Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I think. He was following and menacing them. I don't believe he was saying one word to them at that time. (Amazing, BTW, that people can see him talking in two seconds of video. His body language wasn't of someone who was talking, IMO).

But I think they felt scared because of how he was quickly and scarily walking up to them quickly (I think) like that, without saying anything.

So Liberty decided to record him.

Smart girl.
Much has been made of her bravery, but yes, the word “smart” comes to mind just as strongly. Now imagine if Libby had emergency alerts set up on her phone and could have set it off while it was in her pocket the moment she realized this wasn’t just creepy, but extremely dangerous. If she had, she could have clicked the power button 3 times and had SOS texts with audio, video, and map location sent out immediately to multiple people. The perp would not have even known, as it does it silently.

By the way, anyone who has this set up should have a code or safe word in place with those contacts. I accidentally set mine off last week and two of my three SOS contacts immediately tried to reach me. When I texted one back saying it was an accident, he was smart enough to ask me a trick question that would tell him if it was me and not someone else who had grabbed my phone. I then set up code questions/words with the others that only we would know the answers to.

Much has been made of her bravery, but yes, the word “smart” comes to mind just as strongly. Now imagine if Libby had emergency alerts set up on her phone and could have set it off while it was in her pocket the moment she realized this wasn’t just creepy, but extremely dangerous. If she had, she could have clicked the power button 3 times and had SOS texts with audio, video, and map location sent out immediately to multiple people. The perp would not have even known, as it does it silently.

By the way, anyone who has this set up should have a code or safe word in place with those contacts. I accidentally set mine off last week and two of my three SOS contacts immediately tried to reach me. When I texted one back saying it was an accident, he was smart enough to ask me a trick question that would tell him if it was me and not someone else who had grabbed my phone. I then set up code questions/words with the others that only we would know the answers to.

A friend of mine in another state set hers off by mistake, too. She had to make some quick phone calls!

Wow, thank you for this, it's amazing to be on that bridge. I finally feel what it is like to walk on it.

Yeah you couldn’t pay me a million $ to walk across that bridge. I wouldn’t even crawl across it. I’m scared of heights. lol. I watched one video where 3 people were walking it and one guys movements almost made me sick because he seems so close to the edge at times.

"We are just beginning. We are just now beginning."
I watched/read the press conference yet again and, call me dense, but I finally just now understand it. I finally understand that the two week moratorium was not because they are close, it's because they are not close. The family needs to digest that fact that they are just now beginning and, for whatever reason, they were off on the wrong track. It makes my heart sink.

I do not actually believe that this must be the case, although it may be. Many times after an arrest is made, LE will say, "Now the real work begins." LE may be just beginning because they are now starting to connect all of the dots for the the "new" suspect. They may be sifting through their mounds of evidence to figure out what relates to the man in the new sketch. It does not mean that LE has no clue or that they are back to the drawing board. I cannot for the life of me imagine that LE is now dealing with a blank slate. There is absolutely no way that LE would take such a drastic turn in the case, risk all of their credibility, and make such bold statements on national television if they did not have a solid piece of evidence to support their claims. Remember identifying a suspect and making an arrest are two of the first steps. It is a long road from there to a conviction at trial!

Just a quick note this morning to say that if you have already submitted tips to the email address in the first post on this thread and are worried that they have not gone through because of the capital A, please rest assured that capitalization in emails does not affect the servers or routing to deliver them.

This is an email I sent on Tuesday.

View attachment 181233

I received confirmation of receipt within minutes.

View attachment 181234

Just wanting to clear that up in case people are worried that they need to resubmit anything.

Thank you for confirming this. I’m sorry for any confusion caused I just wanted to ensure the tips get there ok.

I do not actually believe that this must be the case, although it may be. Many times after an arrest is made, LE will say, "Now the real work begins." LE may be just beginning because they are now starting to connect all of the dots for the the "new" suspect. They may be sifting through their mounds of evidence to figure out what relates to the man in the new sketch. It does not mean that LE has no clue or that they are back to the drawing board. I cannot for the life of me imagine that LE is now dealing with a blank slate. There is absolutely no way that LE would take such a drastic turn in the case, risk all of their credibility, and make such bold statements on national television if they did not have a solid piece of evidence to support their claims. Remember identifying a suspect and making an arrest are two of the first steps. It is a long road from there to a conviction at trial!
I hope so @GA_Peach. I am going to go with your positivity. Thanks for lifting me up :)

After studying the pic of BG for QUITE some time last night (and after being predictably freaked out by doing it so late), I made a couple of observations.

First, I think the pic needs to be stretched lengthwise to get a truer image (something about the angle or image itself is making him look squatter than he is). Also, as many others have said, he is unusually layered up with clothing and it's making him look bulkier. When you look at the sleeve of his right arm, the sleeve has significant extra material. It kind of looks like if I wear my boyfriend's oversized jacket and have to push up the sleeve a lot.

Also, I looked at the image using many different Instagram filters. The X-Pro II filter really highlighted the object in his right pocket. I agree with the posters who said it looks like a gun. I was skeptical at first, but look at the image using this particular filter and you will clearly see what I mean.

What's on top of his head is debatable. Some see a hat (as I did at first). Others swear this is not a hat and now I'm starting to agree that this is another attempt by him to disguise himself. I think it's a very, very bad hairpiece or wig. And this gives me the feeling that it's this that caused Libby to take his picture. I know a lot of kids will take people's pics in public not because they are afraid (which of course, could still have been the case here), BUT she may have been taking his picture because he looked just plain WEIRD.

Then, I isolated looking at the right side of his face and then just the left side of his face. Folks, don't do this late at night if you want to have a good night's sleep!

Thank you to everyone for this thoughtful and intelligent discussion. I hope there is a resolution and justice will come soon.

All of the above is JMHO.

Perhaps he has no hair, and is wearing a wig.

Like many of you, I have poured over that video and listened to the audio and here's my concern.

With the original sketch I was able to see that person in the video. With the new sketch, I see the new person in the video. By suggestion, I see what I'm being told to see. By suggestion, I am trying to make it fit. I no longer see a beard or goatee. Now I see clean shaven. Where I thought the BG might be a bit stocky, I now see a lean figure. I'm hearing what others have suggested they hear in the garbled piece of audio between Guys and Dow The Hill but I don't really think that's what is there.

My brain is taking in all the suggestions and making it fit.

I really hope they have DNA of BG so that any of these grey and suggestible areas become moot. I think LE needs to be really careful and have all i's dotted and all the t's crossed.

MOO
Even though I'm a fairly regular poster and I knew bits and pieces about this case, I am fairly new to the details. I haven't followed it closely for two years so I'm coming at it with fairly fresh eyes but I agree with you - the power of suggestion is strong. That said, to me, the first sketch fits the figure better but I also see a younger, shaven face. I also see a baseball cap, not a hoodie.

Also, as a court stenographer, I have listened to hours and hours of taped audio during my professional career and I hear "Go down the hill". I do not hear the word "guys".

What I'm most surprised about, though, is the graininess of the video and/or photo image. Even an older phone would take good video and photos. Maybe I've watched too much Criminal Minds and Dateline, but I'm surprised they aren't able to provide a sharper image, especially since they have the original.

Remember identifying a suspect and making an arrest are two of the first steps. It is a long road from there to a conviction at trial!

Yes.....I feel totally sure they know exactly who it is. I think many people in Delphi do as well. They don’t have enough to convict and they need something more...which I think they will get. But in the meantime they are appealing to relatives (especially), friends and the suspect himself to turn himself in. In my opinion he is involved in society and this sketch is going to really incriminate him and make socializing awkward. I hope he does come forward.

I suspect they were his first victims. I also suspect there has been another victim since Feb. 13 2017
I suspect they were his first victims I think some of the thrill was planning, thinking, dreaming through the kill. I don’t think he’s attacked since. Some don’t. Some find that the fantasy is better than the actual crime.

Ex: The killings of Michella Welch and Jenni Bastian in Washington. It is believed both suspects did not kill again.

First time poster from Canada. Thought i would direct you folks to a fantastic podcast i just listened to that was released 6 hours ago. The podcast is called Best Case, Worst Case. It is hosted by 3 former FBI agents and a former District Attorney. Fantastic insight on why certain items are released to public, etc...

Yes.....I feel totally sure they know exactly who it is. I think many people in Delphi do as well. They don’t have enough to convict and they need something more...which I think they will get. But in the meantime they are appealing to relatives (especially), friends and the suspect himself to turn himself in. In my opinion he is involved in society and this sketch is going to really incriminate him and make socializing awkward. I hope he does come forward.

BBM....I prayed for this the moment my eyes opened this morning. May today be the day.

I dont know. We have two completely different sketches and a between 18 and 40 description. I feel they are completely lost and have no idea where to turn other than the media in hope somebody remembers something from 2 years ago.

First time poster from Canada. Thought i would direct you folks to a fantastic podcast i just listened to that was released 6 hours ago. The podcast is called Best Case, Worst Case. It is hosted by 3 former FBI agents and a former District Attorney. Fantastic insight on why certain items are released to public, etc...

Thank you! Gonna listen to that now while I get ready for the day.

machete is too long for even my 6’1”’husband. Came past is knee. Working on sourcing long knives in sheaths. Didn’t even bother to video. Strapped it to him at his hip with the handle higher up. He walked definitely different but if it’s a knife in a sheath he’s either taller or it’s a smaller knife.

ETA: should I measure my husband from hip to knee and use that size knife for comparison? So many variables, the scientist in me is a bit overloaded.

Very interesting. At least it’s a definite no. BG’s other pant leg has the same appearance at points, so I’m beginning to think it’s just the way his jeans move. But I’m still intrigued since I’ve been wrong many, many times!

Published 4/27/17
Delphi Daughters: The Untold Story of Abby & Libby
RTV6 - Indy Channel

JMO - This video really shows how LE has been very emotional throughout this entire case. Not just Doug Carter and not just this week because of the sketchy sketch situation. From the beginning, those speaking have become very emotional and fighting to get their words out with breaking down. This is way beyond "normal" angry LE that we are more used to seeing. Something very bad and twisted went on in those woods seemingly way beyond "just" the murder of two young girls. They are all so stricken and horrified and that is scary as hell to see.

Off topic but is there an app for this?

HGO, just Google. There are multiple ways to listen. If you have an iPhone, the podcast app is usually built in. That's how I listen to my podcasts. But you can also listen directly from a website.

I agree. And it doesn’t seem like a very good idea to have one’s hands in one’s pockets when walking on a structure such as that one.
I would have my hands in my pockets to stop from flailing around if I lost my footing. I have a fear of bridges. I probably couldn’t walk on that thing but whenever I walk on regular bridges, I always have my hands in my pockets. Sort of like holding myself to stay upright, if that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member