his life back in Feb. 2017, and experienced a traumatic event (divorce, death in family, loss of job etc...) that led him to be angry, anxious or experience a bout of mental illness. JMO based on the notion that a 'sane' human would not brually kill two innocent children.

I think BG had the opportunity to commit this crime on a Monday afternoon without anyone being overly suspicious, which leads me to believe that he is/was unemployed, a seasonal worker, a shift worker, on a paid or unpaid day off, or works in close proximity to the trails.

I had hoped Facial Recognition Technology would have cracked this case by now and the Terry Beavers case. So shocked it hasn't by now.

As @dotr mentions and I certainly agree - it will help - now that they are using the sketch from 2017.

The F.B.I. and the IIFC can even utilize the various filters for results for a certain area of the country.

As I mentioned upthread, the F.B.I. have used police sketches with these programs.

"The Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center uses facial recognition technologyfrom Vigilant Solutions to assist local, state and federal agencies in generating leads to identify persons of interest and solve crimes, large and small."

"Sgt. Jeff Carmin has spent most of his career in the more traditional roles of two city police departments and the Indiana State Police, performing traffic and criminal investigations throughout the state. He is now the director of operations at the Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center (IIFC) in Indianapolis."

How facial recognition solves cases in Indiana

Face Recognition

Last edited:
Maybe this technology was utilized?
Would not be surprised if the perp has started wearing glasses, imo.

Facial Recognition Could Help Identity People When They Are Disguised | Digital Trends
facial-recognition-4-720x720.jpg

"Engineers at India’s National Institute of Technology and Institute of Science and the U.K.’s University of Cambridge have developed a facial recognition framework that can identify even people who actively obscure their faces.
“This system can be used to identify a person even if they are disguised,” Amarjot Singh, from the University of Cambridge, told Digital Trends. “This can be used to identify criminals trying to disguise their appearance to avoid law enforcement. The problem of Disguise Face Identification (DFI) is an extremely challenging and interesting problem that is of great interest to law enforcement — as they can use this technology to identify criminals.”

The deep learning-based system works by identifying 14 key areas of the face, including 10 for the eyes, three for the lips, and one for the nose. It is capable of estimating these even when they are obscured in some way. It then compares these readings to images to find a match. In early tests, the results were 56 percent accurate at finding the right person when their face was covered with a hat or scarf — although this dropped to 43 percent when they also wear glasses. Those figures are not going to be considered evidence in a court of law anytime soon, but they could certainly help police narrow down a search."
Awesome! These are the things we should be discussing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd