Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are now told the sketch is of the killer. Whatever reason it was not released was an error on LE's part. "You don't put out information that will prove detrimental"...go ahead finish the sentence "....to your case". Police prioritize punishment over safety. P.P.

“...to the investigation.”

Flood the community with what you believe is inaccurate information, you’re just asking to pay a price.

Point the finger a guy you don’t believe is involved, that guy pays a price.

There are standards and protocols to conducting investigations, by following them, you will be right most of the time.

Sometimes you are wrong, but that doesn’t make the practice wrong.

There is a particular arrogance that is exhibited by the public in cases like this.

The idea that they know better than law enforcement, even though they don’t.

These are trained investigators from reputable organizations. Organizations that have tremendous experience in handling cases like this.

They know things that we don’t, and have considerations based on information that we are not privy to.

You don’t release a sketch of a guy that you don’t believe is involved.

You don’t put out information that you believe will prove detrimental.

Excellent points. Sometimes I also wonder if LE asking the general public for tips and leads to assist them in identifying a suspect is misconstrued to some type of crowd-sourcing exercise where they’re requesting direction about how to conduct the entire investigation.

In this case the task force has altered their focus and acknowledged the investigation has changed directions.....which is far better than endlessly pursuing somebody represented by sketch #1 when they have reason to put it behind them.

No he actually saw 2 deer. They were in the woods. It was looking up the hill at them that drew his eyes up a little so he saw their bodies.

Deer at Deer Creek and helped find the girls. So sad.

I thought it was a WS link that I read they had been hung and I embellished with the arms and well...anyway I missed the under leaves as well.

Excellent points. Sometimes I also wonder if LE asking the general public for tips and leads to assist them in identifying a suspect is misconstrued to some type of crowd-sourcing exercise where they’re requesting direction about how to conduct the entire investigation.

In this case they’ve altered their focus and acknowledged the investigation has switched directions.....which is far better than endlessly pursuing somebody represented by sketch #1 when they have reason to put it behind them.
Ha! I think they could literally tell the public “please, don’t tell us how to do our jobs,” and it wouldn’t matter one bit.

They want suspects, not investigative techniques from the mental hospital that is social media.

If you as a parent went looking for your girls and asked a man who at the time appeared to be just a passerby if he had seen them...and now two years later things have come together to the point where it is believed the passerby was actually the person guilty of killing the girls, would you not be upset? I would be wiped out by something like this. I would need at least two weeks to even partially recover, and probably a whole lot longer than that.

If Abby's dad actually spoke to the killer immediately following the murders, can you imagine what he is going through right now? I tell you, they would have to sedate me in a situation like that.

Now, I am not saying that is what occurred but when you really think about it, it is not out of the realm of possibility.
That was Libby's granddad and if this person was from the Delphi area wouldn't he then know EXACTLY who killed his sweet girl?

“...to the investigation.”

Flood the community with what you believe is inaccurate information, you’re just asking to pay a price.

Great post,as always. Sometimes I think people are just so down on LE because they have a history of being on the wrong side of the law. Other times, they are just too mentally damaged to understand how the law works, and that when the time for a trial comes, they will only get one bite of the apple, so evidence must be beyond a doubt.

Point the finger a guy you don’t believe is involved, that guy pays a price.

There are standards and protocols to conducting investigations, by following them, you will be right most of the time.

Sometimes you are wrong, but that doesn’t make the practice wrong.

Great post,as always. Sometimes I think people are just so down on LE because they have a history of being on the wrong side of the law. Other times, they are just too mentally damaged to understand how the law works, and that when the time for a trial comes, they will only get one bite at the apple, so the evidence must leave no doubts. And sometimes people are just arrogant and think they can do a better job. Sometimes it's a trifecta!

That was Libby's granddad and if this person was from the Delphi area wouldn't he then know EXACTLY who killed his sweet girl?

I don't know that for sure. It seems likely but you know, I live in a very small town and I don't know everyone here. Nor do they know me. Some here know each other by sight, not by name, but many do know know a lot of the residents here. It is not a given that everyone knows everyone who has ever lived in, worked in, or visited relatives in their town.

And maybe the killer has ties through relatives in the town and is not actually a resident there himself, maybe never has been.

I don't get the impression Carter seems betrayed. I think he is reacting to the fact that the girls families feel betrayed because the killer has not been caught yet. And the police aren't any closer to catching him after two years.
Recently the police chief of Chicago scolded Jussie Smollett. He said Chicago did not deserve this nor did they ask for this. I am getting that same feeling from Carter. Yes he wants justice for the girls but now with the revelation that it is a close connection he also feels that Delphi did not deserve it

What if the witness saw someone undressing or taking off a wig. Would that explain the goofy look of the hair on BG? To me the part, colic and bangs look like a wig. The new sketch maybe shows a man with a hairnet on? The witness and the subsequent sketch were dismissed because it is so dissimilar to the video. Just another theory among many.

Jmo we never know if we will freeze when under attack, no matter our personality. Some cops even freeze. So we can’t take it as fact that they, or anyone in their situation, would fight back.

Right. And most kids are trained to obey adults. If he had a gun? Chances are most kids would do what the person told them to. Even kids who aren't naturally docile.

Not if the recently released sketch was drawn days after the murders... Right? Or was that report false?

that's one distinct possibility that crossed my mind. that is, a witness, who just so happens to resemble the new sketch, provided the details that were the source of the old sketch, which investigators have overtime have developed as a false lead.

per the details of the press conference, the person is known to be a sometime local, and as a material providing witness would be someone invested in the case and therefore, likely to be monitoring and/or information about the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog