CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This news caught my attention. rbbm.
April 5 2019
Hamilton police searching for suspect who posed as officer in K9 unit
"Police say on Thursday at around 10 a.m., a man showed up at a residence in the area of Homestead Drive and Strathearne Place, posing as a police officer. The man, police say, was wearing dark clothing that resembled a police uniform and he was driving a dark-coloured vehicle that did not have any police markings.

According to investigators, the man told the homeowner that he needed to use the property for a “K9 exercise.”
"On Friday, while police were canvassing the area for witnesses, a neighbour told officers that he too had been approached by a man with a similar request. He also gave the suspect permission to use the property. He told police say he saw two men walking through his yard but did not see a dog"

"The suspect has been described by police as a Caucasian male who is between 35 and 45 years old. Police say he has short, blond hair and is clean-shaven."

Your line of thought, dotr?
Not likely related at this point, but thinking of the breed usually associated with LE and Audrey's German Shepherds.
Wondered if she would first crate her dogs, then open her door to someone wearing a LE, K9 uniform?
Earlier, there was speculation about possible connections with this case and that of a woman who was nearly beaten to death in her photography studio, LE had mentioned a blond male seen at the time...
fwiw, speculation, imo.
CANADA - Canada - Shelley Loder, 44, Mono, 7 Dec 2010

Last edited:
Not likely related at this point, but thinking of the breed usually associated with LE and Audrey's German Shepherds.
Wondered if she would first crate her dogs, then open her door to someone wearing a LE, K9 uniform?
Earlier, there was speculation about possible connections with this case and that of a woman who was nearly beaten to death in her photography studio, LE had mentioned a blond male seen at the time...
fwiw, speculation, imo.
CANADA - Canada - Shelley Loder, 44, Mono, 7 Dec 2010
MonoShelleyWanted.jpeg
I remember the pic of the reddish blonde man, dotr!
Would AG have let in an "officer" through her garage doors?

Last edited by a moderator:
April 5 2019
"Police say on Thursday at around 10 a.m., a man showed up at a residence in the area of Homestead Drive and Strathearne Place, posing as a police officer. The man, police say, was wearing dark clothing that resembled a police uniform and he was driving a dark-coloured vehicle that did not have any police markings.

According to investigators, the man told the homeowner that he needed to use the property for a “K9 exercise.”
"On Friday, while police were canvassing the area for witnesses, a neighbour told officers that he too had been approached by a man with a similar request. He also gave the suspect permission to use the property. He told police say he saw two men walking through his yard but did not see a dog"

"The suspect has been described by police as a Caucasian male who is between 35 and 45 years old. Police say he has short, blond hair and is clean-shaven."
UPDATE. RBBM.
Lol, turns out it was not fake K9 unit!

Police say they made a mistake, nobody posed as a K-9 officer in Hamilton
"Hamilton police say it turns out they were wrong when they said someone was posing as a K-9 officer in a city neighbourhood."
Now they say they've learned RCMP K-9 officers had been conducting training exercises in the neighbourhood at the time."

revisiting this... I see in the timeline for Audrey, she didn't finish her masters degree as well. I don't think it's uncommon.
I taught with Audrey for a number of years at a Hamilton Highschool up until 1998. She was a very sharp, smart and intelligent lady. She was also a very guarded lady. To this day, I cannot believe she let her guard down. I do believe she knew or knew of her perpetrator.
Just wondering if any DNA is being run through the detecting systems that are in place today.

I taught with Audrey for a number of years at a Hamilton Highschool up until 1998. She was a very sharp, smart and intelligent lady. She was also a very guarded lady. To this day, I cannot believe she let her guard down. I do believe she knew or knew of her perpetrator.
Just wondering if any DNA is being run through the detecting systems that are in place today.

Thank you, Doverite, for your personal experience and for confirming what most of us have long thought. A smart, single female living alone and keeping two German Shepherd Dogs as her companions isn't likely to open her door to just anyone ; my opinion only

$350K in uncollected rewards for unsolved Hamilton murders, missing persons and hit-and-runs
Feb 26, 2016

Not all unsolved crimes in Hamilton are associated with cash rewards. Here’s a sampling of cold cases still on the police books:
Audrey Gleave, 73, was found stabbed, attacked and sexually assaulted in her Indian Trail home in rural Ancaster on Dec. 29, 2010. Police originally laid charges against an eccentric Brantford man who was living in an abandoned barn down the road, but charges were dropped after DNA evidence didn’t match. Police have called the slaying one of the most vicious of the past decade.
Did they actually have DNA evidence? Or just forensic evidence such as shoe impressions?

April 5 2019

creepy and weird
likely just scoping out places to b & e?

Did they actually have DNA evidence? Or just forensic evidence such as shoe impressions?
I think it was more like... the homeless man was released after about half a year was wasted setting their sights on him, when they could've/should've been investigating every tip, lead, and etc, instead of betting the bank on him only. His knife was forensically tested and found no evidence of AG's DNA, is my guess. Some neighbors were not even interviewed, according to some MSM reports. Difficult to get that lost half-year back. jmo.

They may have DNA evidence from the scene, but perhaps it is only DNA that already had an existing reason for being there. ie if the killer was known to AG as they now believe to be the case, any DNA present in the garage may be therefore meaningless as far as identifying a killer.

I think it was more like... the homeless man was released after about half a year was wasted setting their sights on him, when they could've/should've been investigating every tip, lead, and etc, instead of betting the bank on him only. His knife was forensically tested and found no evidence of AG's DNA, is my guess. Some neighbors were not even interviewed, according to some MSM reports. Difficult to get that lost half-year back. jmo.

They may have DNA evidence from the scene, but perhaps it is only DNA that already had an existing reason for being there. ie if the killer was known to AG as they now believe to be the case, any DNA present in the garage may be therefore meaningless as far as identifying a killer.
They def. had shoe impressions

Hi All, I am meeting with the current investigator in the major crime unit for Hamilton on Audreys case next week. What are some questions that you think I should ask about the current investigation and or evidence that they might have on file or in this Case?
Thanks for asking!
Random questions that come to mind for now.
-Do they have a person/s of interest,
-did the examination of Audrey's dogs reveal anything pertinent to the case,
-has a motive been established,
-was the murder scene still believed to have been staged,
-was this clearly a targeted murder
-will the killer be likely to strike again
-do they think he has committed violent acts prior to attacking AG.
-can they reveal anything more about the case, ie evidence, dna ect.
????

has a link to millard been explored?
any leads from Audrey's online activity?
Hi All, I am meeting with the current investigator in the major crime unit for Hamilton on Audreys case next week. What are some questions that you think I should ask about the current investigation and or evidence that they might have on file or in this Case?

Hate to say this , but the relationship with the "fellow who discovered her" has always seemed suspicious to me . Hope I am wrong.

Best wishes and welcome.

Ask if it was determined if there was any evidence of any kind of sexual assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member