AZ AZ - Pima Co., WhtFem UP17112, 16-27, found on Mt Lemmon, Apr'72

I wonder If they know more about the date of the cigarette packages. As the bus ticket was recognizable...As a supposed smoker she would have persuaded them just before her dead. It's not an item she would have kept a long period of time before her dead. Although "mean-me" says somebody could have put them in her bag as a decoy....but that is not very likely. I looked at the adds for Pall-Mall from the 50's and 60's. At first glans the packages don't seem to be very different from each other.

NamUs UP 17112
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/17112

Snipped for the sake of brevity.

Any Doe Network link for this case ?

At the Namus link, under "Circumstances", it now says that the remains were discovered "by a member of the public in 1972. Case number ML00-0751 assigned in 2000 when reported to the medical examiner." So the ticket, etc., only had to survive the elements 7-12 years or so.

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/17112

I just noticed that too, that explains a few things actually. It also means that this UID's been unidentified for a lot longer than 18 years. Love your name by the way.

Pondering on Ida Mae Lee (native American) as a possibility. In the files white and native is mixed up a lot of times. Stats (as far as they are there) are fitting, age is on the higher end of the range, but they are not exactly sure about Ida's age, no DOB) Area where she was last seen working (Grand Canyon National Park, AZ) is approx. 6 hours from Mt. Lemmon. In 1956 she worked in a hotel (could explain de origin of a flight bag) There is not a lot on MP.
Missing Person Case
Ida Mae Lee – The Charley Project

Wonder if a tax stamp was still on the cigarettes and if it was in any shape to be identified by eyeball or special light spectrometry?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Lets take another look at the things found near and on her body and what we found out/our thoughts about that

Accessories
  • 2 Pall Mall cigarette packages <not mentioned dates, stamps etc., she most likely was a smoker>
  • finger nail file <no further inf0, no picture>
  • demonstration tube of "Pagoda" lipstick (Avon) <produced since the early 30's and discontinued in 1960>
  • small chain (key chain type) <no further info, no picture>
  • three match book covers- two of which were manufactured by the "Monarch Match Co."- San Jose, CA. <existed until 1966 and then merged with another company, packages carrying another manumark after that; Monarch/Superior>
  • clear plastic comb <no further information, no picture>
  • 12 coins years up to 1959 <wonder how much it was in total, a very little money to have on you when traveling?>
  • page fragments from possible street corner literature <no further info, could be from anywhere>
  • Tucson Rapid Transit Zone 3 transfer ticket <is this a ticket for traveling through 3 zones or is this a certain area?>
  • yellow "flight bag" <what is a flight bag anyway?, you would think there must be something on it to call it a flight bag, or do they mean a travel bag?>
  • straw purse <I wonder what kind>
Clothing
blue denims- 25"-25 1/2" waist, zipper on the left side, belt loops, Western style pockets (buttons missing) <consistent with women's denims style in the 50's) a white pearl button (probably from the denims)

Near the Body
Footwear
2pr. of shoes- white, moccasin-style shoes and a pair of canvass, lace-up shoes with rubber soles <both shoes not fit for hiking, consistent with traveling theory>

Are there any rule outs for this Jane Doe?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back