OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#47

Status
Not open for further replies.
**Disclosure I'm a novice at this lol. I have read over the discovery but do not fully understand it all. With that being said, there was little mention of DNA in there and then the latent print in Dana's discovery. I do not consider a boot print DNA but there could have been a mixture of blood between perp and victim (which may be the case here I do not know). I am making the assumption that there is little to no DNA based on the fact that it took over 2 years to arrest them. It seems if they had a good source of DNA an arrest would have come sooner, so either there is such a scant amount that it took years to be able to develop a way to process it or it wasn't enough alone to warrant an indictment. In hindsight, it was a poorly worded post. Because there is DNA of SOME type, I think I was basing that statement on the fact that most of the Rhodens were in their beds and did not fight/defend themselves. But now I realize I don't really know that to be the fact either since they could have been placed there. Sorry, should have thought that one through a little better, seem like a good thought at the time o_O

This is the only mention of DNA evidence so far that I have heard of......
If you find anything else please post......Thankx......

Pike Co. massacre defense attorney wants DNA evidence info

03/11/2019 (MOTION #6)---DEFENDANT'S DEMAND FOR DISCOVERY REGARDING DNA FILED. Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M

WAVERLY, Ohio — Defense attorneys for one of the suspects in the Pike County massacre want to know how DNA evidence was tested in the case.

Attorney Richard Nash Jr. filed a motion Monday seeking information on DNA testing in the state's case against George Wagner IV, who, along with his parents and brother is accused of killing eight members of the Rhoden family in rural Pike County.

As part of the discovery, Nash is seeking the case file, laboratory protocols, evidence chain of custody and durrent disposition, software used for DNA testing, data files, documentation of corrective actions for discrepancies and errors, information on lab personnel and more information.
The defense attorneys have also filed motions this month seeking funds to bring in experts.

No DNA link in George Wagner IV's Rhoden murder case

WAVERLY - There will be no DNA evidence presented in at least one of the cases against a family accused of plotting and murdering eight members of the Rhoden family in 2016.

The new information was revealed during a brief pretrial hearing for George Wagner IV on Friday where he appeared for the first time without visible restraints. His attorney Charles Knight had filed a motion requesting discovery relating to receiving any DNA evidence against his client but dropped the motion after learning from special prosecutor Angie Canepa there wasn't any to disclose.

"They do not have DNA evidence that links the victims to my client," Knight said after the hearing.

Last edited:
Does anyone think like me, that people like the Wagners that bought all this property with no big pay jobs or no prior family inheritance and got all the little business and tax right offs and that could be, just saying that could be a front to laundry money for some bigger outfits (Mafia) JMO

I get the feeling that FW may have had an inheritance at some point. No proof, just a feeling. I think that Bob was the wheeler dealer with the land and the horses.

I have a dumb question. In the 4 Ws cases, does the state pay for their commissaries?

I have a dumb question. In the 4 Ws cases, does the state pay for their commissaries?

Unless it is different in Ohio, no. All commissary is based on what monies you have in your account. If an inmate is indigent, they do supply them with bare necessities. Pretty much family (sometimes a friend or two) pay for commissary.

BBM
Iirc, one or both boys worked for the guy, and, he's only ten miles away. I get what you're saying though. Why not take them to FW's. Gated property, no one to bother them. Possibly a barn to pull the trailers under. They did take some items from the trailers. Were they trying to put them somewhere discreet? If so, they were being watched.
My question is where were the trailers from 3/10/2017 (closing date of Peterson road property) until JW dropped them off at the 41 property at the beginning of May 2017?

For that matter, where did the W4 go from 3/10/2017 until they really left for AK?

Next question is why did the W4 move the trailers to the 41 property in early May? Did they sense the raids on the FWF were coming and thought they could "hide" the trailers?

Last picture I've seen of the trailers had all of their contents pulled out in piles. I think those were the trailers they eventually took up to AK. Who then/when repacked them for the trip? The W4 were claiming to be "on vacation" in AK then.

ETA - i think the black and grey pickup trucks attached to the trailers at the 41 search location were the ones they took to AK.
424FE8B900000578-4683690-image-a-4_1500034250325.jpg

Pictured, people in laser focus of multiple murder hunt | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Unless it is different in Ohio, no. All commissary is based on what monies you have in your account. If an inmate is indigent, they do supply them with bare necessities. Pretty much family (sometimes a friend or two) pay for commissary.

Thanks!

It must be draining FW, keeping 4 of them going.

IIRC LE said they had dna. I’ll go reread some articles and discovery and see if I can find a link and post it.
I do recall a statement about GW4 not having any dna evidence.
So I’ll see what I can locate so I can say for sure. Till then jmo

Scakes, there may be some
This is the only mention of DNA evidence so far that I have heard of......
If you find anything else please post......Thankx......

It has been a crazy week at work CC but I plan to do some follow up and go through the discovery better this weekend and do some deep digging. JMO I still have a gut feeling if the DNA they have was solid/strong they would have aressted them sooner. I also feel like its not easy to kill 8 people in 4 separate homes and leave such little evidence. Which again is supported by the length of time it took to arrest them. Now if that’s because they weren’t Looking in the right place initially or the W-s were just that good I have no answers. I will post anything I find. I’m also going to talk to the pathologist at work and see if he has any suggestions

Keep in mind, too that none of the W's DNA was on file with LE, so to them it was probably unknown DNA up until their arrests. Somehow, I doubt the W's attorneys allowed them to provide DNA samples when LE brought them in for questioning.
LE probably got a hit on one or more of the 4 Wagners when they got the trash from the Jackson hotel, but don’t know which one of them it is yet. JMO

Keep in mind, too that none of the W's DNA was on file with LE, so to them it was probably unknown DNA up until their arrests. Somehow, I doubt the W's attorneys allowed them to provide DNA samples when LE brought them in for questioning.
But LE might have politely offered them a bottle of water or a bag of chips while they were being questioned....

Praying the Lord God in Heaven will bring justice to the victims and their families. After all the research I've done the past week, I am beginning to wonder if any of the 6 are who they claim to be (in name, with all the "aka" names that pop up)." It is scary. JMO

But LE might have politely offered them a bottle of water or a bag of chips while they were being questioned....

True, but also possible their attorney advised them not to partake. I'm guessing quality defense attorneys these days advise clients of ways to avoid leaving any DNA when questioned by LE.

ETA: I wonder if that's why some of their interviews were done by phone?

Last edited:
Praying the Lord God in Heaven will bring justice to the victims and their families. After all the research I've done the past week, I am beginning to wonder if any of the 6 are who they claim to be (in name, with all the "aka" names that pop up)." It is scary. JMO

There seem to be a lot of "layers" to their lives and business dealings.

My question is where were the trailers from 3/10/2017 (closing date of Peterson road property) until JW dropped them off at the 41 property at the beginning of May 2017?

For that matter, where did the W4 go from 3/10/2017 until they really left for AK?

Next question is why did the W4 move the trailers to the 41 property in early May? Did they sense the raids on the FWF were coming and thought they could "hide" the trailers?

Last picture I've seen of the trailers had all of their contents pulled out in piles. I think those were the trailers they eventually took up to AK. Who then/when repacked them for the trip? The W4 were claiming to be "on vacation" in AK then.

ETA - i think the black and grey pickup trucks attached to the trailers at the 41 search location were the ones they took to AK.
424FE8B900000578-4683690-image-a-4_1500034250325.jpg

Pictured, people in laser focus of multiple murder hunt | Daily Mail Online

I think the W4s and their trailers were at Peterson, until right before they left;

When they took the trailers to the auto shop;

Bernie Brown said Jake Wagner and his brother needed a place to store their household goods "for a few days" after they sold their 71-acre farm because the new owners were moving in and they had nowhere to take it. The Wagner brothers also indicated they were looking to move "north."

The Wagners showed up a week before the search and dropped a container about the size of a semi-tractor trailer, a horse trailer as well as a small enclosed trailer on the north side of a barn on his property. The larger container contained numerous boxes as well as household items and was covered in a blue tarp, Brown said. He also said the horse trailer was loaded with items. Those two containers remained at his property Monday along with two pickup trucks. The beds of trucks were also loaded with items including a rocking horse, a stuffed bear and small plastic kid's motorized car. Authorities, however, towed away the enclosed trailer around 11:30 p.m. Friday, Brown said.

Warrant: Investigators put GPS tracker on truck of Rhoden victim's brother

Someone from their family, or they themselves, probably re-packed the trailers. LE doesn't put it all back together after a search. That's left for the person(s) whose property is searched.

Wonder if they offered them anything to drink while they were being questioned, or, might there have been items in the trash at the Days Inn that could have held DNA? :rolleyes: Just thinkin'.

It's possible. I still wonder why begin using the name White Pines. Angela used it for the burned kennel in prior years. Three businesses with the same name seems to indicate it means something to someone. JMO

I once wondered if back then Billy was going to be over or inherit those entities named White Pines. The hunting club fits with hobbies of the boys, Angela previously had the kennel, but the White Pines realty is where I started changing my mind. I don't see Billy associated with it anywhere. Even the signatures are witnessed by Robin and Lucy.

Does anyone have any idea where the naming of White Pines came from?

Does anyone know if Lucy has attended any of the W4 hearings?

I think the W4s and their trailers were at Peterson, until right before they left;

When they took the trailers to the auto shop;

Warrant: Investigators put GPS tracker on truck of Rhoden victim's brother

Someone from their family, or they themselves, probably re-packed the trailers. LE doesn't put it all back together after a search. That's left for the person(s) whose property is searched.

I don't know if the 845 Bethel property was vacant, but maybe they went back there after the 3/10/2017 closing.

Could have even had a bonfire to get rid of things, before the move to AK? Was that where the burnt VCR tape was found?

Wasn't there a search at 845 Bethel? I can't remember what date. I'll try to find it tomorrow.
Night all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member