Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this sketch of the murderer (BG) released on Monday 4/22/19 was actually drawn 2 days after Abby+Libby's murders (which would be drawn on 2/15/17, as the deaths were 2/13/17). But was not released to the public until now, 2 years & 2 mos later.

1. Why was this sketch just now released? Why not long ago?

2. Are we supposed to forget/ disregard the sketch we've been looking at for 2+ years? Is this person a Non-person? Witness? Fable?

Help! I joined WS on 2/22/17 for these two precious little girls. Can anyone set me straight on 1&2? Thanks eversomuch.
The new sketch...
  • Was drawn two years ago 2/17/17, three days after the girls were found
  • Is of the unidentified killer
  • Is based on the description of a witness
  • Was drawn based on how the witness described the suspect using a facial identification reference sheet
  • Was drawn by a different artist than the one who drew the first sketch
Officials said the new image came about after some bit of new information that had been "continuously reviewed and examined."

Authorities said the image "more accurately" depicted the face of the suspect from video recorded on German's cell phone while she and Abigail were on the High Bridge.

'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says

Indiana State Police are now saying the new sketch of the Delphi suspect is their current person of interest and the first sketch - released two years ago - is not a person of interest at this time.
ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

I copied this post written by @PaulaDC from previous thread (#91) because what she suggests would definitely clear up confusion!!

The public needs to be told by the authorities that the old sketch is BG heavily disguised! The new sketch is BG without the concealment of hat/hoodie/oversized coat, etc.

Thank you for your post, @PaulaDC! Greatly appreciated!!

PaulaDC, 24 minutes ago wrote:

"They're making it confusing for so many. I understand they want us to look at picture number 2 as that is the way he appears. But why don't they just say he was disguised in picture number 1. Are they saying it isn't the same person whatsoever and if that was the case why did person number 1 not turn himself in to prove that?"

I’m already pages behind and others may have replied but in a LE press release today they state sketch #1 is no longer a POI, along with this clarification:

Indiana State Police also issued the following clarification about the two sketches:
  • They are not the same person
  • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

"The sketch artist with ISP who drew the face, Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, told the Indianapolis Star the picture presented as being new Monday had in fact been drawn Feb. 17, 2017, three days after the bodies of the two girls were discovered."

"In vague terms, Bryant told the Star the image was based on the description of a man by a witness who reported seeing something they felt needed to be reported. The sketch is a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-delphi-suspect-sketch-indiana-girl-murder-video-suspect-description

So Trooper Bryant drew the sketch himself. It made me consider some oddities like eye shapes making it look like a bad eye, and so on, because if I had to draw a sketch, it would likely be off on where the eyes were focusing.

To me, seeing this, it was a quick draw and not much can be made of irregularities like where one eye is looking, but a lot can be made from the distinctive facial features like the jaw and hair.

Holding out hope for a solution.

Who drew the first sketch????

It was generated by the police from the video still photo from Libby's phone.

That's why it looks so close to B.G. - because it's a police sketch interpretation of how the man could possibly look from the police sketch artist studying the photo from Libby's phone. It was not from a witness.

I think they were initially looking for someone more middle aged (around 40-50), but now they have changed direction and are now looking for someone going (18-30), which explains the reference made by Carter during the press conference. Killer was probably sitting back thinking he was in the clear because they were searching for someone significantly older.

For me, there is a disconnect between the photo of the man walking on the bridge and the new sketch. I would be more likely to believe the man on the bridge is in his 40’s and matches the first sketch. The new sketch looks like a younger guys and for some reason the build and clothing do not match. JMO

Completely agree, and I think most people would. I think that's why they have stated that the second sketch is reflective of the man walking across the bridge. The clothing and build are likely not necessarily reflective of BGs normal attire. They look baggy, and are potentially a disguise or being used to hide weapons underneath. Whilst the sketch looks like a much younger man, the audio seems to be more ~25-30+ (at best guess) and I think that's why they made a point to say that he may be older than he looks JMO.

The people of Delphi must be very frightened and alarmed. I feel so bad for them. And to think he may be one of their own. So sad

I know I’m thousands of miles and the Atlantic Ocean away and I am sleeping with the light on. I can’t imagine living in Delphi and watching that press conference on Monday.

OK, I am relying on my memory. :rolleyes:
On the last thread someone posted an explanation by the trooper that did the sketches #1 new guy, #2 old guy and one of the reasons he gave as to why the #2 sketch has been out and about is because it was a composite made by several persons descriptions. #1 new guy was simply one person's recollection.
My question or "wondering" is, (was it) Abby's dad who started searching and met a man coming off the bridge. He talked to him, asking him if she saw two girls on the bridge. The man said, "no" and kept walking. Is this the sketch of that man he actually talked to?
(if I have the wrong child, PLEASE correct me)

It was Libby’s Dad.

The guy your asking about is FSG (Flannel Shirt Guy and has ties to the bridge).
DG did ask him if he had seen two girls and FSG replied no but had seen a “couple” on the bridge.

Sorry, I don’t know the answer to your last question.

It's two years two late to ask these questions. Yes someone might remember because of the significance of that date in a small town, but I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone a car two years ago. This is absurd in my opinion.
Maybe it is a long shot, but it's not hopeless. Two years is a long time, but it's not ancient history.

People in that town likely remember details about that day, especially when asked to focus on a detail like a vehicle in a certain location. If someone is covering for BG or if someone is in denial about someone the suspect could be BG, that person might step forward with info now that a question about that specific location has been asked.

jmo

Question for those who think LE knows who BG is.

If they have enough evidence to firmly believe who he is, why not arrest and charge him with murder? Why hold a press conference?

Help me understand your thinking. To me, the presser was basically stating a profile of who BG could be and starting over from scratch. “Just getting started”.

I’m completely dumbfounded as to why the sudden switch to a completely different sketch. They said the two sketches were not the same person.

I am dumbfounded along with you, but I believe they’ve clearly had a huge breakthrough. Perhaps they now have a completely unexpected suspect, and are awaiting fast track DNA? (I’m not sure the timeframe required)

The overwhelming emotion from Carter could be over a surprising suspect (ie, someone who constitutes a betrayal of trust), or it could also be dismay of having been on the wrong track for 2 years.

My heart is with each person bearing the lifetime burdens of this horrific act. Only on Forensic Files do they wrap up in an hour, and that often represents years of very dry detective work.

It’s not a simple thing for even LE to get library borrowing records. In fact, most libraries do not keep track of a borrower’s book history unless specifically requested by the borrower. The default is generally “no history” in the computer system because libraries in the US do not want to have to be in the position where we are forced to turn it over.
True!

jmo

Has anyone read The Shack or seen the movie? If so, can you explain briefly what it might have to do with Carter bringing it up in the news conference?

Yes I could buy the book or watch the movie but then If it is about a murder, I would have nightmares so I don’t dare do that. There are some posts on these threads I can’t even read. I do follow some cases, but not all. Thanks in advance. :)
I haven't read the book or seen the movie but this might help:
Why 'The Shack' 2017 film was mentioned in reference to unsolved Delphi murders

Has anyone read The Shack or seen the movie? If so, can you explain briefly what it might have to do with Carter bringing it up in the news conference?

Yes I could buy the book or watch the movie but then If it is about a murder, I would have nightmares so I don’t dare do that. There are some posts on these threads I can’t even read. I do follow some cases, but not all. Thanks in advance. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Shack-Where-Tragedy-Confronts-Eternity/dp/0964729237

If LE knew who this guy was, there would not have been a PC at all, imo. They would either be hauling him in, putting out an APB if they could not find him, or grilling his relatives. This case has been stalled for over two years. Two children were murdered. Not the time for cryptic statements if they know their suspect.
Jmo
I agree. I really don’t think they know specifically who they are looking for. It really seemed to me that they were letting the suspect know that they were mistaken (yes mistaken!!!) in using that first sketch. I said before that the emotion shown by Carter was based somewhat in that miss step. And honestly, think about it, for 2 years people were looking for a completely different looking person. Billboards, flyers, Press Conferences! I should add that to me these two sketches have nothing in common. Nothing. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow