GUILTY FL - Jerry 'Mike' Williams, 31, Tallahassee, 16 Dec 2000 *Wife Arrested in 2017*

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ.../search_by_name.asp?case_search_type=criminal
37 2018 CF 001592 A - STATE OF FLORIDA vs WILLIAMS, DENISE

Docket Date Docket Code Docket Text OR Book OR Page Source
1/25/2019 CCCE CASE COMMENTS FROM COURT EVENT *advertiser censored* NEW TRIAL - DENIED RENEWED *advertiser censored* JOA - DENIED CT. 3 - DISMISSED BY COURT JIS
1/25/2019 CTCM ‹‹-Req COURT MINUTES JIS

Sentencing is not yet appearing in the "Event" section, but this is the Docket listing:
12/18/2018 SENT SENTENCING DATE: 02/06/2019 09:00 AM ROOM - 3A

Judge denies motion for aquittal, new trial in Denise Williams case
  • Jan 25, 2019
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - A Leon County judge has denied a motion for acquittal and a new trial in the Denise Williams case.
[...]
Denise was charged with murder, conspiracy to commit murder, accessory to murder, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud, and two counts of insurance fraud.

During Friday's hearing, the judge dismissed the accessory after the fact charge but denied the motion for acquittal.

Williams is scheduled to be sentenced on February 6. She faces life in prison.
-----------

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ.../search_by_name.asp?case_search_type=criminal
https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/public/online_services/search_courts/process.asp

WILLIAMS, DENISE DEFENDANT 255249 1970 ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT - MURDER 1ST DEGREE 05/08/2018 HANKINSON Closed 2018 CF 001592 A003

1/25/2019 DISM CASE DISMISSED

Wednesday, February 6th:
*Sentencing (@ 9am ET) – FL – Jerry Michael “Mike” Williams (31) (Dec. 16, 2000, Tallahassee; found Dec. 9, 2017) – *Denise Merrell Williams Winchester (48/29 @ time of crime) arrested & charged (5/7/18) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & accessory after the fact. Plead not guilty. No bond (denied 6/19/18).
Also charged (8/10/18) with 3 counts of insurance fraud. Plead not guilty. Bond set at $50K for each count. Leon County-can’t access. Trial started 12/10/18 is just for Murder charges.
Her ex-husband Brian Winchester (45) was indicted (8/9/16) for kidnapping, domestic assault & armed burglary of Denise. Plead no contest (10/16/17) to plea agreement where assault charges were dropped. Sentenced 20 years in prison. They were married in Dec. 2005 & separated in 2012, divorced in 2016. 6/1/18: Brian took a plea deal with immunity & confessed to killing “Mike”.
8/10/18 Update: Williams obtained three life insurance policies totaling $1.75 million from two insurance companies following the death of her husband, Mike Williams. Court documents state Mike Williams applied for life insurance coverage worth $250,000 in February 1995 due to his recent marriage to Denise. Brian Winchester is listed as the agent for the policy. In March 2000, Mike applied for additional life insurance from a different company, with a policy amount totaling $500,000. In April 2000, Mike completed another life insurance application worth $1 million, with Winchester listed as the agent.
12/14/18 Day 5: Jury instructions. Closing arguments. Jury started deliberations at 11:30am ET. Jury ended deliberations at 7:30pm – and verdict: Guilty on all 3 charges. Case Management hearing on 12/18 to set sentencing date. Defense requests a pre-sentencing investigative report be started.
12/18/18 Update: Order granted in part defendant’s motion to exclude extra judicial statements by Winchester; order granted denying defendant's first motion in Limine; order granted defendants motion to preclude the imposition of the death penalty; order granted in part the State's motion in Limine; defendant's motion renewed re motion for judgment of acquittal & defendant's motion for new trial. Sentencing date scheduled for 2/6/19.

12/20/18 Defense files Motions for Judgment of Acquittal on each 3 charges & Motions for new trial. 1/2/19: Motions hearing for Juror interview scheduled for 1/23. Motion denied.
1/23/19 Update: Defense files motion for new trial. Motion hearing on 1/25. 1/25/19: A Leon County judge dismissed the accessory after the fact but has denied a motion for acquittal and a new trial. Sentencing is scheduled for 2/6. Faces life in prison.

I saw that video - but thanks for sharing!

And I wanted to
182x100px-LL-afeb3b6f_Thank20You205BRed5D.gif
for your help on the court dates!

Just heard about this case. All of these people are in my age range so it does hit home. Once again I'm flummoxed by the callousness of a person who apparently had everything going for her. I guess that $1.75 million was just too tempting to pass up. Not sure how these people are able to sleep at night.

Just heard about this case. All of these people are in my age range so it does hit home. Once again I'm flummoxed by the callousness of a person who apparently had everything going for her. I guess that $1.75 million was just too tempting to pass up. Not sure how these people are able to sleep at night.
Well, if they slept well before, it's going to be tougher now....I can't imagine the beds in prison are anywhere as close to comfortable as the ones they had at home! :D

Thank goodness they turned on each other. Without that, this would still be unsolved.

I really feel for his mom. I hope she receives apologies from all parties, and I sincerely hope that her granddaughter has it in her to get to know her grandmother.

In all of this there appears to be a forgotten person. Mike's daughter. She grew up not knowing her father. Then through the actions of her mother - who was apparently involved in cheating on Mike and then in his murder - she doesn't get a chance to know her grandmother. It would appear that she is an innocent victim as well. I hope she gets to know her grandmother, while she still can.

In all of this there appears to be a forgotten person. Mike's daughter. She grew up not knowing her father. Then through the actions of her mother - who was apparently involved in cheating on Mike and then in his murder - she doesn't get a chance to know her grandmother. It would appear that she is an innocent victim as well. I hope she gets to know her grandmother, while she still can.
It’s heartbreaking for both the daughter & her sweet grandmother. I pray they have reunited since Denise was found guilty & incarcerated. Does anyone here know if they’ve been in touch?

Oxygen has a new show "Injustice with Nancy Grace" with Episode 2 titled "Danger Lurks Below" being about the Mike Williams case. There are also a half dozen exclusives not included in the main show. In one, a detective describes how an undercover officer went to Denise posing as a cellmate to Brian Winchester and demanding $5000 to keep silent about everything Brian had told him. Denise did not take the bait, but Brian's fear that Denise might talk first is what prompted him to make a deal. The Oxygen show and exclusives can be watched here:

Danger Lurks Below

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back