Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Libby and Abby thought BG was going to try to rob them, steal the phone? In mine and my 12 year old daughters self defense class, we were told that if you think you are being robbed, throw the purse, car keys, phone, whatever, as far as you can and run the other direction. I don't for a minute think that's what he was planning, but I can see how that might be the first thing that comes to mind in that moment, not murder. He was completely focused on them and her throwing the phone, if she did, had no effect. It hurts my heart. I hope they catch him today. This case is what's in my head every single time one of my spawn ask to go anywhere without me.
I think if this happened in a high traffic area, you’d be right.

But in this particular context, I doubt that robbery was their biggest fear.

They were in an isolated area, and help was quite a distance away.

I think something along the lines of sexual assault, would have been their bigger fear.

Haaaa. “One of my spawn.” :p

Well, my understanding is that there’s billboards of Mr. Disregard This Picture Now, billboards spread over quite a few states.
Yeah, but they have a witness to thank for that.

They had to do something, and the case was apparently only as strong as their best witness.

There’s no evidence this was due to ineptitude on the part of law enforcement.

Something is now telling them that they should be looking for a different man, and we don’t know what precipitated this change.

I am gonna be busy with finals up until the last week of may, but I will probably edit/enhance stuff in my off time and pop in with the links. Sorry if I don't reply to your comments, message me if you need to, I wont be combing my alerts as finely.

In light of the witness/vehicle revelation: Maybe the witness is someone who works in that building across the street. Maybe they saw the suspect changing clothes beside the car (seeing something they felt needed to be reported)? Maybe LE did follow that tip up but it led to nowhere...for whatever reason.

How possible is it that BG returned and was seen again recently? He probably knew they had the wrong image of him and there has not been any mention of the suspect driving a car; so he might have felt very comfortable parking in that same area.

I don't think LE has the car.

That is the problem with social media. People chat with someone and then they don’t think of that person as a stranger. And the person could be pretending to be someone else entirely. A 40 year old sex offender pretends to be a teenage boy.

The photos Libby was taking indicate to me that two girls whose intent is to enjoy the day and photograph each other, not to meet someone.

The photo of Abby seems too relaxed to me.

I don't think I'll ever catch up because these threads are flying but you all have put forth some great possibilities and theories. Just a heads up....True Crime on HLN is airing a a one hour special on the Delphi murders Monday at 2 pm ET.

I have been spending some time trying to see if I can tie together various pieces of info we have read or watched in the media.

I couldn’t sleep because in my mind I kept crocheting bits and piecing for a viable theory. So here goes my theory, based on the fact young BG parked at that specific location at the abandoned ‘Social Services Building’ I then theorized it was an important part of his plan.

Then I thought if the parking location was part of a plan then likely it was chosen because it provided access to the spot he had identified to commit his unspeakable crime. Then I further reasoned young BG possibly knew the CS terrain and was confident he could get in and out undetected. He felt confident in executing his plan and he would outsmart everyone. In the photos he looks preoccupied but I sense he knows he’s ready. He’s confident he is carrying tools hidden in his layers of clothes just waiting for the moment to strike to fulfill his fantasy.

Now I am going give a little background as to my thinking.

Perhaps young BG had visited the CS on Logan’s privately owned property as a child or young adult. He could lived close by or known the residents

I remembered very early on reading and watching the following article (link below:)
<snip>
Ron Logan has had a few problems with people on his 40-acre property during his 53 years there,​

Logan speaking,“I had my son on weekends. He played throughout these woods all the time, he and his buddies,” Logan said with a wistful look on his face. “That was a different time. Never did anyone in their wildest dreams think something like this would happen.”
<snip>
Owner of property where girls’ bodies found says he feels home is no longer his sanctuary
There is one more link with video of the Logan property to watch if you haven’t seen it (link below):
Delphi man (Ron Logan) shows FOX 59 the crime scene where searcher made the discovery of two missing teens’ bodies
Delphi man shows FOX 59 the crime scene where searcher made the discovery of two missing teens’ bodies
This is all my theory just attempting to find logic in the methodology young BG might have used.

I have a hunch he wasn’t nearly as smart as he imagined he was. I think at some point he turned on his cell phone to view a text, news, time or check his GPS? His cell pinged at one of the adjacent cell towers in the vicinity. My speculation only.

MOO

Last edited:
So BG is either sitting in his house in complete fear that any moment 100 cop cars are gonna come flying up to his house or he's feeling nice and comfy that again he has fooled everyone!! I got to believe he's feeling the walls closing in on him!

The haircut/style to me is distinctive. I am in the camp that believes LE probably knows who this is, but if not a visit to the Carroll County salons, barber shops, hair stylists, etc may be in order (if that hasn't already happened). Possibly a unique hair styling product may have been found with DNA as well.

In light of the witness/vehicle revelation: Maybe the witness is someone who works in that building across the street. Maybe they saw the suspect changing clothes beside the car (seeing something they felt needed to be reported)? Maybe LE did follow that tip up but it led to nowhere...for whatever reason.

How possible is it that BG returned and was seen again recently? He probably knew they had the wrong image of him and there has not been any mention of the suspect driving a car; so he might have felt very comfortable parking in that same area.

I don't think LE has the car.
I think it’s also telling that it may be a local bc the lot the vehicle was parked in was that of abandoned buildings.

So BG is either sitting in his house in complete fear that any moment 100 cop cars are gonna come flying up to his house or he's feeling nice and comfy that again he has fooled everyone!! I got to believe he's feeling the walls closing in on him!
I hope it’s the latter as well.

I’m giving this guy no credit for fooling anyone.

By its nature, a crime like this is difficult to solve.

I think he got lucky.

What if Libby and Abby thought BG was going to try to rob them, steal the phone? In mine and my 12 year old daughters self defense class, we were told that if you think you are being robbed, throw the purse, car keys, phone, whatever, as far as you can and run the other direction. I don't for a minute think that's what he was planning, but I can see how that might be the first thing that comes to mind in that moment, not murder. He was completely focused on them and her throwing the phone, if she did, had no effect. It hurts my heart. I hope they catch him today. This case is what's in my head every single time one of my spawn ask to go anywhere without me.

I was just thinking the same thing, that maybe Libby threw her phone to - in the least - not let the suspect get it from her!
JMO ;)

Reposting this ISP News Release that our keen-eyed Jax pointed out last night in case it wasn’t noticed many pages back.

BBM

New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect
This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered.

I guess that the girls didn’t suffer at the hands of this coward for a great length of time is the only consolation of murder occurring within “minutes”. :(

I can think of only three possibilities that would account for that.
1. The girls were targeted in advance and the killer was on a deliberate mission to murder. (unlikely given their ages imo)
2. The killer was a total lunatic in a murderous and furious rage for reasons unknown but involving some type of conflict with both, either or neither of the victims.
3. The girls were targeted abduction victims who attempted to flee from a dangerous predator and were killed so as not to identify him.

Anyone feel free to add.

Good theories.

I know most of the time there is sexual assault involved in these types of killings (young girls).

But I circle back to two theories. One is that the thought of killing itself is what grips him. Not of sexual assault. But of being able to control a person and take the light from their eyes. In some weirdos they just have a strong urge to murder. It can give them a sexual excitement or just satisfy a blood lust.

The second (which matched more to me with the first sketch or with an older guy) is the theory of a disgruntled, martinet. The kind like George Zimmerman and others we've seen who fancy themselves as authority figures and want to discipline others but who lack what it takes to actually be in law enforcement or successfully in the military. They have feelings of entitlement about the status they should have and a deep desire to be a respected authority figure, but their psychological make up precludes them from being accepted to any such position because they're weirdos and it becomes apparent to those who are capable of such positions.

If they were able to get such jobs they'd likely use those positions of authority to brutalize others, without reason.

They desperately want to use a weapon against someone they view as needing to be punished. "Your grass is a couple centimeters too high. I'm going to fine you." "You don't belong in this area. You must be up to no good. I'm going to detain you." "You aren't allowed to be on this bridge. You need to come with me."

Those are the theories I'm leaning toward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member