Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was Libby's granddad and if this person was from the Delphi area wouldn't he then know EXACTLY who killed his sweet girl?
I don't think so. I believe BP said DG was concerned when she didn't answer her phone and he got out of the vehicle and started on the trail to the bridge when he ran into a man he asked. So he went the other way to look elsewhere. Surely he have a description of that man to LE. Is he the person who was wearing a white scarf?

If you as a parent went looking for your girls and asked a man who at the time appeared to be just a passerby if he had seen them...and now two years later things have come together to the point where it is believed the passerby was actually the person guilty of killing the girls, would you not be upset? I would be wiped out by something like this. I would need at least two weeks to even partially recover, and probably a whole lot longer than that.

If Abby's dad actually spoke to the killer immediately following the murders, can you imagine what he is going through right now? I tell you, they would have to sedate me in a situation like that.

Now, I am not saying that is what occurred but when you really think about it, it is not out of the realm of possibility.
Wasn't it stated that the passerby was a man in his 70's?

That's the whole thing. For somebody who knows this guy, that little bit of video and voice recording will likely be enough (especially if the sketch is at all accurate). It's THAT person, who knows the guy, that LE is trying to reach. They don't care that the rest of us want to analyze every shadow and inflection.

On that thought, I don’t recall the WS member’s name who recently joined us, who shared his insightful wisdom as a police officer from Australia but.....not the exact wording he used....however he mentioned how LE consider every member of the general public a potential suspect. Thinking about that, yes I can see how that must be true. It’s impossible to feed public curiosity plus release enough information to reassure everyone LE is doing their job by addressing the whys and the what’s without also disclosing critical information to the murderer at large, who can use it to keep one step ahead of capture.

“...to the investigation.”

Flood the community with what you believe is inaccurate information, you’re just asking to pay a price.

Point the finger a guy you don’t believe is involved, that guy pays a price.

There are standards and protocols to conducting investigations, by following them, you will be right most of the time.

Sometimes you are wrong, but that doesn’t make the practice wrong.

By asking the public for help, isn't LE asking if the public knows more than LE?

I am something like 40 pages behind... but.. what the heck, man.
So the two sketches are not the same person.
The new sketch is bridge guy.
The first sketch is no longer POI.

But... is it another guy? Or just a figment created from the video.

Color me confused. If new sketch is BG, and old sketch was created from video of BG, then they ARE the same guy, they just think new sketch is more accurate.
But that's not what was said.

I could understand, sort of, if there were two sketches, one from FBI based on video, and one from someone else (LE? - I think local LE) based on eye witness.
Eye witnesses get a bad rap, and probably for good reason, as human memory is fallible.

BUT - why wouldn't both sketches be released?
We got this one from HERE, and this one from HERE - and we would like to speak to 'both' of these 'people'.

I just don't get that.

Just a reminder that it took 2.5 years for the police to arrest the perpetrators of the Pike County massacre.

The police were in contact with the Wagners for at least 1.5 years before their arrest. So they had the right people for a while, just couldn't prove it yet.

Perhaps, Delphi is similar where they know who did it. They just need the right pieces to prove it in court.

By asking the public for help, isn't LE asking if the public knows more than LE?
Not in regards to how they should do their jobs.

They want names and descriptions, not investigative techniques from armchair detectives whose only knowledge of law enforcement, comes from television.

You mean... like... making sure that they have the right perpetrator in custody and not starting a witch hunt in the public toward every single person that remotely looks like or has ties to things that you, murder inc, deem suspicious?

Hunt down all people who like religion, they are the most likely suspects.

I believe that he saw two deer, real deer. But the bodies of the two girls were nearby, under leaves.

Yes, iirc it was described as though the deer were standing above on the hillside. The land does appear to slope steeply upward beyond the river bank and the area where the bodies were discovered. I don’t have a link at hand but RL, the landowner, showed reporters where the crime scene tape had been placed. His residence/farm site was located above the very steep hillside, the river down below.

IMO something happened in early April of this year and things have progressed. The prosecutor who retired came back, the latest press conference was more emotional and different from any of the others and a 'new' POI image presented. I'm wondering if there was an arrest of an individual for a different crime from the general area in this time frame. If so, has that person been suspected by locals for committing the murders and possibly other crime(s)?

Yes. Good point.
MOO something big
has been uncovered or reported.

The poster that caught the old DA being sworn in again take the prize . (I am looking for the post.)

Robert Ives said he would come back if there were developments in the case. (or Flora arson murders.)
Well, earlier this month he was sworn back into the Delphi's DA office by Nicolas Leland, his successor AND we have an unplanned PC presenting a new suspect sketch for BG.

All in a good direction I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member