Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this post 100%. Possibility BG is under 25 years of age, in faci think it's a strong possibility. The "guys" in the new audio sounds like a young guy.

MOO
That aside, which I agree with, there is another reason I think this guy is on the younger side.

The words used at that press conference, are something you would hear with an investigation into a serial killer.

Power, control, interest in the investigation, they are talking about elements of psychology and behavior that apply to those types of killers.

The crime itself was almost certainly sexually motivated.

An older guy from the surrounding areas, would be on the radar of law enforcement, even if they didn’t match that initial sketch.

A younger guy might not be, especially if he doesn’t have a significant record.

Most killers like that, begin in their mid 20s to early 30s.

It’s rare to start with double murder, but the opportunity might have just presented itself.

ETA: I don’t think he’s a serial killer. Yet.

Last edited:
"The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls," he said. "We also believe this person is from Delphi--currently or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here."
‘We also believe this person is from Delphi’: Police release new sketch, additional information in Delphi murder investigation

Yeah, that’s straight out of profiling 101. :)

I still don’t understand why the two sketches are different. Could he have lost weight to make him appear differently than before?
These are sketches of two different men.

They are no longer looking for that first guy (in the sketch), as they don’t believe he is the killer.

The guy on the bridge, is believed to look like the new sketch.

Something changed.

Last edited:
You can by shocker things online. I have one. It will knock an adult male to the floor. I take it with me often. Edited to say the sound alone is frightening enough to scare off most people.

Thanks teeandcee, that is good advice.
In the meantime, I thought I'll find my whistle to alert others until I find your shocker thing.

in the presser, Carter was in ANQUISH......the guy they suspect must be family or a noted local.....anquish over knowing who did these brutal murders....that's how I read it.....they know....they must know and just need a bit more evidence...

I think it’s as simple as this:

That initial sketch looked nothing like BG. When that sketch was released, he felt that he was in the clear.

He probably breathed a huge sigh of relief.

That, and speculation that he may not be a local, must have put him at ease.

Law enforcement was on the wrong track, and not looking in his direction.

This new sketch, and the focus on the immediate community, represents a huge change in direction.

They’re coming for him now.
I can't decide whether he got lucky that the old sketch did not resemble him or if he or someone close to him was somehow behind it.

These are sketches of two different men.

They are no longer looking for that first guy, as they don’t believe he is the killer.

Something changed.

Then why did Libby record him?

—-

I need to review Carter’s words very very carefully again.

(ETA: Disregard question, I misread MassGuy’s post)

Last edited:
BBM:

Thanks, Matt!

If/as you're able to check back in here, would be really interested to get your rationale r/t your belief that BG hasn't committed any major crime either before or after the murders...is it b/c he hasn't been identified through DNA matches in the system, no evidence of similar crimes being committed, etc., or are there other reasons you're thinking this crime was a one-off?

Followup question: do you believe him to be capable of committing murders like these once and then completely stopping, i.e., never committing another major crime? Do you see him as someone who would kill themselves vs. risk being identified/caught?

I don't think BG has the internal controls to stop himself from further violence now that he's killed twice.
I think it's only a matter of time before BG acts out on his evil impulses again, but I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts about that.

Final Question: is your sense that LE does or does not have the killer's DNA in this case?

All of the Above: JMO.
——————————————————————-

I must stress, this is all just my opinions. I have only read articles etc and watched media. I’m just trying to point you to what I believe is important in police messages.

My answers below and previously are based on my theory. Time will tell if correct.

1st question/
Major crime element, I believe it was opportunistic killing. If rape, violence, stalking was in his background. A large probability he would be easily linked through DNA/fingerprints/witness etc.
Generally a pattern trending towards murder is present if they planned a murder like this.

2nd question/
Hard to say, it may have been 20years of anger that made him snap. He would be feeling very powerful that he hasn’t been caught, watching all this media attention etc.
I guess if he does get away with it, he could kill again after a large gap. (BTK)
Won’t kill himself, doing it for the notoriety and would prefer jail.
(This relates to my theory he is a ‘loser’ in life, not someone prominent.)

3rd question:
Very hard to say, I think 1 of these 3 scenarios.
- No DNA at crime scene, but witness has identified man in/leaving car. DNA in car.

- DNA at crime scene and in car, match, still unknown suspect. Seeking witness for man in car, once placed in car, then show photo of car to public for further help identifying.

- DNA in car, not at crime scene, suspect known, need a witness to place him with car.

I’ll stress again; these are only my opinions.

The geocache information is very interesting. I don't think I knew there were geocache locations in Delphi, much less one at the wrong end of the bridge. It is horrifying that someone left a dead child at one location for others to find.

We have some truly sick people in this world and I don't know why.

The moderators and Tricia have said in the past that discussion about geocache is not allowed. I don’t want the thread to get shut down so please try not to break the rules. Thank you.

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies
[...]

On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person.
529128ff-77dc-41e6-9701-9c290f44ef0b-handout.jpg

The new composite drawing released by officials on Monday, April 22 of the person suspected in the Delphi Murders. (Photo: Composite by Indiana State police)

Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.”

According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.”

[...]

In ISP’s attempt to clarify on Wednesday, Riley wrote that investigators’ initial belief that “a person in the age range of his 40s to 50s was a person of interest in this murder investigation.”

[...]

The new sketch features what police called a man with “a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20s to late-30s.”

[...]

It's interesting how so many were adamant (and still are) that they can see similarities in the 2 sketches, when they are actually of 2 different people. It's not about those people been wrong, but just how powerful personal interpretation is, particularly when the scope of information is so very narrow.

Many wishful thinking here. But by all accounts PE has confused the public with new sketch. It is still clear as mud after several clarifications. The young man picture just doesn't fit with BG. The new sketch has very distinct features. You can likely count a few guys in town and a few nearby. IMHO, PE is clueless, throwing another smoke here. Don't get why they hid so much info that the public can help since two years ago. Wrong strategy to me.

Carried over from the end of #91.

4. Why was the families not informed of the press conference content until the morning of? IMO things are closer to home than appeared 2 years ago. IF LE is considering the possibility of a family member, the families will be the last to know.

I cannot speak to any of your other questions, but I think it is pretty standard in all investigations not to release information to the family until around an hour before the press conference. They don't want to risk information getting out. I don't think there is anything sinister with this part of the puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288