Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindsight is 20/20. We still don't know what has caused the change in sketch, nor why one was released first and not the other. LE can only work with the information they have and what it supports at the time.

Completely agree.

According to recent statements by Trooper Taylor Bryant (artist of relevant sketch), he produced that drawing on 2/17/17 -- which was about the same time that LE had the still photo of BG extracted from Libby's video on her phone.

I think LE thought it best to release only the the photo on that date, and I think it was a good decision then -- considering sketch #2 hardly resembles BG photo. I believe releasing them both at that particular time in the investigation would probably have hindered more than helped the investigation.

As for the now disregarded sketch, it wasn't even available until months later or July 2017, and since it most favored the BG photo already distributed, I can understand why this was the sketch they chose to release at their July 2017 presser. It met the profile of their suspect at the time.

I think relevant sketch will prove more fruitful, regardless of the timing.

ETA: Disregarded sketch sure looks like many people!! Countless of innocent individuals have been matched up to it both here and globally! o_O

Last edited:
I think I tend to agree. I don't envision it being a crime of passion or a first-timer. I don't think this person is some sort of mastermind but I don't think he lacks experience in this department either...unfortunately. Could it be the same killer as that of Lyric and Elizabeth? All MOO

BBM. I've thought about Lyric and Elizabeth a lot since this latest development. Their murders were in 2012. If BG were involved, he'd have to be out of the late teen to early 20's age range for the Delphi murders because he would have been a young to middle teen himself at the time of the Iowa murders. Barely old enough to drive back then. If he were a licensed driver (say 17) at the time of the Iowa murders that would put him about 23 at youngest for the Delphi murders.

Unless I'm just totally turned around my perception is the event happened in the badly circled area. I'm more than open to correction.
Thank you! I need all the help I can get, I just realized I had looked at the map all wrong and totally missed the Monan high bridge, thought it was at the top where it says Monan High Bridge Trail... talk about directionally challenged, I am that !

I can't see any part of definition of any kind necessary to really determining his age at all.

Before, most saw a grizzled older man with facial hair of some sort, hair color, etc. Now people can suddenly see a "baby face".

But you could be right that she just happened to catch him in the background as she recorded Abby.

However, LE has been pretty clear in their praise of Libby's heroism in intentionally and surreptitiously capturing this man on a recording.

It's blurry, IMO, because of the distance.

Also he may indeed have been trying to conceal his age with his clothes.

There was a link to an article a few hundred posts back :( about LE saying that some of the audio from the phone captured "girl talk" as well as the girls making mention of a guy following them, or creepy guy (something like that). That is clearly heroic and brave on Libby's part to have the presence of mind in such a scary situation. I looked for the post and can't locate it.

Completely agree.

According to recent statements by Trooper Taylor Bryant (artist of relevant sketch), he produced that drawing on 2/17/17 -- which was about the same time that LE had the still photo of BG extracted from Libby's video on her phone.

I think LE thought it best to release only the the photo on that date, and I think it was a good decision then -- considering sketch #2 hardly resembles BG photo. I believe releasing them both at that particular time in the investigation would probably have hindered more than helped the investigation.

As for the now disregarded sketch, it wasn't even available until months later or July 2017, and since it most favored the BG photo already distributed, I can understand why this was the sketch they chose to release at their July 2017 presser.

I think relevant sketch will prove more fruitful, regardless of the timing.

ETA: Disregarded sketch sure looks like many people!! Countless of innocent individuals have been matched up to it both here and globally! o_O

I've always thought the person in disregarded sketch was very generic.

Please do let me know if my theory has been considered here, but I have been pondering a strange one today.

What if the timeline we've been given is completely off? What if the person who killed these little girls left the phone on purpose? Could he have met with the girls very shortly after they arrived? What if he is young, completely tech savvy, and posted the Snaps himself after the murders took place to throw the timeline off by making it seem as though the girls were alive? Snapchat has changed a lot with updates over the last two years, so he could have shared a photo of Abby on the bridge from a file rather than an image taken in real time. Since we are now being told that BG isn't the murderer (Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but new info via MSM from LE seems to clarify that BG and the suspect aren't the same people?) and the newer sketch with the younger looking perpatraror is the actual suspect, does it seem logical to anyone here that the person in the new sketch could have possibly taken the footage of BG as a way to frame someone else after the murder had taken place? Have LE already analyzed the BG footage for accurate time of day given the sunlight/shadows contained within the footage they've got? What if he pressed record on Libby's phone and purposely recorded the gruesome audio himself? Of course I hate to take away the amazing foresight had by Libby, but it's worth considering all angles. If he was capable of committing the acts, he was capable of recording the audio (at least.) This is the only way my mind can get past the murderer leaving the phone behind chockfull of seemingly incriminating evidence. Thoughts?

Food for thought. Obviously all my personal speculation.

ISP: More audio recovered from slain Delphi teen's phone

From article:
"Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators recovered more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene."

There are another time in an interview that he confirms finding the phone. It's always possible the reporter is misreporting or police lying about the phone. Police can and do misdirect for their own reasons. I just don't think so.

MOO I like to think Libby hurled her phone to an inaccessible place like river or brush as an act of defiance before her death.

Early on there was a report and video showing the lab, recently mentioned again. I think there is no doubt the cellphone was recovered and no doubt it’s a critical piece of evidence. I’ve always wondered if Libby chucked it in the river.

Computer Crimes Against Children unit running out of funds
“The Computer Crimes Against Children unit is responsible for getting the video clip from Liberty German’s cellphone that allowed investigators to release an image and audio clip”.......

Please do let me know if my theory has been considered here, but I have been pondering a strange one today.

What if the timeline we've been given is completely off? What if the person who killed these little girls left the phone on purpose? Could he have met with the girls very shortly after they arrived? What if he is young, completely tech savvy, and posted the Snaps himself after the murders took place to throw the timeline off by making it seem as though the girls were alive? Snapchat has changed a lot with updates over the last two years, so he could have shared a photo of Abby on the bridge from a file rather than an image taken in real time. Since we are now being told that BG isn't the murderer and the newer sketch with the younger looking perpatraror is the actual suspect, does it seem logical to anyone here that the person in the new sketch could have possibly taken the footage of BG as a way to frame someone else after the murder had taken place? Have LE already analyzed the BG footage for accurate time of day given the sunlight/shadows contained within the footage they've got? What if he pressed record on Libby's phone and purposely recorded the gruesome audio himself? Of course I hate to take away the amazing foresight had by Libby, but it's worth considering all angles. If he was capable of committing the acts, he was capable of recording the audio (at least.) This is the only way my mind can get past the murderer leaving the phone behind chockfull of seemingly incriminating evidence. Thoughts?

Food for thought. Obviously all my personal speculation.

Much of the information that’s been released gives the impression the murderer was not aware Libby was using her phone to video or record conversations. He wasn’t aware because she intentionally ensured her actions were not obvious. If he didn’t know the phone contained incriminating evidence, then he’d have no reason to be concerned.

Last edited:
There was a link to an article a few hundred posts back :( about LE saying that some of the audio from the phone captured "girl talk" as well as the girls making mention of a guy following them, or creepy guy (something like that). That is clearly heroic and brave on Libby's part to have the presence of mind in such a scary situation. I looked for the post and can't locate it.

DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) - State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

Doesn't it sound like the focus of the audio was not the man. They were talking about girl stuff and only mentioned the man.

Much of the information that’s been released gives the impression the murderer was not aware Libby was using her phone to video or record conversations. If he wasn’t, then he wouldn’t have known her phone contained incriminating evidence.
I agree.

If for some reason he did know, he may have forgotten.

A double murder in broad daylight is an inherently chaotic event.

In his rush to get out of there, he could have neglected to take the phone.

My guess though, is that he never saw it.

I don't think there was sexual assault on either girl - I don't think that is a part of BG's makeup. Based on what is known regarding the relative swiftness and brutality of the murders, I think it was a methodical act, driven by some deep seated anger/personal conflict that probably goes way back in his life, and that he has yet to resolve.

Coupled with this, I think we will discover some of the following:
  1. that he is likely from Indiana or an adjacent state, but has strong ties to Delphi
  2. is a young adult pursuing a specific career path, which may or may not be of his own choosing
  3. between school and/or job training, he "floats" in and out of the Delphi community
  4. on the surface, is very personable, has many friends & contacts, and overall, a seemingly normal life, but . . .
  5. . . . has some deep seated conflict he can't seem to resolve, maybe tied to his career path and/or personal life, which . . .
  6. . . . somehow, psychologically, drove him to commit this act, to "boil over" so-to-speak, in an effort to release his frustration, anger, confusion, emotional pain, etc.
Just thinking out loud.
Yes, I agree.

I don't think there was a sexual assault either (though I wouldn't be shocked if it happened).

I get the feeling that the perp couldn't commit a sexual assault - not that he couldn't do it physically, but mentally couldn't do it. I think the rage against the girls was actually rage against himself that he was attracted (or repulsed) by the young adolescents and he lashed out at them in violence out of disgust with his own urges. They paid the price for what he didn't want to feel.

I don't think he is still committing that type of crime, but I think he's a ticking time bomb to eventually do it again.

And that's why it's vitally important for someone to turn him in - or turn himself in. To save the next girl(s), he needs to be caught.

jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member