TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see her leaving her vehicle behind, unless she was in major financial trouble maybe and knew she couldn’t make payments. Otherwise, how did she “run away?” A bus? They mostly have cameras now, don’t they, or is that a UK thing?

Also if someone else, i.e a parent paid her phone bill by chance, they could look at her calls...did she live at home? Or does anyone have her passwords to look up her phone bill?

I hope police pulled her phone records as I believe they can in TX as that is always going to provide the most info, especially for her age group. Jmo

I never buy the 'voluntarily missing' sell when LE has stated that the person:

-left a child behind with no explanation
-has not been in contact with anyone they speak with regularly
-phone is off/goes to voicemail
-abandoned their car
-not used bank/credit cards
-was last seen with or near someone that family believes they had a turbulent relationship with

I know there are rare cases where this does happen and the person later shows up alive, but I sadly don't believe that in this case she is missing because she wants to be.

I really, really want to be wrong here..

-abandoned their car
-was last seen with or near someone that family believes they had a turbulent relationship with

I know there are rare cases where this does happen and the person later shows up alive, but I sadly don't believe that in this case she is missing because she wants to be.

Agree 100%

-abandoned their car

I totally agree with you. Personally, I believe Prisma is deceased. But with no evidence of foul play, LE is not going to keep throwing resources at a case. The family needs to hire a PI.

I totally agree with you. Personally, I believe Prisma is deceased. But with no evidence of foul play, LE is not going to keep throwing resources at a case. The family needs to hire a PI.
Agreed....I have two hold outs. If they did get the phone records and see activity that we don't know about, possibly they are waiting and watching. Second, someone has threatened to do something to her family so she has done what they ask. Find Jerome Ezell thread.

While she was young when she had her son and seems to be doing it mostly alone, with family possibly. I am sure that is a lot for some women or most young women. Yes women do have meltdowns, need breaks or just get overwhelmed. I can see her maybe leaving her car if she couldn’t pay, maybe even leaving the new job if it wasn’t what she expected. I could see her needing a break from everyone and everything. I just can’t see a mom leaving and not knowing who would take care of her son. No hints or anything as to where she went. No idea if he would be ok.

I feel like it’s not very likely that she is missing voluntarily but there is a part of me that thinks that LE must know more than we do. I can’t imagine they haven’t checked phone or bank records by now. If there was nothing at all on phone or bank records, or something alarming, wouldn’t they be looking harder at the situation?

No way. Sigh...

Yeah I’d love to know the statistics for women who disappear voluntarily, leaving family and especially kids behind VS. women who disappear (that have kids) “voluntarily” only to be later found (or not found) dead at the hands of their husbands or boyfriends.
Off the top of my head, I can think of two odd cases where people went missing voluntarily; the infamous "runaway bride", and a case where a man deserted his family, created an new identity using the SSN of a deceased man, started a new family, and was discovered 20 years later. The runaway bride returned in a week or two, when she ran out of money. Which brings me to my point: IF Prisma is "voluntarily missing" and alive, she'll need food and shelter - which requires either money, or someone willing to support her. The other "voluntary" possibility is suicide - and you'd think if that was the case, she would have been found somewhere near her car by now. IMHO, the stronger possibility is that she met with foul play. I consider it highly unusual for a woman to leave a child or children and also not take her car or answer her phone for over a week. But I'm not ruling anything out yet. MOO

I feel like it’s not very likely that she is missing voluntarily but there is a part of me that thinks that LE must know more than we do. I can’t imagine they haven’t checked phone or bank records by now. If there was nothing at all on phone or bank records, or something alarming, wouldn’t they be looking harder at the situation?
Public knows about 25% of what LE wants public to know. Hope there is resolution soon

LE might know a lot more than they are revealing, and can probably eliminate some of the possible scenarios discussed here. Why don't they show the moment when she entered the camera view in front of the elevator?
If someone harmed her and took her somewhere, wouldn't they disable her phone immediately? Wouldn't LE have info on her phone's last known location by now?
Her ex lives in a building where every coming and going is supposedly recorded, so would LE have access to electronic records that could confirm his presence/absence that day?

LE might know a lot more than they are revealing, and can probably eliminate some of the possible scenarios discussed here. Why don't they show the moment when she entered the camera view in front of the elevator?
If someone harmed her and took her somewhere, wouldn't they disable her phone immediately? Wouldn't LE have info on her phone's last known location by now?
Her ex lives in a building where every coming and going is supposedly recorded, so would LE have access to electronic records that could confirm his presence/absence that day?

If he really did not see her, he probably offered his phone to LE. If he has refused such requests by LE, they are keeping it to themselves. Jmo

Just finished watching Gray Hughes Investigates episode from yesterday on YouTube (link below). There is footage by "Southern Gal" who visited the parking garage where Prisma was last seen. I highly recommend you watch it. Here's the link:
The segment on Prisma begins at 40:05.

My theory now, after viewing Gray's episode, is that someone who had access to the garage drove into the garage where Prisma was waiting. She then got into the vehicle and they drove up to the level on which this individual lives. It has 5 levels -- with parking on each level. She then proceeded to "visit" with the driver of the vehicle in that individual's apartment. (This is only my theory -- not fact.)

"Southern Gal" toured part of the apartment complex with a building manager who explained that there are no cameras in the residential hallways of the building. There are cameras in the parking garage, as well as license plate scanner devices.

Last edited:
Just finished watching Gray Hughes Investigates episode from yesterday on YouTube (link below). There is footage by "Southern Gal" who visited the parking garage where Prisma was last seen. I highly recommend you watch it. Here's the link:

My theory now, after viewing Gray's episode, is that someone who had access to the garage drove into the garage where Prisma was waiting. She then got into the vehicle and they drove up to the level on which this individual lives. It has 5 levels -- with parking on each level. She then proceeded to "visit" with the driver of the vehicle in that individual's apartment. (This is only my theory -- not fact.)

"Southern Gal" toured part of the apartment complex with a building manager who explained that there are no cameras in the residential hallways of the building. There are cameras in the parking garage, as well as license plate scanner devices.
An interesting theory and certainly a possibility. I watched that video yesterday and got the impression that Prisma could not have gotten into the elevator without an access code. Yet the Mesquite police spokesman Mark Bradford is seen in the video below (at 1:26) saying something to the effect of "Once she entered the elevator... we don't know on which floor she got off". Is that a confirmation that she entered the elevator at some point? They should know, the camera is right there.
Continúa desaparecida una madre de Mesquite

An Yet the Mesquite police spokesman Mark Bradford is seen in the video below (at 1:26) saying something to the effect of "Once she entered the elevator... we don't know on which floor she got off". Is that a confirmation that she entered the elevator at some point? They should know, the camera is right there.
Continúa desaparecida una madre de Mesquite
Slowly a little more info is coming out.....I believe LE has more and is quietly investigating.

So if she went up to the 5th floor or whichever floor in the persons car, wouldn’t she have been on camera in some part/floor of the parking garage?

At first I thought the elevator surveillance video was taken when she was leaving the garage, but now it seems more likely to me that she just entered the garage (approaching from the right side very close to the garage entrance), waiting for someone to give her access to upper floors or drive her there. If they intended to go somewhere else, it would probably make more sense to take her own car not to be late for pickup of her son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998