Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am for reporting any suspicious injuries on a child by a doctor, teacher, or concerned person, IMO many of the DCF time and funds are spent checking into these reports that prove invalid.
The Where do you draw the line? I have no idea!

With computers, it would seem that cases that have repetitive calls would be on an automatic check system so an eye is kept on them. If a family is known to have major problems in the household, it is doubtful their situation is going to clear up. JMO

It greatly disturbs me to learn that DCF couldn't do anything when this family had no electricity in the Illinois winter or the house was filthy with feces and urine. It wasn’t stated, was this dog waste?

....Sorry, I began to post in error.

I’ve been quietly following this case from the beginning. I have no words... I rarely dream, or at least I rarely remember my dreams, but last night I had a vivid dream that A.J. and Lucas Hernandez were playing together in a field.

I have to say she does look like a meth head and IMO they are the worst.

Urban Dictionary: methhead

or maybe she is a crackhead
Urban Dictionary: crackhead
On the day AJ went "missing" & her lawyer was speaking out on her behalf you can see the mad clenching of her jaws. After observing this, I immediately thought meth. Imo, meth seems to be the drug that is behind many of these senseless & horrific cases. Meth can cause psychosis, the initial high plunges into paranoia and rage. This unfortunate situation totally spiralled into grotesque abuse, torture & the death of their son. They make me sick & their death cannot come sooner.

"RIP AJ": Signs in jail windows send apparent message to parents of slain Illinois boy

Someone inside an Illinois county jail apparently had a message to send to the parents facing murder charges in the death of their 5-year-old son.

Handwritten signs reading "RIP AJ" appeared in the windows of the McHenry County Correctional Facility Thursday morning, NBC Chicago reported. The signs were visible moments before Joann Cunningham and Andrew Freund Sr. were set to face charges for the death of their son, Andrew "AJ" Freund.

The signs appeared around 8 a.m. local time, but all but one were removed a short time later.

Jail officials did not respond to a request for comment from NBC Chicago about the signs, including who posted them or why they were taken down. As many as five different signs could be seen posted in windows on several floors of the building.

I get the sense that because AF was from removed from his parents at only one month age, neither parent formed a bond with him, and when they gained custody at age 2, he really couldn't bond with these strangers. It wasn't as if he was going into an enriched environment. He has only one year with them and then a new child arrives and he is further shunted away from their attention, and affection. Looking at the hotel pool video, it looks to me like that child is getting fed more than marshmallows and water.

Responsible parents who refused to let drugs run their lives could have turned this all around and given this child safety and security.

But with these two, he had no chance. I suspect we'll find out that she was the one who perpetrated most of the final abuse. We might not be able to believe either one of their stories.

Everything said here is 100% accurate. I have extensive knowledge/experience in dealing with opioid addicts. I can say with utmost certainty how absolutely correct your observations are.

I agree, but opioid abusers are not as callous as the meth head or crack head IMO. Opioids are certainly causing havoc and such but they numb the user and put them in a state of bliss rather than what meth or crack head users experience or exhibits and/or does. Just my opinion from my knowledge and experience. Heroin, opioid, users want their "peace or high" and use the drug to make everything "good". Meth and crack, from my knowledge, is different. From classes I took years ago I have more knowledge about Meth abuse then crack but meth, for a mother, will inhibit any connection/bond that a mom has toward a child or toward protecting a child. Essentially, and in my words only, meth can erase in the brain the natural tendency that a normal mother would have toward protecting her child. Please note, these are my words and explanation only and I may have not articulated my point well but I do know meth will really negatively impact how a mother and her natural instincts to protect a child is incapacitated and diminished. Heroin/Opioids, as terrible as they are and the addiction is, doesn't necessarily create anger or meanness. Most heroin addicts I have spoken to or learned from tell me that Heroin just erases pain and "helps them get through a day" without having to deal with life in general and they tend to be rather peaceful. Apparently Heroin/opioids numb. Meth and crack abuse from my understanding is a whole other issue.

Not that any of this matters at this point, for whatever reason this little 5 year old, AJ, lost his life to at least one parent that had substance abuse issues, not that drug abuse should be an excuse. I think Joanne and "the father" of AJ and Parker may just be horribly terrible selfish abusive beings and, as only a side note, they have drug related addictions that may have contributed to their actions. Who knows? It is a sad shame that this little boy, AJ, lost his life to two losers and maybe two drug abusers.

Their days are numbered. They are at the very bottom of the inmate hierarchy.

"RIP AJ": Signs in jail windows send apparent message to parents of slain Illinois boy

Someone inside an Illinois county jail apparently had a message to send to the parents facing murder charges in the death of their 5-year-old son.

Handwritten signs reading "RIP AJ" appeared in the windows of the McHenry County Correctional Facility Thursday morning, NBC Chicago reported. The signs were visible moments before Joann Cunningham and Andrew Freund Sr. were set to face charges for the death of their son, Andrew "AJ" Freund.

The signs appeared around 8 a.m. local time, but all but one were removed a short time later.

Jail officials did not respond to a request for comment from NBC Chicago about the signs, including who posted them or why they were taken down. As many as five different signs could be seen posted in windows on several floors of the building.

Reminds me of the car video... where the younger brother was listening to her blow the whistle.... and the camera pans over to AJ for a second, who has his head down , not moving, then back to P.
Sleeping or just frightened, or drugged ?

Wonder if AJ had become a liability, and just not worth the "trouble" (according to JC and AF) ??

People who murder can certainly feel that a child is another mouth to feed ... or just a nuisance (Pointing out that NONE of us here who are parents , foster/grandparents, or caregivers will ever view beloved kids as a burden ! I'm talking about AJ's killers)

But JC and AF Sr. felt that AJ was not worth the extra food stamps or whatever benefits they gleaned from his being forced to live with them.

The hate emanates from their faces. They both looked in their mugshots like they were seething with rage --- i.e., how dare LE accuse them of anything ?

They were such good parents, struggling so hard against "the system".

Possibly--- AJ had become unreliable and started to "talk" ?

So many possibilities in that house of horrors.
I was thinking that too and possibly he threatened to tell cops and neighbors on them. Probably at times he said he hated them being beat down and tired of their abuse so then monsters went ballistic on him. Poor kid was probably bruised or showed marks on him most of his life so monsters kept him locked in the house most of the time in fear neighbors would call CPS on them. Neighbors said they never saw him outside. Maybe that’s why windows were broken AJ had tried to escape before.

Was he punched in the mouth? Looks like a scab on his lip.

Attachments

• 99EE9E25-C8BA-4F83-874E-29F26CF3DF20.jpeg
    99EE9E25-C8BA-4F83-874E-29F26CF3DF20.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 139
The pool video posted earlier was taken at the Lexington Inn in Elgin. Formally known as the Days Inn, the Lexington Inn is known for its drug activity and prostitution. JMO

Here’s JC’s bikini selfie from the same evening, 4-13-19.
Ugh that makes me want to throw up. Do you have a link for the pool video?

Yeah, caused quite a lot of speculation. Mom and little P having fun at a nearby hotel with indoor pool. No AJ in sight....on 4/13

I can't even. I don't understand. I'm so sorry little dudes...all 3 of you.

This does not surprise me at all. Good for them! Absolutely as a guard I'd ignore it and as an inmate I would risk it!

Those inmates have sons, brothers, nephews and cousins. Many of them miss the little boy's in their lives. I am sure many tears were shed in that jail, just like they were at Webseluths.

I have innocent clients who would give anything to spend just 15 minutes with their children. Just one more hug, one more game of catch, they may never get that chance.

Inmates love the kids in their lives too. I suspect these two will be in solitary or moved like Chris Watts and Jake Patterson.

Ugh that makes me want to throw up. Do you have a link for the pool video?

The video was uploaded on Vimeo as it was non-shareable from Facebook. When I post the video link here, it just posts the video as ‘media’ but not the actual URL.

Last edited:
Since there has been much talk about infants born addicted to drugs, I thought it would be a perfect time to bring up a very special program that may be available in hospitals near you. The program may be called something like Baby Cuddlers or Cuddle Care.

Infants born addicted to drugs are diagnosed with NAS or neonatal abstinence syndrome.These babies require a special amount of care to survive the excruciating withdrawal process. Special trained volunteer cuddlers can play an important part of their survival and maybe that is you?

They have found that these babies need human touch and need to be held for extended periods of time while they go through the withdraw process. NAS babies are irritable, inconsolable and are unable to sooth themselves. They need skin to skin, they need to be held to feel safe and secure - they need love.

I have had the heartbreaking pleasure of being able to spend dedicated one on one time with some of the most vulnerable kiddos going through withdrawal and I will never forget it. I included a link below that gives information on the program and a quick google search or call to your local hospital will verify if that is something hospitals near you participate in ❤️

Needed: volunteers to help cuddle babies in opioid withdrawal

Not true about heroine/cocaine not making people aggressive. From personal experience, it makes people extremely out of touch and aggressive. My mom was completely out of it and many, many times I was sure she was going to kill my dad.

I completely agree with you. Opioid addicts are not "calm, mellow people". They are self centered, and the drug use creates a callousness towards others.

The perpetrators took out a lot of rage on AJ.

I completely agree with you. Opioid addicts are not "calm, mellow people". They are self centered, and the drug use creates a callousness towards others.

Not to mention, in a lot of cases, there’s much more than drug addiction. My mom, for example, has borderline personality disorder so even when drugs are/were removed, she still has a very manipulative/depressive/complex personality. It’s very hard with mental illness tbh. But, murdering your own child is just too far. My mom was very addicted and aggressive for about 10 years of my life but she NEVER touched me or my sister. Actually there was ONE time where I got super upset and was screaming at her that she hit me but literally only once in 10 years of severe drug abuse. My mom has been clean for years and now at 60, she has found peace. So people do recover but criminal behaviour like that is just... unexplainable. My mom never killed anyone or hurt anyone and she definitely would never hide a body of her own kid. Yes, her illness created emotional trauma on us but like I said, there’s a line. These two crossed the line of mental illness. I’m very empathetic towards mental illness/addiction because I know a lot of times the person does not want to be in that situation. My mom lost basically everything and she had to re-do her life. She wasn’t happy when she was in self destruct mode. People don’t choose to be born with a mental illness and have a lot of traumas that exacerbate it. My mom lost 3 children (1 stillborn at 9 months, twins that lived a few days) and her parents before she was 30). I’m not making excuses for her, but you have to try to understand what makes someone so troubled.

However, there’s a line and these crazies passed it. I haven’t heard from JC but the dad seemed totally sociopathetic on the 911 call, interviews, etc... he was fully conscious and was lying and just acting like a sociopath.

I think my judgment of mental illness normally is: if someone who had terminal cancer had done this to their kids, would I still want them in jail? The answer is hell yes. When I compare a mental illness such as addiction to a serious physical illness and I’d still judge the one with the physical illness as harshly, then for me it’s because the line has been crossed between mental illness and serious criminal behaviour.

I don’t like to generalize. Some parents do get clean after giving birth to kids with opioids or worse in their systems. And babies/kids are more resilient than we think if given the opportunity to leave the hospital and grow up in a stable environment. I mentioned Simone Biles, the Olympic gold medalist. Her mom was deeply, deeply addicted when pregnant with her. She was in jail 22 times while pregnant with Simone and Simone was born with drugs in her system. Unlike this case though, Child Services removed her and her little sister from the home very early on and placed them in foster care. They did give their mom a second chance but in a few months she relapsed and it was game over after 2 strikes. Perhaps because she’s black? The girls’ grandfather and his wife adopted them from the foster system when Simone was 5 and she is amazing. Best female athlete I’ve seen, ever. Plus just so positive and sweet and a great role model who is a spokesperson and helps other kids. So like I said, let’s not generalize. Kids born addicted to opioids/drugs CAN thrive if growing up in a loving and caring environment. The little ones are resilient. That’s what hurts the most. If the effing state had removed AJ from that home, he could have done great things in this world. I cannot get over that. He was 5. His life was not over. He could have a had chance to overcome all of this but he just never got one. :(

The photo of AJ wearing the haircut smock came from a series of photos posted on March 11.

(Sorry, no link. It’s a screenshot taken of a photo from JC’s Facebook page)

Attachments

• E46F1BBF-38BF-45C6-993E-2109F8B1A674.jpeg
    E46F1BBF-38BF-45C6-993E-2109F8B1A674.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Their violent tendencies probably worsened during withdrawals, making them unsafe to be around. Idk what drugs they were under the influence of when they decided to murder a child, but a combo of Rx & illegal street drugs would be my guess. I don’t even care, I only want them to live to be 100, in a most miserable environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong