Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but they have a witness to thank for that.

They had to do something, and the case was apparently only as strong as their best witness.

There’s no evidence this was due to ineptitude on the part of law enforcement.

Something is now telling them that they should be looking for a different man, and we don’t know what precipitated this change.

Possibly several witnesses.

The first sketch is not of BG. So that is a mess up. LE basically said it themselves when telling everyone to disregard it.
To make matters worse, the sketch they just released was in their possession for over 2 years. But they didn't release it to the public. If this is, indeed, BG, that's a major screw-up.

Saw link to this user-friendly map of the bridge & surrounding area - I think the “former social services building” on the upper right was the location of the parked / abandoned car mentioned at the press conf. I appreciate a kiddie map like this so thought I’d post - HTH someone else too

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/newsbug.info/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/d/eb/deb60c4e-acf9-11e5-9ce2-bbc779333205/568082db42bb4.image.jpg?resize=1200,1553

Thank you. Very helpful.

Saw link to this user-friendly map of the bridge & surrounding area - I think the “former social services building” on the upper right was the location of the parked / abandoned car mentioned at the press conf. I appreciate a kiddie map like this so thought I’d post - HTH someone else too

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/newsbug.info/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/d/eb/deb60c4e-acf9-11e5-9ce2-bbc779333205/568082db42bb4.image.jpg?resize=1200,1553

This is perfect. We just need a few red x s on this

Have the police told the public to be on high alert and that there is a threat to the public? I mean I know they've said look out for him and if you know anything send in a tip.

I haven't directly seen them say anything like "we think he'll strike again, etc..." IMO, they're not afraid he's going to attack someone else. (ETA: This makes me think they believe it was personal, but I could be wrong.) I believe they're doing everything they possibly can to get him behind bars for good.

We have to remember, you're innocent until proven guilty. They can have all the facts and evidence, but are missing something that will guarantee guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt with a jury. We ALL want justice to be served, and I give major props to those investigators who've poured countless hours into this.

This creep won't get away with this forever.

ALL JMO

Just my current speculation and it could change at any moment lol

I think many of us are giving this way too much credit.

A prolific serial killer wouldn't take the risk of murdering two young girls in broad daylight near a public hiking trail.

This guy is likely just a sick twisted local who has alot of deep dark resentment for even being born. I don't believe he is at all sophisticated and I don't believe he is smart.

I think the event transpired rather quickly and I believe he high tailed it out of there before anyone was the wiser.

I think he was off the radar bc he's not in the public eye and he's not somebody that would draw alot of attention.

I think he probably doesn't have much going for him as far as a career and we will probably find out that to him this is his crowning achievement.

Personally I think he was extremely lucky and I think his luck is close to running out.....

Well, my understanding is that there’s billboards of Mr. Disregard This Picture Now, billboards spread over quite a few states.
I don't think that is true. All the billboards I'm aware of show the still photo (BG) taken from video on Libby's phone, and not the the sketch. BG photo is still applicable. MOO

A big sticking point for me re: was this killer experienced or a newbie... it’s really amazing (in a bad way) that he apparently left so little personal clues/evidence that would ID him to LE. What’s the chance of that for an inexperienced killer especially with there being 2 victims? Also, unlike many killers who are caught because they run their mouth to friends afterwards, BG (at least so far) hasn’t been trapped by that. Feeling less optimistic that BG will turn out to be some young punk that hasn’t killed before-just my opinion.

Thank you so much for posting this!
What is that tunnel on there all about (just under the Freedom Bridge and Plaza)? Forgive me if it has been talked about already, but I don't remember it being mentioned in the other threads?

Someone made a judgment call not to release the sketch to the public shortly after the murders. That was a mistake. If it turns out to be BG, then, yes, IMO, it was a screw-up. I'm not saying it was intentional. It happens. LE is not infallible.

It will only be a screw up if they had substantial evidence at the time that the first sketch was not BG. We don't have any idea what information they had. Easy to claim when we have probably less than 1% of the facts in this case.....MOO

I don't believe it was a screw up.....MOO

And it was likely a decision based on the collaboration of multiple agencies.....

Just my current speculation and it could change at any moment lol

I think many of us are giving this way too much credit.

A prolific serial killer wouldn't take the risk of murdering two young girls in broad daylight near a public hiking trail.

This guy is likely just a sick twisted local who has alot of deep dark resentment for even being born. I don't believe he is at all sophisticated and I don't believe he is smart.

I think the event transpired rather quickly and I believe he high tailed it out of there before anyone was the wiser.

I think he was off the radar bc he's not in the public eye and he's not somebody that would draw alot of attention.

I think he probably doesn't have much going for him as far as a career and we will probably find out that to him this is his crowning achievement.

Personally I think he was extremely lucky and I think his luck is close to running out.....

I agree with you about everything except the part about career. Chances are good that he is educated and either in college or grad school, or has a decent job, that keeps him from arousing suspicion. He's young. Has religious connections. History of mental illness that has been treated. MOO

Someone made a judgment call not to release the sketch to the public shortly after the murders. That was a mistake. If it turns out to be BG, then, yes, IMO, it was a screw-up. I'm not saying it was intentional. It happens. LE is not infallible.

They made that decision based on the information they had at that time (26 months ago). We have no idea what new information may have come to light that has influenced LE's decision to change course but IMO it must be of significant importance!

Hindsight is 20/20. We still don't know what has caused the change in sketch, nor why one was released first and not the other. LE can only work with the information they have and what it supports at the time.

I agree with you about everything except the part about career. Chances are good that he is educated and either in college or grad school, or has a decent job, that keeps him from arousing suspicion. MOO

Just because one has a good career doesn't mean that they are likely not to be on LE radar. A loaner with no previous criminal record would be just as likely to slip through the cracks IMO

That’s the kind of map I like, easy to read. Thank you:)
Now I don’t get how they ended up over by Deer Creek from the Monon Bridge. They went under / across the Hoosier Highway?

Just because one has a good career doesn't mean that they are likely not to be on LE radar. A loaner with no previous criminal record would be just as likely to slip through the cracks IMO

Of course you are right. I just believe the suspect will turn out to be, shockingly, well known in the community (not a loner).

The haircut/style to me is distinctive. I am in the camp that believes LE probably knows who this is, but if not a visit to the Carroll County salons, barber shops, hair stylists, etc may be in order (if that hasn't already happened). Possibly a unique hair styling product may have been found with DNA as well.
He may be looking at shaving his head and adding a mustache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow