Found Deceased Canada - Trinity Poil, 16, left without belongings, Petawawa, Ontario, 12 Feb 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Search For Trinity Poil Expands

The search continues for a Petawawa teen who disappeared without a trace from her family home two-and-a-half weeks ago.

It’s believed that Trinity Poil, 16, left her home on Garrison Petawawa sometime during the early morning hours of Feb. 13 while wearing a black jacket with purple lining, a black toque with cat ears and grey boots with fur trim.

She did not take a phone, a laptop, a bank card or cash.

upload_2019-3-3_3-15-59.jpeg

STILL MISSING: Search continues for Petawawa teen

Trinity Poil Missing Feb 2019

MissingKidsALERT.ca Profile

March 29, 2019
Video, lengthy article.
The mysterious disappearance of Trinity Poil
"PETAWAWA, Ont. — Trinity Poil’s family celebrated her 17th birthday on Thursday without her.

There was a cake. Her present was neatly wrapped. But for six weeks now, there hasn’t been a trace of Trinity.

“Hopefully we can celebrate with her if she comes home tonight or tomorrow,” said Trinity’s mother, Tammy Poil. “Or the next minute. Or the next hour….”

“I don’t sleep a lot any more,” said her stepfather, Patrick Reddick, a corporal in the 2nd Service Battalion at Garrison Petawawa. “I’m waking up to every little sound, hoping the door will open and she’ll just walk in.”

The last sign of Trinity was the trail of footprints she left in the heaviest snowfall of the winter, steps that led down the driveway, then were swept away by a passing snowplow.

Trinity, who stands 6-1 and weighs 240 lbs, had simply vanished.

“We have gone through every second of every minute of that day trying to find any kind of logic as to why she would leave,” Tammy said. There had been no arguments. Patrick and Trinity had spent the night before playing video games in the basement. She seemed herself, with no sign of unhappiness or worry."
"She had never left home before. Trinity is on the autism spectrum and has difficulty navigating the most basic social interactions. Her life revolves around computers and video games, like Cuphead and Undertale. Her social contacts were in gaming communities on Twitch, Steam and Discord, online networks where she found the friends she couldn’t make in real life."
Did she wander off and get lost in the blizzard? Did she get picked up by someone she’d met online? Is she hanging out in someone’s basement, immersed in the online world, oblivious to her distraught family and the passage of time?

“She’s not the kind of kid who goes for a walk — ever,” Tammy said. “She stays home and works on her electronics. People ask me, ‘Where could she have gone?’ Well, the only place she would have gone was school and school was closed that day.”

13124111.jpg

A photo of Trinity with her mom, Tammy Poil. PROVIDED / Postmedia
"Trinity had trouble dealing with other students and Serviss helped her to understand the difference between a simple disagreement and true bullying, which Trinity sometimes faced.

Academically, Trinity’s grades were in the 90s, especially in classes that involved screen time. She taught herself to program in Java, C++ and html.

“She was nine when I realized she was smarter than I was,” Tammy said. “She came home from school talking about algorithms."
“She’s very quick to trust. She wants so badly to have friends and fit in that I think she would be easily coerced. Someone could have said, ‘Come over to my place and we’ll play video games or work on a project and she might actually do it,” Tammy said."
"Anyone who has any information about Trinity Poil’s whereabouts is asked to call Military Police at 613-687-5511 ext. 5444 or missingkids.ca at 1-866-Kid-Tips."

Parents hopeful as story spreads of Trinity Poil's disappearance | The Western Star

upload_2019-4-1_23-37-35.jpeg

The video image is blurry — just an indistinct black line really, caught on the security camera at the front gate of Garrison Petawawa around 5 a.m. on Feb. 13.

The figure seems to walk along Festubert Boulevard in the heavy snow that fell that night, then lingers for a while beside the Royal Canadian Legion before disappearing from view.

Was it Trinity Poil?

“It’s just a black line moving with no distinguishing features, so it could be anyone,” said Trinity’s mother, Tammy Poil, who was shown the video by police after Trinity’s disappearance more than six weeks ago.

Many people work odd shifts at Garrison Petawawa so someone walking near the gate at that hour would not be unusual. Several cars can be seen driving past and investigators and the Poil family still hope that someone there that morning might have seen something. Security cameras at other nearby businesses revealed nothing.

[...]

Hard to say without any identifying features in the video for sure. It is really not unusual for persons to walk down that road in front of the Legion. Single persons living on Base, Persons living in the married quarters (PMQs) - if they want to walk to downtown (Petawawa Boulevard) from the Base or the PMQs, the only way to get there is via Petawawa Boulevard due to the river. One must travel the Blvd, pass by the Legion and then over the bridge. Once you have just crossed the bridge, the business district starts up. MacDonalds, Tim Hortons, couple of bars and restaurants etc.

The river itself should have been frozen at the time Trinity disappeared, but we have had a few tragedies there with a soldier drowned while kayaking it most recently and a young child getting in it near the rapids and drowning from the North Side PMQ area.

I don't know how to paste in maps, but a link of the area in question is attached.

Google Maps

The Main Gate to Garrison Petawawa, where the footage was taken, is situated just above the trident shape that you see in the road intersection. The Legion is just south of the trident intersection, the bridge just south of that and then the business' immediately beginningsouth of the bridge.

I have been close with many trans folks- the issues they often struggle with are grave and very difficult to navigate. From deep seated depression due to identity issues and societal issues, harassment from strangers or even loved ones... it can be very difficult and confusing in a society that still makes very little room for gender non conformity. Sometimes trans people leave their old life behind to start fresh with people that only see them for who they are now.
Trinity’s family seems so loving and supportive though and she’s so young so that makes me worry, they would have continued to be a good safety net (as far as I can tell of course)
I really hope she’s safe and with people that support and love her immensely and that she will get in touch with family soon.
Sending my love to her family, but also to all gender non-conforming humans that need space just to be who they are! You are so so loved and appreciated by so many.

Police say it’s too soon to know the identity of human remains that were pulled from the Ottawa River south of Pembroke Thursday but that the families of two missing local girls have been notified of the discovery.

A passerby called Upper Ottawa Valley OPP at about 5 p.m. Thursday after finding the remains, which appeared to have been submerged for some time, off Forest Park Road in the Township of Laurentian Valley.

The detachment has been investigating the case of an unidentified 17-year-old girl who plunged off a rail bridge over the Petawawa River Sunday; military police at Garrison Petawawa have been searching for another teen, Trinity Poil, also 17, since February.

“It’s far too early in the investigation to rule anyone out,” said Insp. Stephan Neufeld of the OPP’s Pembroke detachment.
Families of girls missing near Pembroke notified as body pulled from Ottawa River

Anyone know who the other girl is? Is there a thread about her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back