Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have my hands in my pockets to stop from flailing around if I lost my footing. I have a fear of bridges. I probably couldn’t walk on that thing but whenever I walk on regular bridges, I always have my hands in my pockets. Sort of like holding myself to stay upright, if that makes any sense.

I almost always walk across high structures like that, including this bridge, with my hands in my pocket. I need to hold onto something and my pants pocket will usually suffice.

When the police stated that he could have worked in Delphi, this doesn't necessarily always mean a co-worker at a company or business.

The perpetrator could be someone who was a delivery guy from businesses/restaurants or even a courier with packages. Or, a delivery from a local lumber yard.

A delivery person is someone who looks familiar but we can't always place them.

Even though I'm a fairly regular poster and I knew bits and pieces about this case, I am fairly new to the details. I haven't followed it closely for two years so I'm coming at it with fairly fresh eyes but I agree with you - the power of suggestion is strong. That said, to me, the first sketch fits the figure better but I also see a younger, shaven face. I also see a baseball cap, not a hoodie.

Also, as a court stenographer, I have listened to hours and hours of taped audio during my professional career and I hear "Go down the hill". I do not hear the word "guys".

What I'm most surprised about, though, is the graininess of the video and/or photo image. Even an older phone would take good video and photos. Maybe I've watched too much Criminal Minds and Dateline, but I'm surprised they aren't able to provide a sharper image, especially since they have the original.

I think the problem is that he was much farther away than it appears in the video. I've heard 50 feet, but I could be wrong. At any rate, the image has been zoomed in quite a bit, which is one of the reasons why it has limited clarity. Also, too, I don't believe the camera stayed on him for very long. I think Libby was trying to be discreet and what images/video we have were taken within a few flashing seconds. I bet if we were to see that whole segment we'd see shots of the ground, the bridge, maybe the sky, and then BG. It's difficult to walk, hold your phone discreetly, and film something behind you all at the same time.

\\

BTK was a dutiful husband, father, church going kinda, civil servant, guy. He didn't abuse his wife or kids, drink or do drugs and his relationships with his family members were as normal as white Chevrolets.

Ted Bundy had a GF who knew that LE was looking for a "Ted" who drove a beige VW bug and had a leg cast. She was living with Ted, he drove a beige VW and she found plaster and wrapping fabric in her bathroom. It never dawned on her. They had a great relationship, according to her. He wasn't a drunk or druggie.

That's just 2 off the top of my head.

Wayne Gacy. Family guy, pillar of the community with 17 or so dead bodies in his crawl space.

BG isn't being outed because he is completely normal. There is nothing suspect about him.

It was much different in the 70s and 80s than it is today so just to say it can’t be expected after a mass murderer is captured the wife is going to face public wrath by admitting she had deep suspicions but kept quiet. If the murderer of these girls is in a functioning marriage and she hasn’t reported him, it’s because she knows but really doesn’t want to know. JMO

Their faces looked pretty angry, upset, and tormented, if you ask me. I don't think LE likes realizing that they've been following the wrong lead for two years, either. Updating the case with the newest information they have is the most important thing.

I read earlier in the thread that it seems like someone new perhaps indeed did just that — started over from the very beginning and maybe found something in the evidence that everyone else had completely overlooked. It happens pretty regularly.

The fact of the matter I think is that we will never know LE's motives or reasoning until BG is caught. Hoping that day is very, very soon — and refraining from judgment in the meantime.
My thoughts exactly......I applaud a new direction....better than the old one that obviously didn't work.

I think the problem is that he was much farther away than it appears in the video. I've heard 50 feet, but I could be wrong. At any rate, the image has been zoomed in quite a bit, which is one of the reasons why it has limited clarity. Also, too, I don't believe the camera stayed on him for very long. I think Libby was trying to be discreet and what images/video we have were taken within a few flashing seconds. I bet if we were to see that whole segment we'd see shots of the ground, the bridge, maybe the sky, and then BG. It's difficult to walk, hold your phone discreetly, and film something behind you all at the same time.
Makes sense. He had to be close enough for his voice to be picked up though, which is harder in a wide open space.

Sgt. Holeman confirms the physical phone was found.

ISP: More audio recovered from slain Delphi teen's phone

That article had several interesting tidbits.

* “At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” said Sgt. Holeman.

* “Several” witnesses came forward to say they saw him walking the trails that day.

* Phone found with girls.

In the press release it states it is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:

• They are not the same person
• The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
• The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge

Delphi Homicide task force clarifies their reason for issuing a new sketch in murder case

Yeah, my smart phone generally produces really good images, UNTIL I zoom in. A picture of my cat across the room with the camera on zoom is barely worth taking once you see the quality of it on a computer. And I’m fairly certain he was further than “the other side of the room” at this point.

I recall he was about 70 feet away but I don’t know where I got that from either. There was definitely a fairly great distance involved which is why the photo appears very grainy and unfocused.

GH posted a couple videos and was able to match the tree limb and a certain rotted board iirc to the killers location on the bridge.

If people are only in this for the money then I feel sorry for them. The only people who deserve that money are the families. That’s my personal opinion and that’s all I have to say about that subject. End of.
Agree wholeheartedly and willing to bet they’d gladly share it with whoever turned this monster in!

I dont know. We have two completely different sketches and a between 18 and 40 description. I feel they are completely lost and have no idea where to turn other than the media in hope somebody remembers something from 2 years ago.

Ignore the first sketch, they messed up. The second one is the real one and very good.

The 18-40 range threw me at first. I think they know his exact age. But my thinking is that they want people to come forward that saw him on the trail or as the driver of the abandoned vehicle and not limit witnesses in case he appeared older/younger.

Last edited:
Yes.....I feel totally sure they know exactly who it is. I think many people in Delphi do as well. They don’t have enough to convict and they need something more...which I think they will get. But in the meantime they are appealing to relatives (especially), friends and the suspect himself to turn himself in. In my opinion he is involved in society and this sketch is going to really incriminate him and make socializing awkward. I hope he does come forward.

Putting on my optimism hat ..... as LE is certain he’s local, that lends support IMO to the theory he’s someone they’ve looked at already but can’t pin down - because they must’ve looked at every local possibility by now! JMO

.... and the multiple pleas to relatives and witnesses to come forward supports IMO the theory that the reason they can’t pin him down is someone is covering for him.

Moreover if he’s getting false alibi coverage IMO that supports the theory that he’s someone with some level of standing in the community, because a marginal figure will find fewer & less credible people to lie for him .... if he’s embedded enough to have one person lie for him, it seems likely that he’d be able to recruit others as well. And that can provide the sort of alibi that, even if false, can be a real barrier to prosecution.

And yet, following this line of thinking, he’d have to be simultaneously well-established enough to have people who will cover for him .... and not so well-established that the girls knew him (because IMO if they called him ‘a creepy guy’ they didn’t recognize him). So IMO that fits with the idea that he’s on the younger end of adulthood - however established he is, he’s likely only been in that position for a few years. (And/or he could be a somewhat recent transplant to Delphi - well-known & depended on by some people with enough credibility to cover for him, but not by everyone in town because that would’ve included the girls JMO.)

AFAIK the only real ‘change of direction’ in the recent press conference was the claim that BG is younger than previously thought .... that didn’t seem like a big deal at the time to me, but taking it as truth & following it thru as above can suggest IMO LE did know exactly what they were doing with that bizarre scene on Monday.

All this rambling is to say .... I’ve argued myself back into believing LE truly is getting close! Fingers crossed the arrest will come today!!

Do you think it is his first murder? If we accept your version, it probably is not.

About the gait - either diabetes with neuropathy, or habitual drinking. Very possible. But, he walked the high bridges, for sure.

I think he is rather lonely.

What a way to make friends!

Ignore the first sketch, they messed up. The second one is the real one and very good.

The 18-40 range threw me at first. I think they know his exact age. But my thinking is that they want people to come forward that saw him on the trail or as the driver of the white van and not limit witnesses in case he appeared older/younger.
What white van ?...... Link please ?.....moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members