Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

If for some reason he did know, he may have forgotten.

A double murder in broad daylight is an inherently chaotic event.

In his rush to get out of there, he could have neglected to take the phone.

My guess though, is that he never saw it.
Also he could just be desensitized to it if he has kids or is around kids, teenagers never put their phones down, who knows what they are they doing with em half the time.

The third video, an awesome frame-by-frame, really showcased that his jacket seems stuffed with something. Once again, thank you @RedBeard !

I think he is holding the gun under his jacket. So the jacket is bunched up and the brown part of his hoodie underneath shows more and may be mistaken for a fanny pack? IDK

DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) - State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

Doesn't it sound like the focus of the audio was not the man. They were talking about girl stuff and only mentioned the man.

Why did they record themselves?

Someone made a judgment call not to release the sketch to the public shortly after the murders. That was a mistake. If it turns out to be BG, then, yes, IMO, it was a screw-up. I'm not saying it was intentional. It happens. LE is not infallible
Yes, I understand, I just meant that I didn't think it necessarily means the murder itself was quick. "Minutes" can be 20 or 30 minutes which could mean that he didn't murder them right by the bridge, but spent 10 minutes walking them to another location, further in the woods and near the creek where they were found.
I was just trying to say that I don't think he acted in an out of control rage. I believe it was more deliberate and controlled. Imo

MOO
This new direction seems to point to someone who played at the bridge as a kid.

First overwhelm a victim at the end of the bridge with speed and a handgun so they cannot run.
Then down the hill to the ankle deep creek crossing, up a bank and then on up to flat area inaccessible from the cemetery above due a steep drop. A flat area that can't be seen or heard from the bridge.
It just sounds like a route and features learned while playing games.
I assume everyone that was ever known to play or hang out there there has already been interviewed. I assume they will be interviewed again.

Last edited:
I don't think there was sexual assault on either girl - I don't think that is a part of BG's makeup. Based on what is known regarding the relative swiftness and brutality of the murders, I think it was a methodical act, driven by some deep seated anger/personal conflict that probably goes way back in his life, and that he has yet to resolve.

Coupled with this, I think we will discover some of the following:
  1. that he is likely from Indiana or an adjacent state, but has strong ties to Delphi
  2. is a young adult pursuing a specific career path, which may or may not be of his own choosing
  3. between school and/or job training, he "floats" in and out of the Delphi community
  4. on the surface, is very personable, has many friends & contacts, and overall, a seemingly normal life, but . . .
  5. . . . has some deep seated conflict he can't seem to resolve, maybe tied to his career path and/or personal life, which . . .
  6. . . . somehow, psychologically, drove him to commit this act, to "boil over" so-to-speak, in an effort to release his frustration, anger, confusion, emotional pain, etc.
Just thinking out loud.

This fits my assessment to a tee. One hundred percent. I would also add that there is a strong religious connection. That there are serious mental health issues is redundant.

DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) - State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

Doesn't it sound like the focus of the audio was not the man. They were talking about girl stuff and only mentioned the man.

So a man was stalking/following them and they didn't recognize or know him. Unless he was in disguise.

Much of the information that’s been released gives the impression the murderer was not aware Libby was using her phone to video or record conversations. He wasn’t aware because she intentionally ensured her actions were not obvious. If he didn’t know the phone contained incriminating evidence, then he’d have no reason to be concerned.
Yes, I think she was definitely holding the phone by her side, maybe near her pocket so it would not be obvious. Imo

So I skipped ahead about 3 pages so don't know if this was covered but I listened to the podcast someone linked and it was stated in the podcast by the former FBI profilers that the first (now abandoned) sketch of the suspect was someone the police arrested (a sex offender) recently and he was determined not to be the killer, which is why they switched to the new sketch. Anyone have a link for this information? I haven't heard of it before. TIA

Last edited:
Can someone please answer a quick question for me? I am threads behind so I apologize that I’m looking for info that likely has been discussed.

Regarding the vehicle mentioned at the press conference, there’s been a lot of discussion, as I understood it, to be about the vehicle being there on the day the girls were killed. But I just watched the press conference and realized he’s asking about the 14th, from noon to five.

What have you geniuses surmised about this? I think they mentioned the search resumed at 12:15 on that day. So, possibly if the vehicle belonged to the perp was he possibly there “searching” within that time frame?

Has this been discussed?

I was avoiding posting this because I haven’t had time or the energy to find a link. In the last few days, since the press conference, I have re-read just about all the threads on this case starting at the beginning. (Ok, I skimmed most of it really ). In any case, I remember reading, or perhaps even watching, Libby’s family talking about the recording between the girls... and what was said about BG. They mentioned something to the effect that there was that creepy guy again, and then later Abby, (could have been Libby but my recall is that this is said by Abby) says, “he’s right behind me isn’t he?”. I remember that very clearly because it creeped me out and took my breath away. I am sure that was what was said. It could have been a transcript of the Dr Phil interview, it could have been an interview with Grey Hughes, or it could have been someplace else, but wherever it was, it was the family that was recalling what they heard in the audio that hasn’t been released to the public.

Why did they record themselves?
Why do people take selfies?

FWIW, as a teenager, my friends and I photographed each (with film cameras) and recorded audio of each other (pretend interviews, mostly). We thought it was fun. It was before SM, but if SM existed, I'm sure we would've posted our masterpieces. Abby and Libby that day remind me of what my friends and I did - I can totally picture going on the bridge to take cool videos and photos.

jmo

Can someone please answer a quick question for me? I am threads behind so I apologize that I’m looking for info that likely has been discussed.

Regarding the vehicle mentioned at the press conference, there’s been a lot of discussion, as I understood it, to be about the vehicle being there on the day the girls were killed. But I just watched the press conference and realized he’s asking about the 14th, from noon to five.

What have you geniuses surmised about this? I think they mentioned the search resumed at 12:15 on that day. So, possibly if the vehicle belonged to the perp was he possibly there “searching” within that time frame?

Has this been discussed?
It was corrected to the 13th, the day of the murder.

A big sticking point for me re: was this killer experienced or a newbie... it’s really amazing (in a bad way) that he apparently left so little personal clues/evidence that would ID him to LE. What’s the chance of that for an inexperienced killer especially with there being 2 victims? Also, unlike many killers who are caught because they run their mouth to friends afterwards, BG (at least so far) hasn’t been trapped by that. Feeling less optimistic that BG will turn out to be some young punk that hasn’t killed before-just my opinion.

But if he's not in the system because he hasn't had to give DNA before, it can be hard to match him up. I mean he may have left DNA and stuff. But he had to have been in the system for them to match it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire