Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Driver's Licenses be used for this Facial Recognition tool ?....moo
I’m pretty sure it can. In my state, when getting a new Real ID Act drivers license, I was told to remove my glasses. When I asked why, as I always wear them, they said the new licenses are specifically used for facial recognition. I don’t think all states are compliant just yet regarding these new licenses. Moo

ETA: I just checked, Indiana is compliant.

Last edited:
I don’t know because I don’t know for sure how they determined reddish brown hair and not blue eyes. But I think it was from an eye witness. Was it from the eye witness that they got the new drawing from, 3 days after the Murders? We need to know what we’re looking for. Jmo

So the old sketch of the paperboy wearing guy and the new (to the public) long jaw sketch is not of the same person.

Former FBI agent and ABC News contributor Brad Garrett said the new sketch likely came from a new witness -- "someone that's come forward, maybe alleging to have actually seen the guy they're looking for."

Mystery deepens as officials search for 'key' in girls' murders

Interesting to me from the new information, mainly the car and the new sketch, is where did the new witness see the guy behind the new long jaw sketch? We know the sketch was made close to the time of the crime.

IMO the individual would have used false authority to get the girls off the bridge and then pulled out a weapon to control then when out of sight of anyone that could come up the trail behind them. I can imagine him pulling out a fake badge and directing them off the bridge.
Using false authority to direct them would go against the idea of this individual being known to them as well as being a homeless drifter. I can’t imagine the girls not trying to run or scream or fight if a homeless man approached them in a threatening manner. Again IMO.
If he looked weird then they started filming but if he suddenly pulled out the badge and acted like he was FBI or park ranger - the girls may have put aside their intuition for a moment and followed his instructions.
Maybe a local can chime in on how often you would see men in street clothes walking the trail of this age alone.
Also maybe if there are any individuals that have been caught impersonating a police officer before.

Random Thoughts / Questions
Wondering why he wouldn't of taken the phone's just in case they did get a picture of him ?
Perhaps he is of the age where a smart phone is something he is unfamiliar with .

If they knew him would she have hidden that fact she was taking a picture / video of him ?
since there isn't a vivid picture of him or video I'm leaning on that she did not know him.

Is there a recording of a two way conversation between them and him ?
If it was a prearranged meeting I think the demeanor of the conversation / the meeting and the recording would of seemed or been less covert like.

The Girls were dropped off there after 1 pm in the afternoon. It's a Monday most people would be at work some unemployed , or maybe worked a different shift. . In a town of 3000 or so and a weekday not everyone is going to go out hiking. What could be the reason he also was in that area ?

That father that asked the person if he saw two girls probably didn't recognize the person otherwise he may of asked did you see Abigail or Libby; but not necessarily .

Are there homeless people that live in that area maybe ?

Seems the town has dedicated resources to make hiking trails in that area / a place to draw people to, hiking , historical etc .

But then again it's a Monday afternoon.

Curious what others think...why do you think they said give the family 2 weeks before reaching out? I understand saying give them time/show respect. Do y’all think the 2 week timeframe is significant?
I think it is specific merely because if they were not specific, then they are leaving it up to the media to determine for themselves what “give them time” means. They are managing expectations, IMO.

Not forgetting that the "new" old sketch was at the time just considered something someone felt was off enough to want to go in to the police station and get it documented (presumably not even observed at the murder site since it was not given credence for two years and then all of a sudden is definitively the person who murdered the girls), so I'm assuming the witness described the POI after the murders and their appearance in this sketch would then be after any type of disguise was removed, but LE was so focused on the image from Libby's phone that they were not looking for someone younger without facial hair. This is why LE says to the perp that you didn't expect this investigative strategy. However obviously something happened to lead them back to that original witness sketch and also conclude that this person was the murderer, the Parabon actually makes perfect sense but then why wouldn't they just release that image and not this sketch?

He did, but when he said "there is also a book," I assumed he was referring to the book the movie is based on, as opposed to the Bible.
Maybe he was taking about the Bible, I just had not thought of that. Imo
I've read the book and seen the movie...years ago. I would imagine BG is searching everywhere for that book and movie. MOO

I think it is, like others do. He didn't say a few days, a week or so, a couple of weeks or so (again, very normal Indiana terms of speech IMO). 2 weeks. Very specific.

I don’t know what the significance is with the two week period. Perhaps the families needed a couple of weeks breathing space to deal with the new sketch and information before being hounded for comments by the media. Or maybe law enforcement wanted to wait that period to see if BG responded in some way. They could also be waiting for a forensic test result to come back. It could be any number of reasons.

I pretty sure it can. In my state, when getting a new Real ID Act drivers license, I was told to remove my glasses. When I asked why, as I always wear them, they said the new licenses are specifically used for facial recognition. I don’t think all states are compliant just yet regarding these new licenses. Moo

Indiana makes you remove glasses and you cant show your teeth. You are allowed a strangulated half smile while you hold your head in a weird position
:)

It’s unusual that any killer like this, would start by murdering two teenage girls.
I still don’t believe he’s a serial killer though.
I think he’s an exception to the rule.
This is a small community, and they believe that he is from there. We haven’t heard about any link to any other crimes in that area.
He appears to have started big.
I think he’s going to end up being younger than most people expect.

Seems the killer also had some unusual advantages on 2/13/17:

School kids were off for "Winter Break" (no school Friday - Monday), and the day was reportedly sunny and dry, unseasonably warm.

He may have been known to the victims, and no element of surprise.

Perhaps due to limited resources, but search for the girls was reportedly called off when it became dark, and resumed at daylight on 2/14.

His exposure was limited - as the investigation shows.

MOO

MOO
At the PC, SI Carter might have been addressing friends or family of BG with threats anger and moral appeal.
People that may have a inkling their friend/relative is capable, and sometimes wonder.
I don't think anything moves BG at all except thinking how great and smart he is.

I think Carter was not only talking about information to help identify the killer, but to the families, on the hard reality there is a new direction and back to square one. I do think the families are adjusting and going to do just that. I don’t think they needed two weeks, but maybe the investigation does. IMO.

I have wondered this exact thing. Why specify 2 weeks? If nothing happens after 2 weeks, what then? Some egg on LEs face? If nothing happens after 2 weeks I will be especially heart broken (yet again) for these families. That would be more than cruel.

Even in two weeks, if charges haven’t been laid, I can’t think of anything either families could add to what was said at the press conference. They certainly wouldn’t comment whether the sketch looked like somebody they know and aside from that, what questions would the press ask? I can’t think of any, which is a reason I think LE was only graciously shielding them from an onslaught of story-seeking reporters fresh from a press conference making national headlines. In two weeks the media frenzy will have lessened. If only the case can be solved soon, then people can begin the journey to healing,

Delphi community could be experiencing psychological impacts: ‘Grief is multi-dimensional’
New developments released on Monday not only remind us of the grief, but the trauma in the Delphi case. During each press conference, people find themselves reliving the tragedy that happened two years ago.

This crime continues to have a psychological impact on the small town of Delphi.....”

What significance do you think there is with this horrendous tragedy happening the day before Valentine’s Day? Do you think he had recently split up with his girlfriend or he was mad at being single and rejected by women?

I hadn’t thought about that being a trigger, but maybe it was. Interesting thought. If so, this guy is a trigger maniac, and if he watched the presser, he has to be off his rocker.

What significance do you think there is with this horrendous tragedy happening the day before Valentine’s Day? Do you think he had recently split up with his girlfriend or he was mad at being single and rejected by women?
I think both theories are good, if he did intentionally pick that day.
Maybe he has a basic contempt for love and relationships in general.
I wonder if he is married or has children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus