GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

Can we definitely know that Jonathan did say he had a toothache? I do understand that numerous articles posted on here state:

"According to people on the farm, the boy complained about a toothache and said that he was going to call his mother to pick him up and take him home."
But, did "people on the farm" actually hear it from JM, or the POI?
1. JM may have spoken to someone besides POI on the farm, who quoted JM's statement to the Sheriff.
2. POI may have told "people on the farm" that JM said he had a toothache, and those people quoted POI's statement to the sheriff.
3. "People on the farm" may simply be a confusing way of refering to the POI so as not to identify him.
Of course we don't know. We don't know anything for sure except that he's dead. Everything else talked about here is speculation, as always.

I don't believe there ever was a toothache....MOO

I can't remember the last time I heard anybody say that they had a toothache, and why I believe this was actually said. It's too specific for just a lie. However, whether JM really had a toothache remains to be proven. MOO

I can't remember the last time I heard anybody say that they had a toothache, and why I believe this was actually said. It's too specific for just a lie. However, whether JM really had a toothache remains to be proven. MOO
I suppose it would be pretty easy for the autopsy to show a tooth with damage or decay that would cause a toothache.

Just for reference this is a small mom and pops type dairy farm not some big family operation. Moo

I don’t believe there are any full time employees other that the poi’s immediate family. Likely the only employees outside of family are ones that are paid part time and possibly even under the table.

Old barns old machinery, definitely not some big commercial operation. All moo

Probe into teen's death continues; funeral is set

According to this link, Johnathan was a 14 year old enrolled in 7th grade courses. Can anyone confirm this? IMO, this implies a learning disability/impairment. Traditionally, students turn 14 once entering high school in the United States, (9th grade).

Respectfully : I'd posted earlier whether Jonathan had any disabilities at all that would've made him more vulnerable.
His face seemed very gentle and naive.
If he did have any disabilities -- how sad !!
As if he was more innocent and trusting than the average 14 yr. old.
An easy target for a predator.

I'm thinking up until he 'vanished', Jonathan's family had no prior reason to distrust them. So , his family thought he was safe ?

As far as the poi -- could the reason for him not being named, be that maybe the poi and relatives' might be well-known in that small community; and the local LE don't want to hurt the poi's families' feelings ?

Just in case the poi is not the one who killed and buried Jonathan ?

Trying to put myself in the local LE's shoes... what if the poi and Jonathans' killer are two different people ?

Earlier posts indicated the possibility that the farm Jonathan was found on belongs to the poi's father.
So naming the poi could have an adverse affect on the poi's relatives ?
Fwiw; I think Jonathan was murdered. Tried to imagine that there was an accident or that he had a health emergency.

But to bury him---- no, someone had something they wanted concealed.
A dead teen cannot speak up and tell the truth.
So the killed him.

Sorry, I left the thread for little AJ Freund as I couldn't trust myself to type in a civil manner.
Some people make my blood pressure rise.

So much injustice, and it seems like people aren't afraid of the consequences of murder.
The punishment for such vile acts aren't harsh enough. Imo.

No mention of his parents in the obituary. They list his surviving relatives as his sister and both sets of grandparents.

View Jonathan Minard's Obituary on timesreporter.com and share memories

Jonathan Edward Minard 2004-2019

Age 14, of Dellroy, Ohio was discovered Friday, April 19, 2019 in Washington Township, Carroll County after he was reported missing on April 14. He was born July 27, 2004 in Canton, Ohio and was the son of Edward Lee Minard and Brooke Moreland of Dellroy.

View Jonathan Minard's Obituary on timesreporter.com and share memories

Jonathan Edward Minard 2004-2019

Age 14, of Dellroy, Ohio was discovered Friday, April 19, 2019 in Washington Township, Carroll County after he was reported missing on April 14. He was born July 27, 2004 in Canton, Ohio and was the son of Edward Lee Minard and Brooke Moreland of Dellroy.

Ah, gotcha.... I guess since they were listed above, they didn’t include them on the surviving relatives paragraph.

No mention of his parents in the obituary. They list his surviving relatives as his sister and both sets of grandparents.

Unless suddenly deleted, parents were definitely named in the obit published a few days ago. And from your link:

Investigators were told Minard complained of a toothache and was reportedly returning to his friend’s home to try to reach his parents, but had not been seen since.

That's very odd that neither parent is listed.

They are listed at the beginning, this is sometimes done, but then usually it says something like "in addition to his parents, __ is also survived by". It does read a bit odd in this obituary.

Has someone reported a mod yet to ask for Jonathan's name to be altered in the thread title? I think it's safe to go by the spelling in his obituary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back