Kim Kardashian studying to be a lawyer (without going to law school) plans to sit bar exam in 2022

[ I was mistaken--she had not graduated]

In an interview with Vogue published on Wednesday, the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star, 38, revealed that she’s studying to become a lawyerand decided last summer to begin a four-year apprenticeship with a law firm in San Francisco, with the goal of taking the bar in 2022.

Kardashian West did go to undergrad, briefly attending Pierce College in Los Angeles, according to The Hollywood Reporter. But she never graduated, meaning she does not hold a college degree.

According to Vogue, this summer Kardashian West will take a “baby bar” administered by the state. If she passes, she’ll be able to continue on with three more years of study.

“First year of law school, you have to cover three subjects: criminal law, torts, and contracts,” she told the magazine. “To me, torts is the most confusing, contracts the most boring, and crim law I can do in my sleep. Took my first test, I got a 100. Super easy for me.”

“I had to think long and hard about this,” she told Vogue about her decision to begin studying law, explaining that she eventually decided to embark on the journey after “seeing a really good result” with Johnson.

“I never in a million years thought we would get to the point of getting laws passed,” she said. “That was really a turning point for me.”

Still, Kardashian West admitted she felt out of her depth, hence her desire to educate herself.

“The White House called me to advise to help change the system of clemency,” she said. “And I’m sitting in the Roosevelt Room with, like, a judge who had sentenced criminals and a lot of really powerful people and I just sat there, like, ‘Oh s—.’ I need to know more.”
Sounds admirable to me. She got interested in a cause, figured out she was out of her league but wants in the game, so she's studying and putting in the time to learn.

That's is FAR different than cheating and bribing to get into a college. There is nothing illegal about what Kim is doing.

I hope she is sincere and I wish her the best. Anyone who wants to do good in the world deserves encouragement, imo.

jmo

Well, that is interesting. Apprenticeships really are very good, yet so are classes in colleges. Kim may be very smart, have an IQ, who knows may be eligible for Mensa however she has a lot to learn in law and in using common sense. Most people know what Kim can do, we see that in her daily life photos, TV talk shows, but if she wants be to be serious about her new quest, the sexy photo shoots need to be tailored down, clean up her act. And for heaven sakes, stop bragging on how easy it is to make a 100 on a test. She should be proud of herself for that but not everyone’s likes to hear other people brag. She may have a photographic memory but she will have to prove that 100 means she knows and can apply the information.
It would not surprise me to see Kim and family go around to talk shows bragging, about her acceptance, telling people what she is going to do with her new career. This makes me wonder is it another ploy for the family to make money off the interviews, keep themselves in the news so they make more money off more appearances. If Kim wants to be taken serious by the public AND others in law and law enforcements then she needs to make many changes. The world will be watching her. I hope she succeeds and shows she is worthy to belong to the Bar. Apprenticeship or university, with what has happened lately, terrible to even think and say, but I hope she does not use her fame and money to buy her new career. This is just my own opinion.

I wish I was as organized as Kim.

A separate office. Tutors who come to see you.
A house with white walls, white floors, white furniture and nothing in it but three toddlers. All free of mud, jam, chocolate, pencils and drawings. Don't they ever throw up? or tantrums?

I guess their real home is somewhere in the backyard.

But still. I wish.

so will she be flying to San Fran 3 days a week for 4 years for this internship? Or will she be allowed to just facetime? special privilege...hmm?

Kim responds to criticism:

“'I’ve seen some comments from people who are saying it’s my privilege or money that got me here, but that’s not the case,' she wrote. 'The state bar doesn’t care who you are. Everyone can take this route if you live in a state where this is allowed. It’s true I did not finish college. You need 60 college credits (I had 75) to take part in reading the law, which is an in office law school being apprenticed by lawyers.'”

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/15/kim-kardashian-defends-law-school-studies-after-facing-criticism/

Dedicated law student Kim Kardashian was pictured with a binder tucked under her arm as she arrived at her torts exam on Wednesday.

Later in the day she wrote, 'Aced my test btw' on Twitter along with some related emojis.

On Instagram on Tuesday Kim shared a glimpse of some study notes in her binder as well as flashcards featuring handwritten legal definitions and key terms on them, such as 'negligence', 'standard of care' and 'breach of duty.'

Kim Kardashian arrives for law school exam in LA | Daily Mail Online

Dedicated law student Kim Kardashian was pictured with a binder tucked under her arm as she arrived at her torts exam on Wednesday.

Later in the day she wrote, 'Aced my test btw' on Twitter along with some related emojis.

On Instagram on Tuesday Kim shared a glimpse of some study notes in her binder as well as flashcards featuring handwritten legal definitions and key terms on them, such as 'negligence', 'standard of care' and 'breach of duty.'

Kim Kardashian arrives for law school exam in LA | Daily Mail Online

All this does remind me a little bit of Elle Woods....

“Last year I registered with the California State Bar to study law. For the next 4 years, a minimum of 18 hours a week is required, I will take written and multiple choice tests monthly,” Kim explained in her Instagram caption. “As my first year is almost coming to an end I am preparing for the baby bar, a mini version of the bar, which is required when studying law this way.”

I don't see any reason to criticise her if she does all of the above, successfully.

I know people like to make fun of her and pretend she is a ditz. But she created her own wealth by working very hard as a business woman. She started selling clothing online in high school. The she and her sisters had a very successful boutique and children's store. They worked very hard to keep it going and it expanded.

So it is not like it was all handed to her.

Last edited:
Also, as I mentioned upthread, we lived in the Westlake/Calabasas area for many years. We wanted our kids to be in a good school district.

We were not rich but most of the families my kids went to school with were very wealthy. I am talking huge mansions, in the Malibu Hills or the gated communities. Kids given brand new Mercedes at 16.

And so many of these entitled kids ended up addicted to heroin or slacking off, playing video games 24/7, living in the basement of 27 room gated mansions, doing nothing.

So I credit Kim K for actually working hard and creating her own wealth as opposed to sponging off rich relatives, like many of these kids end up doing.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I have heard her speak on talk shows, and she does not sound all that intelligent to me. Yes, I know she is a multimillionaire, but do you want to become rich and famous because you put out a sex tape with your "then boyfriend" pi--ing on you, I sure don't. And come on, that is how she became famous, along with being a friend of Paris Hilton. I have young friends who recently took the bar exam and they say it was extremely difficult, and that is after many years of school and an extremely large student debt. Good luck to her!! JMO. Katt

Kim Kardashian Realizes That Being A Law Student Kind Of Sucks

Oh! The angst of it all! With her nannies, maids, cooks, a birth mother carrying her 4th child. Kim is so busy with 18 hours a week internship!

How on earth did I manage graduate school, full time job, 4 kids, no nannies, no maids, no cooks!
IKR right! WE ARE THE REAL SUPER HUMANS!!!! lets pat each other on the back :) just don't leave fingerprints on each others 25,000 $ Balmain jackets Ok? LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back